• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Post-Zelda, what's now your most anticipated game?

touchfuzzy

Like Like
I know for many of us, myself included, Tears of the Kingdom was sitting comfortably atop our most anticipated games list. Now that it's out and we're all spending the next number of weeks / months / years obsessed with it, what's your next most anticipated? And if Zelda wasn't at the top of your list, what was (and still is) up there that you're excited for?

It's an easy call for me, Zelda is my favorite franchise but Final Fantasy isn't too far behind, so obviously Final Fantasy XVI in just a few short weeks away jumps to the top of the list. I just hope I will have had my fill of Zelda by then, this game is so massive and now I'm back to having to work after the days off I took to start playing it!

Post FFXVI, things get a little hazier. Sea of Stars is a big one for me in the late summer. Then there's Silksong, but that's tough to get excited for with the near-radio silence on release date. And also Metroid Prime 4, which is tough to get excited for with the total radio silence on everything.

Changes with what's allowed, the "some rumors" is most overall but I don't wanna say something that very well could not exist

Officially confirmed: Deltarune Chapter 3-5
All but confirmed: Next 3d Mario
Some rumors: Banjo Kazooie project (NateDrake, MVG)

Honestly, I'm kind of looking forward to the next system more than a particular game. But probably MP4 if I had to pick. Enjoying TotK too much to think about it too long though.

Nothing really, unless the DK rumor is true.

Inevitably 3D Mario but that could still be a year+ away.

Tears of the Kingdom's followup.

Also Silksong.

Probably using my 2nd voucher on Pikmin 4. Though I'm sure by then (or shortly after) there will be other first party games that will tempt me. May just have to buy another pair in that case.
Will definitely give Starfield a shot on GamePass.
If my PC could run D4 then I would have included that too.

Like a Dragon 8 when strictly considering what I think will be the best, but I just can’t wait to see what a modern Professor Layton looks like.

Metroid Prime 4 and Pikmin 4. D4 because Diablo is my “default game to play while waiting for other games.” FFXVI as well I guess but that’s more like cautious optimism than hype.

Pikmin 4 almost by default since it's the only other Nintendo game that's dated, though I am genuinely excited for it. What I really want though are the next mainline Mario and Donkey Kong games.

Silksong probably, though who knows when that'll be out

Pikmin 4 for games with set release dates

Fantasy Life i! Wasted 150 hours on the 3DS prequel and I'm ready to give another 150 to the upcoming sequel!

DECAPOLICE and Rain Code comes after that.

Metroid-Prime-4.jpg

FF16 next and then Baldur's Gate 3. The FF16 demo should drop June 8th. I had thought I could have TOTK almost complete by then but based on how big this game seems I'll be cutting it close.

I am going to be eating so good for months with this game. Looking forward to its inevitable DLC.

As far as what is currently confirmed, Pikmin 4 (that's pretty much it on the Nintendo front)

When it comes to rumored games.... really hopeful that we see DK this year.

Oh also fun little shout out to the game I've been following for 8 years now that, despite everything looking slow as molasses on a project they insist will be free and leaks implying dev communication is weirdly segregated and just overall plenty of reason to sacrifice the normal "give them time" philosophy and actually feel it's never coming... I still can't fully move on from

But it's like 95% never coming out
maxresdefault.jpg

Honestly, for the longest time, nothing. Sure I'll play Pikmin 4 with my leftover voucher, but I have never been too into the franchise, mainly due to the short length of the games. Silksong is exciting yet who knows if it's ever even coming out.

Pikmin 4 with an officially confirmed release date

TimeSplitters knowing a new entry is being made but nothing known beyond the official announcement from May 2021

Paper Mario TTYD and Halo on Switch based on rumours

I was more excited for Final Fantasy XVI and the Atelier Marie Remake than Tears of the Kingdom, so still those 2, more so XVI, is everything of what my brain could envision out of a Final Fantasy game. Pikmin 4 would be an easy choice but the Pikmin 2 stuff in it makes me a bit more cautious about it. There is also Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew, most likely another banger from Mimimi.

I don't even know. The next Zelda? TOTK DLC?

Of games that have actually been announced, probably Metroid Prime 4, then Super Mega Baseball 4.

Tbh I don't know. I'm not really hyped for anything right now. I'm just casually interested in stuff like Oxenfree 2 and Starfield.

Easily Pikmin 4. I was incredibly hyped for TotK, but my hype for Pikmin is even higher. Beyond that, the rumored DK project.

Metroid Prime 4. Tbh I think I'm more hyped for that even than I was for TotK since it's been announced 2 years earlier, we saw nothing from it yet, and I got much more into Metroid since then. I can't wait to see it and I can't wait to play it!

Granblue Fantasy Relink, Stellar Blade and Monolith Soft's action game.
Monolith Soft action game. We don’t even know if it exists.
Why are people still skeptical about the action game when we know it's in production?

Metroid Prime 4 without question.

But for a game with an actual release date/window, Baldur's Gate 3.

I'm generally unable to feel excitement for games before I've seen at least a glimpse of them, so Prime 4 is practically nonexistent in my mind for the time being. Pikmin 4 seems sweet, but I don't feel much excitement, just a general curiosity.

Maybe I'm just too satisfied atm with TotK?

Show me a few frames from a new 3D Mario, a new DK, 2D Metroid or something from Monolith though and I'll be all fired up again

Pikmin 4
Splatoon 3: Side Order
Sea of Stars
She Dreams Elsewhere
Old Skies
TotK DLC
Songs of Conquest
Mina the Hollower
Hades II
Prime 4

Last edited:
Starfield, but also AC6. They release within less than two weeks of each other, and it's kind of a toss-up.

The ones that are closest to release: Baten kaitos remaster and Starfield.

In the (hopefully) near future: Silksong and Hades 2

What I really, really care about the most? Next Xeno game.

Nintendo First Party: Prime 4

Third Party: Reverie and Raincode.

We will see after summer what games get announced.

Spider-Man 2. That’s kind of it really. I may try out Street Fighter 6, but I’m kind of done with Switch after TotK unless they announce something crazy. For me the only thing left is Splatoon 3 Side Order and the Pokémon SV DLC. Prime 4 also exists but I haven’t played 2 or 3 and thought Remastered was only pretty good. So I can’t get hyped for 4 until I see it.

I really hope Nintendo announces something in June. If we’re not getting a new Switch until April at the absolute earliest, I don’t want the system to go out with no major games for almost a year.

I'm just ready for Switch 2.

Happy to do backlog and pick up older games I missed if the calendar stays bare

Back
Top Bottom