• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
TP is fantastic. WW is fantastic. Also I'm weird and I think every Zelda game is at a minimum 'very good', minus obvious exceptions like the CD-i titles. I feel like I belong nowhere.
You are most certainly not alone! I still haven't played WW but since I recently bought the HD version used, I don't care much if it comes to Switch. TP would be nice though I think it needs more than a simple remaster in HD to look good.

TP is fantastic. WW is fantastic. Also I'm weird and I think every Zelda game is at a minimum 'very good', minus obvious exceptions like the CD-i titles. I feel like I belong nowhere.
Oh, for sure. I don't think there are out-and-out "bad" Zelda games either, just some that deliver what I want out of a Zelda game extremely well (TLoZ, ALttP, OoT, MM, LA, BotW, TotK) and some that, well, don't (TP, SKSW, PH, ST).

Because a WW/TP HD bundle would at least give me one great game (and one not-so-great-but-still-good game), and the other would give me ALBW.😉

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

:devilish:
I’ve actually never played Twilight Princess, it’s the only mainline Zelda I’ve never played and one of the few I’ve never finished. So I’m really excited for it!

TPHD on Wii U didn’t interest me since that final year of Wii U was such a slog I didn’t end up getting any games that released, I didn’t want to play it on Wii, and the GameCube version’s always been expensive.

Plus, thanks to the leaks, I’ve been playing chicken with the Wii U version, whether or not to buy it as it climbs in price. The past few years I’ve just KNOWN that the moment I bought it, Nintendo would announce the Switch version with my luck, so I’ve been stubbornly patient.

As for Wind Waker, I’d definitely skip since I have both of the other releases, unless they overhaul the graphics/lighting or something. But yeah, here’s someone who’s excited for TPHD!!

Despite my constant complaints about TotK, and how much it disappointed me, I largely agree. I think at worst there might be one or two 7/10s and those would be Phantom Hourglass and Tri Force Heroes. The former is held back by some poor design choices and repetitive segments, while the latter is well Tri Force Heroes.

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker is amazing, one of the best game on the gamecube (probably top 2 behind pikmin for me funnily enough) and it’s also like not even top 5 best Zelda game ever. If this doesn’t speak of how stacked the zelda series is with amazing titles then I don’t know what to say.
Especially in the 3d zelda space they’re all excellent games.

I’d really like to see a 2D Zelda, either new or selfishly because I really love it, ALBW. I love 3D Zelda’s a lot but it’s been a while since LA so, whilst a TP/WW port would be great and I’d definitely pick them up, I kind of don’t want a 2D Zelda (if it even comes) to the Switch 2 only. I guess I don’t want everything saved just for the new console 😅

Wind Waker was a 10/10 as a kid, it's probably like an 8.8/9 for me now but still an excellent experience. Twilight Princess was like an 8.5 for me based on the early game stuff I got to experience before my disc broke, but I feel like 26-year-old me will love the hell out of those dungeons now

I would like to give TP another shot. I kind of slogged through it on the Wii-U. From what I remember, the dungeons were really cool, but I wasn't in love with a lot of the town settings.

Wind Waker I just played through last year so I'm not dying to replay it any time soon. I still have to get a Skyward Sword playthrough in.

Never got around to Twilight Princess but Wind Waker bored the hell out of me on GameCube. I'd be willing to give Twilight Princess a shot, at least

Wind Waker HD is one of my favorite games of all time but I just don't really care about a theoretical Switch port. It's one of the best uses of the Wii U gamepad despite being a rerelease imo, I don't want to go back to sailing without it

Wind Waker this, Twilight Princess that. Forget those games, where's the remake of the best Gamecube Zelda game?

220px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_Four_Swords_Adventures_Game_Cover.jpg

Pretty much a dream, but it would be amazing if we got a full remake of WW on Switch 2 along with all the cut content and dungeons that were supposed to be in the original GC release. I would die.

I kinda dislike that we've entered a near identical phase as to what the 3DS went through where people want everything to be saved for the Switch 2.
I honestly expect there to be an overlap between both Switch 1 and 2 over the next few years, compared to the 3DS' twilight years, so I don't think the whining will be that strong. Of course, you'll still get those people who'll bitch and moan about how the Switch 1 is holding back the Switch, just like with PlayStation, but eh. 🤷‍♂️

Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are both extremely important to me with tons of great memories associated with them throughout my childhood and early teen years respectively (and again when rediscivering them in my early to mid 20s).

With that said, if you didn't play them in their time or aren't a kid/younger teenager now, I'd say they are both 8/10 games by modern standards.

Both games are mostly vibes games that are beloved for their artstyle and atmosphere but both have major pacing problems, very simple combat and puzzles and weak stories. The main difference is Twilight Princess has strong dungeons and set pieces (something Wind Waker struggles with) while Wind Waker has a more open overworld and a better variety of side activities

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more, of all the Zelda games I have played, SS is my least favourite, but I would still give that an 8/10 because it is still great! Shows you how good the series is when the weakest game, in my opinion of course, is still an 8/10

Idk if its confirmation, unless the last Walmart posts were close to the Direct but I forget.

Walmart and AmongUs coming in clutch I guess?
Oh it's not necessarily confirmation, they just typically post and, for some reason, things happen that they tweet about (I'm not sure if they know things or not)

I'm wondering if this is the year we see the long-fabled TV-only Switch model. It's been a few years since we got the OLED revision, a cheap digital-only slab could help juice Switch sales without having to drop prices on existing models

Wind Waker this, Twilight Princess that. Forget those games, where's the remake of the best Gamecube Zelda game?

220px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_Four_Swords_Adventures_Game_Cover.jpg

This is a great game for someone who doesn't have a whole lot of time after school or work but wants a bit sized Zelda experience. Each level gives you a bit exploration, a bit of puzzle solving, a bit of combat. Great for the Zelda fan that only has 30 minutes to play.

people here confident its going to be a good direct?
I think it'll be fine.

Internet will go wild as long as Prime 4 is present. Even more so if Silksong is there.

Other than that, I think it's going to be a lot of small projects. Nintendo is saving the heavy hitters for Switch 2.

I'm fairly optimistic. I'm coming at this from the perspective of:

a) we know nothing past July; it's Luigi's Mansion this month, Nintendo World Championship next month, and then a great big question mark from August onwards
b) I don't think Nintendo's "averaging 1 game every month" pipeline is gonna completely collapse during the lead up to Switch 2, even with the alleged delay
c) I'm not basing my enjoyment of the direct on whether or not one specific thing shows up; like, I definitely want to see Prime 4, but it's not a make-or-break deal to me and I'm generally open to most of the games Nintendo puts out

Most of the time, when we go into a direct knowing so few upcoming games, I end up thinking it was a pretty good direct because Nintendo's good at filling in empty space with interesting surprises. They've got almost half a year they'll want to outline in this Direct, and they don't even have a Pokemon game to do some of the lifting for them this fall. Combine that with their stated goals for Switch sales this fiscal year and I'm very interested to see what they've got in store

Are Twitter embeds just broken? It loads fine when I click through. The post is just the boxart of Xenoblade Chronicles X with the text

I don't buy it at all, but I suppose we'll know one way or another in the next 48 hours.
Starting to think this isn't happening...

Huh, interesting... Even more interesting that he wouldn't specify which ones and in which games.
The ‘steam’ elements from the Goron mines in TP were a remnant from one of the cut dungeons from WW.

As far as I am aware, (at least) two dungeons were cut from WW, and the puzzles and themings etc were recycled, mostly for TP and PH. It wasn’t full dungeons that were cut and then slapped into a subsequent game.

Well whatever happens, at least one FE4 character was shown at the last general Direct. I expect her to be shown here in some capacity, even if it is also with a plumber

bhciaci.png

There's potential for some nice surprises in the form of remasters, some third party goodies and maybe even hopefully the likes of Metroid Prime 4, FE4 and/or new DK.

It'll just all depend on exactly how Nintendo wants to spend Switch's last year of its residency.

I'd probably give Wind Waker a 3 and Twilight Princess a 4. I know some people really like them but that doesn't change the fact that they were the third and fourth 3D Zelda respectively.
Sorry for the double quote, but this is actually genius because it makes Skyward Sword a perfect 5/7.

Remember when everyone was so confident that Nintendo would do a Zelda 35th Anniversary Direct because Mario had one and then of course, they didn't actually do one? They even had Aonuma tell everyone "No fuckers. We're not doing one. We're just releasing Skyward Sword and some handheld thingy with Zelda I, II, and Link's Awakening on it."

Always thought TP and WW were low tier Zelda games. For me the gamecube era was a bad time to be a Zelda fan specially coming from games like OOT/MM and the Oracle games. If they are going to remaster a Zelda game I would prefer the Oracle games specially since we had a 3D one last year and there hasn't been a 2D one in 5 years.

I really hope we don’t get WW HD. That game is primed for a, “complete” edition. Include the missing dungeons, perhaps improve some of the islands (we don’t need those reef islands) and call it a day. The game would benefit tremendously for it

Windwaker is generally viewed very favorably among fanbase; issues are usually superficial or not liking the sailing. Twilight Princess needs to be reimagined. It has so many pacing and gameplay issues throughout. They'd probably choose Ocarina for a reimagining though. Idk. Twilight would be the best for it though imo. Personally I think Windwaker also has the best traditional story of the franchise (Majora is #1 to me) and the Ganondorf with the most character and well established motives; probably the Zelda with the most character as well.

Last edited:
I vaguely remember playing both TP and WW but to me, they've always been games highly regarded compared to the Oracle games and others, so if they do get ported, it'd be nice to view them through the eyes of an adult since I think the last time I played either was way back as a child. It'd be nice for others to be before ports of them, but then again, it'd also be nice for them to finally be out in the world because these rumours that they've been done have been around for years at this point, although I'm very prepared to be clowned as I always am during a direct

NGL, I am going to be bummed if we don't get a 2D Zelda between now and the next new 3D Zelda game.
2D Zelda can be interchangeable with Warriors. I feel like, if they make a TOTK/Impriosining War game, there’s nothing more they can do with Hyrule Warriors, unless it’s an original game that’s not a series homage

This is a great game for someone who doesn't have a whole lot of time after school or work but wants a bit sized Zelda experience. Each level gives you a bit exploration, a bit of puzzle solving, a bit of combat. Great for the Zelda fan that only has 30 minutes to play.
While my post was in a jokey tone, this is unironically one of my favourite multiplayer experiences with any video game. Tri-Force Heroes was disappointing to me simply because it lacked the amount of chaos that came from FSA's balance between its cooperative and competitive nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom