• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just left for my break to see that PAPA GENO’S BEAT ME TO IT! GRAAAAAA!

In the video from PapaGenos (also, your video is great!!), he mentioned that there's maintenance on the Tuesday, of which being the night before the Direct would be airing. Is this normal to happen before the Direct?

Windwaker is generally viewed very favorably among fanbase; issues are usually superficial or not liking the sailing. Twilight Princess needs to be reimagined. It has so many pacing and gameplay issues throughout. They'd probably choose Ocarina for a reimagining though. Idk. Twilight would be the best for it though imo. Personally I think Windwaker also has the best traditional story of the franchise (Majora is #1 to me) and the Ganondorf with the most character and well established motives; probably the Zelda with the most character as well.
WW's Ganondorf is my best one.

He is the best Zelda character after all.
I like Toon link. His design still look fresh today. And i like grandma too, it is so warm.

In the video from PapaGenos (also, your video is great!!), he mentioned that there's maintenance on the Tuesday, of which being the night before the Direct would be airing. Is this normal to happen before the Direct?
Thank you! But yeah most of the time there’s maintenance around directs, but never in a very patternable way. Could’ve sworn sometimes it’s the day before, day of, day after, and on top of that maintenance like the kind he mentioned is very common, so we don’t usually take it into account for Direct speculation

people here confident its going to be a good direct?
When it comes to the all round offering I think it should be pretty good. There's potential stuff like maybe Mina the Hollower, almost certainly Dragon Quest 2D-HD, perhaps Fantasian and maybe the remaster of Beyond Good & Evil which could show up. Those would all be great options for 2024 for me, joining Ys X, World of Goo 2 and maybe Metal Slug Tactics on Switch for the rest of the year for me.

For Nintendo's line up? Difficult to judge where it's going to land. I'd guess there'll be four to six first party titles announced or shown that we haven't seen before. Metroid Prime 4 and the long-rumoured Fire Emblem 4 remake would be ideal for me, as would a new 2D Zelda or a new Donkey Kong. One out of Camelot, NdCube or Sega probably turn up with the annual October Mario release, which wouldn't be especially interesting to me. Depending on how many new titles are confirmed, there's guaranteed to be more Old Stuff coming. Interesting new games for the eShop from someone like HAL would be good, and I'd be happy to see some good stuff confirmed for NSO, like a first ever re-release for Diddy Kong Racing.

I doubt I'm outright going to think it's bad for Switch as a whole, but Nintendo's own line up has done very little for me this year and I'm not sure to what extent that will change. I don't need much, really, so two or three interesting first party purchases to join my other planned purchases will do.

Always thought TP and WW were low tier Zelda games. For me the gamecube era was a bad time to be a Zelda fan specially coming from games like OOT/MM and the Oracle games. If they are going to remaster a Zelda game I would prefer the Oracle games specially since we had a 3D one last year and there hasn't been a 2D one in 5 years.

I mean it was pretty definitively better than the entire decade between Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild.

Speaking as an observer only, not someone with information on the direct.
You have to define what you mean by 'good' , for some people it's new AAA Nintendo games or 'specific game i want getting announced'
I think if it's that kind of 'good' then it may not satisfy.

But more genrally, it expect for it to be a good direct. And i hope the scores reflect that in @Guaraná 's post direct poll :)

I expect the direct to have a lot smaller games, and remasters/remakes plus the last rush of 3rd party titles from key partners that may surprise some folks.
It will be a 'good' direct in the sense that there will be a lot of games, a lot to interesting games accross a variety of genres, and we'll likely get a tentpole holiday release that is at least exciting (im banking on 2D Zelda)

I feel like, if they make a TOTK/Impriosining War game, there’s nothing more they can do with Hyrule Warriors, unless it’s an original game that’s not a series homage
Koei/Omega Force: while looking over their immense catalog of games based off of Three Kingdoms China and Warring States Japan

90ec72b8f7c698442d9c5d6715accc9d.jpg

But in all seriousness...even when it's time to move on from the "Wild" era of Hyrule, I'm sure there's more Omega Force could do with another HW that either is a part of Nintendo's new era, or just does something else altogether.

Hell, I would say the only bad thing about HW1 being a crossover with its own self-contained story is that it meant those versions of Link, Zelda, Ganondorf and pals were laid to rest too soon. Those guys could have carried their own series of games, if they were allowed.

Someone catch me up on why we think it's on the 18th? I tried to read some of the posts but I don't get it, Among Us leaked the date?
Inner Sloth posted a trailer too early for their next Among Us update. The trailer is dated the 18th and says the update is "out now". Among Us has dropped updates via Directs before, so people think that the update that's supposed to drop on the 18th was going to be announced at a Direct.

Inner Sloth posted a trailer too early for their next Among Us update. The trailer is dated the 18th and says the update is "out now". Among Us has dropped updates via Directs before, so people think that the update that's supposed to drop on the 18th was going to be announced at a Direct.
honestly this is as good of a proof as you can get.

People keep talking about restoring the dungeons in Wind Waker but correct me if I am wrong but someone at Nintendo said, probably Aonuma, the dungeons were reused in later Zelda games? That wouldn't seem right. Like oh hey I played this dungeon in Twilight Princess why is it here?

Someone catch me up on why we think it's on the 18th? I tried to read some of the posts but I don't get it, Among Us leaked the date?

1. Isn't this week or would have been leaked already
2. Would be weird to do on the same week as Luigi's Mansion 2 so probably not the last week of the month.
3. Directs are only on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
4. This leaves June 18th, June 19th, and June 20th left from points 1, 2, and 3.
5. June 19th would be pretty awkward due to being a US federal holiday about the abolishing of slavery (no Direct has ever taken place on a US federal holiday before and NoA people have the 19th as a holiday)
6. The 18th and 20th are therefore the only super likely dates and the 18th has the Among Us date.

1. Isn't this week or would have been leaked already
2. Would be weird to do on the same week as Luigi's Mansion 2 so probably not the last week of the month.
3. Directs are only on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
4. This leaves June 18th, June 19th, and June 20th left from points 1, 2, and 3.
5. June 19th would be pretty awkward due to being a US federal holiday about the abolishing of slavery (no Direct has ever taken place on a US federal holiday before and NoA people have the 19th as a holiday)
6. The 18th and 20th are therefore the only super likely dates and the 18th has the Among Us date.
Okay yeah those are fairly convincing to me. If it's on the 18th, I would assume an announcement on the 17th, Monday. Unless it's a Mini (which get shadowdropped iirc and don't get announced beforehand)

People keep talking about restoring the dungeons in Wind Waker but correct me if I am wrong but someone at Nintendo said, probably Aonuma, the dungeons were reused in later Zelda games? That wouldn't seem right. Like oh hey I played this dungeon in Twilight Princess why is it here?
The designs for the dungeons were repurposed for dungeons in later games, not used as is. But since they have already used those ideas, they are no longer left to be implemented in Wind Waker

Anytime I said there are no bad Zelda games, people would chime in with "what about the CD-i games?" which to me just reinforced my point. If the only way you can find a bad Zelda game is to dig into the obscure stuff from Nintendo licensing the IP out, then you've proven my point.

I'm feeling good about it, at least. End of the console life has the largest installbase, means the best change for ROI on weird games and experiments to see what might stick. Splatoon came out of Garage towards the end of Wii U's lifespan, so I wonder if the young guard has a new IP ready to come out to send off Switch and if successful enough, carry through on Switch 2.

Even if it's no new IPs and just sequels/remasters/ports, at least Nintendo and some third parties have been good about bringing back Gamecube titles. I won't be foolish enough to believe there will be anything more than a Luigi's Mansion 1 shadowdrop, but I'm feeling confident that the games that would get announced and ported from the Gamecube and PS360 generations, or maybe even some sequels no one asked for might make a reappearance.

Anytime I said there are no bad Zelda games, people would chime in with "what about the CD-i games?" which to me just reinforced my point. If the only way you can find a bad Zelda game is to dig into the obscure stuff from Nintendo licensing the IP out, then you've proven my point.
People who talk shit about CDi Zelda games don't realize the veritable gold mine of memes we would be without if they didn't exist. Yes they were awful, but YouTube Poops are proto-shitposts, and we are enriched all the more for them.

R.df3528aaf4b009b3b149de288cda5d86

Unaseamim.gif

1lhOHz.gif

Windwaker is generally viewed very favorably among fanbase; issues are usually superficial or not liking the sailing. Twilight Princess needs to be reimagined. It has so many pacing and gameplay issues throughout. They'd probably choose Ocarina for a reimagining though. Idk. Twilight would be the best for it though imo. Personally I think Windwaker also has the best traditional story of the franchise (Majora is #1 to me) and the Ganondorf with the most character and well established motives; probably the Zelda with the most character as well.
uhhh WW has much worse pacing issues imo

Is there any reason to be confident it's coming this year.
rated almost everywhere, already a year past when it was originally supposed to come out, the PR guy saying it's coming soon, etc
you're free to think it's a 2025 game but i think there's no way it's missing 2024.

I'm currently replaying Mario Wonder and i gotta ask.....how many more "Bros Wonder" games do you guys want?
I would like a sequel in late 2026/early 2027 and eventually a 3rd game in 2030 before retiring that sub-series.
I’m not sure they’ll keep Wonder tbh

Am I the only person in the world who enjoyed both the sailing and the Triforce quest in the original Wind Waker?

Yeah, the changing the wind thing wasn't fun, but I loved exploring that world so much that the sailing was enjoyable and immersive. As for the Triforce quest, the game's basically telling you "Go, explore, and figure things out" which is absolutely my shit. It's why I love games like Tunic, Outer Wilds, The Witness, etc. The Triforce quest feels a bit like that to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom