• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Post-Zelda, what's now your most anticipated game?

Silksong for sure.

Hades 2 and Pikmin 4 are up there too. Prime 4 will likely be up there as well when we finally get an update on it.

Nothing?

Like, I know I will be super excited for Final Fantasy 16, Last of Us: Factions, and Metroid Prime 4 at some point.

But at the moment all I can think about is finding more time to play Tears of the Kingdom.

That's a fantastic question, I honestly can't think of anything. The Switch calendar is empty after Pikmin so theoretically an unannounced Donkey Kong game hopefully? Non-Switch, definitely Armored Core.

My current top five most anticipated:

Dragon Quest III 2DHD
Mina the Hollower
Ys X
Eiyuden Chronicle
Professor Layton & the New World of Steam

It was never my most anticipated game; up until its release in April, that went to Advance Wars. Post Advance Wars, it's now... Pikmin 4, I guess.

The Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life remake.

Other than that, the usuals I suppose.

Whatever the next “canon” Xeno game is, whatever the next Persona is, maybe Pokémon will continue to find greatness as they refine their open world development.

Trails (Kiseki) is blazin’ along as well.

Really, really fascinated for whatever Animal Crossing looks like in the future. Would almost be more hyped for a remake of an older AC. They never really do that though so I would love a previous entry on the Switch online service.

This year it’s probably either Starfield, Pikmin 4, or Spider-Man 2.

If we are counting unannounced games, it’s gotta be the next 3D Mario that’s my most anticipated.

Hades II - I didn't play the original until it came out of early access. This time I want to get in on the ground floor.

Metroid 6 - I'm excited for Prime 4, but the 2D games are my first love.

Spellbound - Rumored to be FromSoftware's magic focused Soulsborne.

Last edited:
Pikmin 4 is my obvious choice. Sea of Stars is my backup, still-fairly-obvious choice.

Metal Slug Tactics is my real choice.

It was FFXVI before Zelda, and it’s still FFXVI after Zelda. It’s my most anticipated game of the year by far. After that it’ll be Starfield.

Haunted Chocolatier, next SaGa, next Persona (or Q or Strikers or remake), next Fire Emblem (or remake). I wouldn't say no to more SMT spinoffs but I heard Soul Hackers 2 wasn't great and haven't got to it yet.

Honestly though, my most anticipated thing is going through my backlog, and visiting games and franchises I've never tried before but think I'll love. I have a lot of Yakuza still to get through, I want to try Ys, and I'm going to try and get started with Trails somehow.

Pikmin 4

Lego 2k drive and Street Fighter 6 too but not day and date, too much to catch up on

Last edited:
My hype levels for games fluctuates a good bit, but leading up to launch I’d say both Final Fantasy XVI and Trails Into Reverie were regularly ahead of Zelda for my most anticipated game. Zelda had a few things going against it, most prominently the reused map which has proven a sticking point for me (I’m very much working through my feelings here still, good and bad to be had here). But yeah for this thread, FFXVI is on top right now. Really excited to explore a brand new world and I’m very excited for the Devil May Cry-like combat. Trails Into Reverie is like a supreme cozy comfort game. I’m so excited to have one more adventure with a ton of characters I love and have one last ride with the classic battle system.

Pikmin 4. Still got Jedi order to play as well as I didn’t want to have to rush it before Zelda. Also I’m hoping that Arkane might not only fix bugs and performance but drop a big content update that can salvage redfall.

As of right now Silksong, Hades 2, or the new Layton.

Prime 4 and Like a Dragon 8 will probably be with them once more concrete info for them starts coming out.

FFXVI, and then I’m not sure. Someone will find something to excite me.

Oh right, Diablo IV

Diablo 4 and maybe Starfield after its showcase. I am not a mech guy but I am also strangely warming up to Armored Core and I did like the mech building in XBX.

But yea Diablo right now until Starfield and Armored Core show me more.

Honestly though, my most anticipated thing is going through my backlog, and visiting games and franchises I've never tried before but think I'll love.
Yeah same. Before TOTK I was working on my backlog, particularly my Metroid backlog and really enjoying myself. Hope to do more of that this year. A lot of my favorite games I discovered years after the fact.

Quite a lot of things, but nothing is on the level of a "New Zelda", a lot of smaller hype levels for me. Probably Silksong is top of the list, along with things like Starfield and FF16, but there's a lot. Really looking forward to June announcement season, too.

Final Fantasy 16 of course.

100513eab97cbd3214dacb103801c1e7.jpg

Street Fighter 6 is the only thing I'm genuinely looking forward to. I'll get Pikmin 4 and Rain Code when they come out though.

Pikmin 4 and Prime 4, easily. I'm a huge FF fan, but I'm cautious about XVI, there is something about the game which makes me unable to be super excited as I always have been with the series, but I hope I will be wrong, I will be there day one no mather what, just not very excited.

Also maybe Spider-Man 2 and silksong. But excited like I was with TotK probably just prime and pikmin.

Regarding the BK project some you posted about, I LOVE banjo and I can't wait to have Tooie on switch, but I don't know if I can be enthusiastic about that supposed project. A new entry won't ever be able to live up to the first two games, and remasters a la crash/spyro would be welcome but unnecessary to me, kazooie and Tooie in HD are already glorious.

From stuff that's announced? Probably Pikmin 4 since it's near. I'm sure I'll enjoy Spider-Man 2 as well when I finally get a PS5

From stuff that's not announced? Honestly, after the teases in Future Redeemed, whatever's next for Monolith Soft

What is this... "post" "Zelda", you speak of?
Seriously, I’m going to be devouring this game for most of the year.

I am really looking forward to a few games, though:

Metroid Prime 4
Mina The Hollower
Pikmin 4
Sea of Stars
Hollow Knight: Silksong

Pikmin 4, hasn't changed since the Switch released.

Starfield, probably.

Zero interest in the likes of Spider-Man 2 or XVI (I bought all their previous games) unless their critical reactions are significantly higher than previous games.

Back
Top Bottom