• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Post-Zelda, what's now your most anticipated game?

Hades 2 and Elden Ring DLC
I keep forgetting about the Elden Ring DLC but yeah, that's way up there for me. I'm probably going to use it as an excuse to replay the whole game, too. I would assume we'll see something about it during SGF or the Xbox show.

Definitely the next mainline Mario.
I honestly think we’ve probably moved past the phase of Odyssey 2 and we’re getting a completely new 3D Mario from the ground up (maybe it will repurpose Odyssey’s engine, who knows)

I hope it takes as much inspiration from the success of Bowser’s Fury and Zelda TOTK as possible. I love creative freedom in video games.

Phantom Liberty.
It's a DLC sure, but given CDPRs Track Record with DLC it might well be huge enough to be a new game.
I really really hope they flesh out a few of the existing characters here. Give me more if Misty or Viktor. Some more time with the Aldecaldos and Johnny. Maybe integrate some of the mods that open ip more interactions in the city (go for drinks with friends etc.)
After that it would be Metroid Prime 4. The Prime Remaster really reignited my hunger for that particular styleof Metroid game.

At this point the thing that excites me the most is finishing my backlog, unless a Xenoblade or Banjo project gets announced

Final Fantasy 16 is in one month. I've been playing the Pixel Remasters of 1-6 in the lead up and I'm at 6 now. I'm actually more excited for FF16 than I ever was for TotK.

After that I don't know. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, Eiyuden Chronicle, Forza, Stalker 2, something unannounced?

It's not my most hyped game, but I'm excited to see Kodaka finally make his big return with Rain Code. Also probably picking up Ghost Trick, love Takumi's writing and that's a big DS game I never got around to. Also grabbing Pikmin 4, Spider-Man, and Like a Dragon Gaiden when they release. Not to mention Resident Evil 4, which I still have yet to play despite it sitting on my shelf.

As I said earlier in the thread, my most hyped games are all 2024+ (also forgot about Dragon Quest XII, that's another big one) but man, 2023 is loaded.

Whatever the next Fire Emblem game is.

I don’t have much else I’m looking forward too. Baten Kaitos maybe? For revealed titles

It's not my most hyped game, but I'm excited to see Kodaka finally make his big return with Rain Code. Also probably picking up Ghost Trick, love Takumi's writing and that's a big DS game I never got around to. Also grabbing Pikmin 4, Spider-Man, and Like a Dragon Gaiden when they release. Not to mention Resident Evil 4, which I still have yet to play despite it sitting on my shelf.

As I said earlier in the thread, my most hyped games are all 2024+ (also forgot about Dragon Quest XII, that's another big one) but man, 2023 is loaded.
Whatever the next Fire Emblem game is.

I don’t have much else I’m looking forward too. Baten Kaitos maybe? For revealed titles
Baten Kaitos and Ghost Trick are great picks, more games that I nearly forgot about. This is a really loaded year

Like a Dragon 8
Deltarune chapter 3-5
Neptunia Gamemaker R:Evolution
We Love Katamari Reroll
Like a Dragon Gaiden

also in terms of "games that haven't been announced but you're really hoping for", a new Rhythm Heaven would definitely be up there!

Silksong for sure, I might replay Hollow Knight once I'm done with Totk.

Pikmin 4, loved the first three games.

Starfield, but not really excited because I will probably wait a few month after release before playing it based on the fact that Bethesda RPGs always need month to get enough patches to get rid of the major bugs.

Definitely Pikmin 4.

I love Pikmin 1-3 so much and can‘t wait for this next entry. There just some cool vibe and atmosphere in combination with clever gameplay, that only Pikmin nails.

Pikmin 4 with an officially confirmed release date

TimeSplitters knowing a new entry is being made but nothing known beyond the official announcement from May 2021

Paper Mario TTYD and Halo on Switch based on rumours

i569plz00p091.jpg

free radical design website changed background and its similar to the leak art work
👀

I'll pick up Pikmin 4 at some point but the next game I'm really looking forward to is Starfield.

Looking forward to Baten Kaitos remakes. Hope Bandai Namco doesn't fuck them up.

Splatoon 3 story DLC. My expectations are sky-high after Octo Expansion.

Also excited to learn more about Starfield, not fully sold yet.

I'm looking forward to the Harvest Moon it's a Wonderful Life remake, that I think comes out in July. After that it's the new story DLC for Sonic Frontiers.

I’m on a crazy Zelda kick this year. I played LTTP randomized earlier this year. Then I got impatient waiting for TOTK and ended up playing 70 hours of BOTW. Then I forced myself to stop playing that so I could have a break before TOTK and ended up playing A Link Between Worlds literally right up until I was standing in line for TOTK. I’m still playing TOTK (90 hours) and I picked up Skyward Sword HD yesterday.

The next batch of DeltaRune
Dragon Quest 12
New Dragon Quest Monsters
Hytale
2D Mario
3D Mario
Path of Exile 2 (ish)

But most of all... New Banjo if it's really real

Final Fantasy 16, for sure. Did pick up Street Fighter 6 but can’t put Zelda down long enough to play it lol

Back
Top Bottom