• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
what do we think SE will have at the direct besides DQ HD2D? they usually have a few announcements in the june directs.
DQ, maybe Asano/Bravely, and hopefully a random other port or remaster like how Star Ocean 2nd Story came out of nowhere

what do we think SE will have at the direct besides DQ HD2D? they usually have a few announcements in the june directs.
Wouldn't be surprised if Life Is Strange Double Exposure turns up in a sizzle reel

Maybe a Bravely Default remaster/new Bravely Default double-announcement

wild shot in the dark, maybe part of their new direction involves actually agreeing to some NSO deals. Not the big stuff like numbered Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest games, but maybe some of the non-A List things Mischief Makers or FF Tactics could make its way over?

This thread is boring, let's spice it up. Technically furukawa never said that what type of direct they'll air in june, so maybe it's going to be another partner showcase?
Ever thought about that?
Honestly, I've been thinking about this since it was announced but I didn't want to say anything out of fear 😭😭😭

This thread is boring, let's spice it up. Technically furukawa never said that what type of direct they'll air in june, so maybe it's going to be another partner showcase?
Ever thought about that?
Don’t you bring that evil in here

Ever thought about that?
ePgR26b.png

I feel like "saving" a couple Wii U ports for Switch 2 would be kinda weird lol. Even if they don't release until after Switch 2 releases, they should release on Switch 1, assuming Switch 2 has backwards compatibility.
But there’s a handful of Wii U games not coming to Switch 1 exclusive like Xenoblade Chronicles X. Don’t you think Nintendo has conversations on what ports come now and what ports come later? Why do they need to release every single 3D Zelda game on Switch 1 exclusive is my question?

If all 3D Zeldas come now then what for Switch 2. Will all Nintendo fans cheer for re releases again of old 3D Zelda games on Switch 2? WWHD and TPHD can be cross gen. That’s fine! Lol

Ever thought about that?
You joke but the last couple ones were actually decent, I honestly wouldn’t really mind that

I'd like to see some SE titles shadow drop on NSO.

Chrono Trigger
Secret of Evermore
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
ActRaiser
SoulBlazer

EDIT: If they do show DQ HD2D, go ahead and throw all 4 NES games and translations of V/VI on NSO as well.

Last edited:
But there’s a handful of Wii U games not coming to Switch 1 exclusive like Xenoblade Chronicles X. Don’t you think Nintendo has conversations on what ports come now and what ports come later? Why do they need to release every single 3D Zelda game on Switch 1 exclusive is my question?

If all 3D Zeldas come now then what for Switch 2. Will all Nintendo fans cheer for re releases again of old 3D Zelda games on Switch 2? WWHD and TPHD can be cross gen. That’s fine! Lol
I just think making them Switch 2 exclusive would be weird. Crossgen would make more sense, although even then I'm not sure what a Switch 2 sku would offer in comparison to a Switch 1 version lol.

Frankly it’s really odd that aside from LiS they’ve had zero presence at any of the events so far. And by “zero presence” I mean nothing from the JP studios. No XVI ports at XBox or the PC Gaming show. No Unity back catalog dumps or Visions of Mana at XBox or Sony. Not even the OT wider releases. Just plain weird.

Anyways, I mostly expect one other Team Asano project, likely something Bravely related which they’ve hinted at.

I would also expect another SaGa remake likely Frontiers 2, although honestly they could probably hold that until TGS or the Partner Direct that usually precedes it and is JP focused.

We are probably due for a Front Mission 3 remake reveal from Forever, and those have been happening at Directs I think.

I give equal and low odds for FFT or FFIX finally surfacing after the Nvidia leak years back.

Also low odds would be the new Yoko Taro project but that really depends on the scope of it. Is it another small thing like Voice of Cards or another Nier title?

Extremely long shots: I would love to see non-cloud versions of the KH HD collections (I strongly doubt 3 can run on Switch without major compromises), a surprise Visions of Mana port, Nier Gestalt (or whatever that was after Automata) port, Chrono Trigger HD-2D, surprise Type-0 HD port for Switch (with restored MP), a new TWEWY project, surprise Dirge of Cerberus HD (with local/online play restored), sequels to Harvestella and Dungeon Encounters, or more Theatrhytm DLC. Or something entirely original.

I am saying even if Pikmin has a 100% beloved rate among its fanbase and Zelda only has 10%, Zelda has more goodwill overall. The total size of the fanbases isn't even comparable, BOTW alone has sold more than every Pikmin game put together times six.
At that point it's just a popularity contest between the two franchises and does that really matter? Obviously Zelda is bigger than Pikmin. And I like Pikmin a lot more than Zelda. Plus I feel like the bigger the series, you will naturally more find critics and naysayers on the internet. Need I say anything about Pokemon?

It definitely has more goodwill.
Yeah. BotW brought in a massive number of new fans seven years ago, little kids that had never touched a Zelda game and weren't alive pre-Skyward Sword. They're teenagers now that are eager to give any Zelda title a try if it's released on modern hardware. 'Open-world' isn't the only draw. All the Zelda games have a common thread of puzzle solving, exploration and tool-based combat. I remember folks asking for Link's Awakening HD in stores as 'the new Zelda'. Skyward Sword HD has exceeded its Wii lifetime sales. I personally expect Nintendo to milk each one of TP and WW individually. They're both excellent games with their unique individual draws that carry the Zelda core, and I would preferably want to see them 'remastered' a second time with 60 FPS. That would justify a full-priced release for me.

I think y'all are thinking about this in the wrong way,

Metroid Prime Remastered was $40, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is $60.

Other factors at play of course, but they simply know that some brands are stronger than others and will price things appropriately.

As much I'd buy Zelda remasters I'd much prefer another new title later this year with Nintendo having leant on Old Stuff so much so far. I'd take a new, non-Zelda title over Old Zelda at this stage because as it stands I won't be buying a new Nintendo game for the first time in... I genuinely don't know how many years? Or I'd love for EPD 8's 2D title to be part of the Switch swansong. 3 new games in 7 months and one of them is a NES compilation. I get it, it's the Slow Time ahead of the Shiny New Thing Time, but I hope the second half of the year has one or two new Nintendo titles that appeal to me.

HAL or Intelligent Systems having a new eShop title would be neat, too.

I’m hoping that whatever the potential Bravely thing that others have mentioned is a remaster of the first game or even the first two games. Loved those games.
Was not a fan of BD2 unfortunately :(

Someone also mentioned Yoko Taro which always gets my attention. I’m still holding out for a replicant port.

I have been kind of indifferent to Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD coming to Switch but I kind of like the idea of the Switch having modernized versions of all the essential single player Gamecube games (Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil, Pikmin 1 + 2, Mario Sunshine, Baten Kaitos and Thousand Year Door).

Also - being saved for Switch 2 doesn't make any sense to me. They are both nearly decade old ports of 18-21 year old games..

Last edited:

Who wants this on Switch 2 ?:sick:

No need this video, everybody know that WW(and other retro games) can have way better graphics with modern tech. The point is how much the cost is, is it worth? Does it better to put the effort in doing other stuff?

I feel bad for the creator when an Unreal Engine demo of x is posted. It ultimately just gets met with (literal or ironic) "Nintendo hire this man" posts. Yes the art-style looks off and I rarely ever like how it looks, it's usually lacking in cohesion even if individual assets look good, but it's effectively just that person creating a portfolio for themselves and exercising their skills with a series that they love. A real game has a full team of artists working on multiple passes with dozens of concept drawings to get the style right.

Just let the Switch die already
The year is 2026. Nintendo is currently airing their Summer Game Fest™ 2026 Digital Event. Everyone is watching their screens breathlessly as Shinya Takahashi appears to greet the viewers. "...but let's now move onto some Nintendo Switch headlines".

Everyone groans that Nintendo is wasting their precious direct time on the Nintendo Switch instead of the Nintendo Switcharoo. "No issue though", the viewers reassure themselves, "it's probably some stupid remasters nobody cares about". Then the next headline appears: "A GIANT game is coming to the Nintendo Switch Family of Systems!". The viewer is shocked as a Doshin the Giant remake is shown on screen.

Almost immediately, we see a new post pop-up on Famiboards. "Is the Nintendo Switch holding back the Nintendo Switcharoo?". The OP of the thread outlines their desire that every Switch owner should personally burn their console and stop ruining everything for Nintendo Switcharoo owners. While some folks agree, there are others who direct their anger towards Nintendo for their poor financial choices and what they perceive to be an insult against their fans: "How dare Nintendo do this to us Doshin the Giant fans, we've been waiting years!". This thread would go on to encompass over 15,000 posts before a mod locks it due to a countless number of reports.

Last edited:
I’m gonna be real. If we didn’t have a Direct confirmed, I would absolutely be in doomer mode saying that they’d be skipping this direct too, after they skipped February.

Ever since they started skipping out of June Directs 2 out of the past 4 years, I have been a lot less certain with them.

So what time do you all think the Direct will air at? Previous to September 2022, it was usually 2/3 PM PT or 5/6 PM ET but three of the most recent four have been at 10 AM ET. I'm assuming this will be another 10 AM show but...?

I need a Vagrant story where the graphics aren’t muddy. I don’t care if it’s FF8 remaster look just some upresed graphics would be nice
Conversely, I'm not sure where you'd even start remastering Vagrant Story. It's one of those games whose visual identities is so tied to its system. (If anything, I'd prefer PS1 graphics with updated systems and fewer block puzzles.)

Re: Zelda HD Remasters - I’m convinced they’ll be crossgen and utilited to satiate the need of frequent Zelda titles as the release year for Switch 2!Zelda comes around. I think the game will be out in 2028, so:
• 2025 - WW HD
• 2026 - TP HD or new Hyrule Warriors
• 2027 - Hyrule Warriors or TP HD
• 2028 - Switch 2 Zelda

P.S. I doubt were getting a graphical remake of Twilight Princess, and an Ocarina of Time remake. It’s wishful thinking that has penetrated the speculative discussion

NGL, I am going to be bummed if we don't get a 2D Zelda between now and the next new 3D Zelda game.

I'd take a new 2D Zelda over TPHD/WWHD ports, given I can replay those already if I really want to(just havent got around to it with my backlog).

I feel like they could be saving them for the Switch 2 though lol

TP is fantastic. WW is fantastic. Also I'm weird and I think every Zelda game is at a minimum 'very good', minus obvious exceptions like the CD-i titles. I feel like I belong nowhere.
I’m right there with you! It shouldn’t be weird to think they all are amazing at all.

Every 3D Zelda is 90+ reviews and has been called one of the best games ever at some point.

Sometimes it’s good to remember that when you’ve got hyperbolic fans nitpicking them and calling them “trash” lol. We’re still talking top tier games overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom