• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Post-Zelda, what's now your most anticipated game?

Once May is over Pikmin 4 is the big one, my favourite Nintendo series of them all.

Outside of that, Oxenfree II and Minneko's Night Market are definitely two I'm really looking forward to that have a release date, and for games that don't it's probably The Plucky Squire and Hades II

I am looking forward to have some new speculation on all franchises when the successor comes out for the Switch otherwise a new Monster Hunter-title, any kind of Xenoblade or Fire Emblem is welcome as well.

That said Baten Kaitos en the rumoured Gamecube remasters are intriguing for me as well.

Silksong
FFVII Rebirth
Metroid Prime 4

If/when a new 3D Mario gets announced, go ahead and add that to the list as well

The next Zelda to see if they are going to achieve the fusion between the BOTW/TOTK formula and the Ocarina of Time formula with big enigmatic dungeon

Between Silksong and Stormgate for me.
I think.

Because it's hard, 2023 keeps on giving and might be my favorite year of gaming all time when all is said and done

I feel like a post-TotK world will be like this for me for quite some time:

giphy.gif

I don't really think of things that way, my most anticipated is usually whatever is coming next. I ignore super far out stuff and don't think much about it.

So for example as I am playing Dinkum now, Diablo 4 is the next most anticipated. I haven't looked at the release chart in a bit, not too much reason as I was playing a bunch of Atelier recently.

Edit: A Wonderful Life remake would be the thing after Diablo 4 I suppose. I may pick up TOTK at some point but that is unlikely.

I say after Diablo 4 but I may end up putting hundreds or thousands of hours into that this year.

Last edited:
Switch-specific? 3D Mario, or Prime 4. Other consoles? Spider-Man 2 and Death Stranding 2. I'd be a happy man if they're both at the showcase next week.

In the long term probably DQXII and whatever Monolith is working on now. But I'm looking forward to Pikmin 4 and Spider-Man 2 for the remainder of the year, and I have an eye on FFXVI but it might not be day 1 for me.

I'm pretty busy with TotK though so I'm probably going to slow down a bit and enjoy my backlog. I still want to finish Octopath 2 when I'm done with Zelda.

Looking forward to Baten Kaitos remaster. Then we start sailing unknown waters. My next big expectations would be the next Monolithsoft project (Xenoblade 4 or not) and 3D Mario, but i guess they'll both be next gen.

Last edited:
I know for many of us, myself included, Tears of the Kingdom was sitting comfortably atop our most anticipated games list. Now that it's out and we're all spending the next number of weeks / months / years obsessed with it, what's your next most anticipated? And if Zelda wasn't at the top of your list, what was (and still is) up there that you're excited for?

It's an easy call for me, Zelda is my favorite franchise but Final Fantasy isn't too far behind, so obviously Final Fantasy XVI in just a few short weeks away jumps to the top of the list. I just hope I will have had my fill of Zelda by then, this game is so massive and now I'm back to having to work after the days off I took to start playing it!

Post FFXVI, things get a little hazier. Sea of Stars is a big one for me in the late summer. Then there's Silksong, but that's tough to get excited for with the near-radio silence on release date. And also Metroid Prime 4, which is tough to get excited for with the total radio silence on everything.
Starfield. I am finally going to buy a new console just to play that game.

That's a toughie.

Right now, among announced wares, I think Armored Core 6 probably has the edge. I've been waiting on that sucker for a long time. And that's saying a lot, considering the likes of Metroid Prime 4, Rise of Ronin, Dragon's Dogma and Dragon Quest XII are waiting in the wings, too.

But anything can change, perhaps as soon as next week!

All I'd need is a new Onimusha, Ace Combat, Mega Man and/or Castlevania to get shown off at Sony's show, and all bets would be off!

I'm expecting TotK, OT2 & P5R to keep me busy for the rest of the year. The next big release I'm really curious about is the second part of the FF7 remake, although I don't have a PS5. I could maybe see a pipe dream reality where I get a PS5 eventually. The great-looking games are starting to pile up.

I also have an Analogue Pocket on the way sometime later this year (?) so I will be looking forward to everything I can do with that too!

Easily Hades 2 but Pikmin 4 and Deltarune Chapter 3 are up there

Although, for now, I'm just gonna be focused on TotK because, wow, am I just constantly floored

Currently, I only have Crash Team Rumble to look forward; just hoping it will gonna hook me like Nitro-Fueled did with its online events;

After that... uuh.. I guess I'll buy Street Fighter 6 eventually, but certainly I have no rush to be there at launch; not particularly excited about the direction of the game, but I'll get it because I'm a sucker.

And I suppose there's just the hypothetical Donkey Kong game .. which I'm hoping is this year, for fuck's sake..

It's technically still TotK because I haven't been able to play it yet. But after that, it's definitely Dragon Quest XII. I know people groaned over the idea of a "dark/edgier" DQ, I wasn't too receptive when I first heard it, but after thinking about it for a while, I can't see them straying that far from the series' usual identity especially if Toryama's still doing the art. But really, I'm incredibly curious and mostly optimistic about a new direction and the focus on choices. This could be an ambitious one.

Diablo IV was my most anticipated game of the year before TotK, but it would be the other way round if I knew how great Zelda would turn out.

But yeah, look forward to sinking 1000+ hours in D4 this year.

For me it's honestly the fan translation of Sakura Wars 2.

I'm also quite excited for some great early access games to get full releases like Rhythm Doctor and 30XX.

I would say Kingdom Hearts 4, but that game feels so early that I'm not really anticipating it actively.

My backlog is huuuge. Switch alone will keep me busy for another 3 years or so...

And new games keep on coming

DLC of the Kingdom
Metroid Prime 4
Pikmin 4
Hollow Knight Silksong
The game that must not be mentioned

And if it's true that there will be a lot of ports on the horizon like Kud Ikarus Uprising, F- Zero GX, etc, than the backlog keeps on growing.

Last edited:
Post FFXVI, things get a little hazier. Sea of Stars is a big one for me in the late summer. Then there's Silksong, but that's tough to get excited for with the near-radio silence on release date. And also Metroid Prime 4, which is tough to get excited for with the total radio silence on everything.
The demo of Sea of Stars kinda did a complete reverse thing to me. In the demo, the ennemies hurt quite a lot and I often had to go back to a save point to heal.

The game is gorgeous but I hope they'll tweak things a bit here and there.

My most anticipated release ? Hm...
Nothing at the moment. Everything Yoshi-P said about FF XVI made sure I wouldn't touch the game (plus it's a PS exclusive and I don't have a PS5 yet).

I know there's lots of rumored games here and there but I need something official to get some hype. The only one I can see is Metroid Prime 4 because of the Remaster of 1, but I'd love to see this friggin' game.

It still is my most anticipated game (the Switch 2 version I dream of) but otherwise, Metroid Prime 4, way ahead of anything else.

Non Nintendo : Yakuza 8 will be amazing.

I've got some ones I'm generally looking forward to (Pikmin, MP4, etc.) and a lot of indies I wanna catch up on, but my next Big One is the next FF14 expansion, which presumably is about 8-12 months away. Very excited to see what FF16 is like; I can imagine really liking it but I do hope someday they pull a FF9 and do another high fantasy turn based entry.

Back
Top Bottom