• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance has been rated in Korea, complete edition of the game with improvements and additional content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please please please be a patch + DLC for existing owners. I still haven't broken my copy out of shrinkwrap yet 😭
I wish, but we're talking about the same company that made customers buy a new PS5 copy of P5R if they wanted a 4K/60FPS version and they didn't even allow saves to transfer from the PS4 version.

Personally I was hoping we would have gotten an SMTIVA-style sequel rather then just some additional content.

Please please please be a patch + DLC for existing owners. I still haven't broken my copy out of shrinkwrap yet 😭
Sorry, friend. This is Atlus we're talking about.

Also SMT V had massive price cuts recently. They're not going to let people buy the game for $20 and then let them get a DLC update for $10 or whatever. They're charging full price for this thing.

Atlus' greed is coming back with a Vengeance.

I still have to buy SMTV, so I’ll definitely wait until this new version will come out. But honestly Atlus has to stop with this rerelases lol. They should do a dlc for the owner of the original game

I'm still super bummed it's not gonna be an Apocalypse-style sequel/side story. I can't imagine anything they could put in a remaster that would make me wanna go out and buy it for $60 again this soon after the original release. I guess at least it'll probably be $30 by Black Friday, like most Sega/Atlus games.

But I suppose the main reason for this existing is to function as a multi-plat release. Though I'm secretly hoping it's still exclusive (a la P5R 2019) just to spite all the Sony & PC trolls that were laughing at Nintendo fans for missing out on SH2, P3R, and Metaphor. Then maybe when Atlus gets around to porting those games to Switch/Switch 2 we can do a fair trade lol.

If it is a multi-plat, a Direct seems like the wrong venue for it. It's a much bigger deal to every other fanbase than Nintendo since most of us that cared about it played the original already in the last year or two. And to me as a Nintendo fan, it comes off as really lazy support from Atlus. "Oh, you want those games that skipped/are skipping Switch like SH2, P3R, or Metaphor? Nah, here's SMT V again for $60."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom