• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Pokemon Legends Arceus Pre-Release Discussion and Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you link me the post please ? I'm sure it's fake but I have time to kill.
I think the post is long since lost, but here's the image with other info. I found it on that pokeleaks subreddit.
rwl96xolvb281.png

I'd be surprised if it happens before the new year
Yes, same.

I think we definitely get at least a new trailer before the end of the year, but as for a full direct presentation, early January would be the best bet if it even happens

I wonder if TPC will prefer to market PLA as early as possible at the cost of overshadowing BDSP. Seems like there's too much of PLA not yet shown (quest structure, main lore, Home integration, multiplayer elements, etc.) and it's better being delivered in a full fat Pokemon Present video.

I wonder if TPC will prefer to market PLA as early as possible at the cost of overshadowing BDSP. Seems like there's too much of PLA not yet shown (quest structure, main lore, Home integration, multiplayer elements, etc.) and it's better being delivered in a full fat Pokemon Present video.
They chose a two month gap and with the holidays in the middle. They don't have a lot of room to move.

And the only multiplayer is trading so far

The January spot was always a mystery for me. Don't know why they didn't move it to March to let the two games breath.

Quoted by: N75
The January spot was always a mystery for me. Don't know why they didn't move it to March to let the two games breath.
Pokemon games are ridiculously frontloaded, especially remakes. BDSP will have had the majority of its sales by the end of the year.

I’m also still susbcribing to my theory that BDSP was originally supposed to release in September to coincide with the 15th anniversary in Japan.

With the update to the playlist yesterday I was curious, so I checked archive.org's saved page from Oct. 12, at which point it had 24 videos and 1 unavailable, hidden video. Since Oct. 12, 7 videos have been added to the playlist to bring it up to 31 videos with 1 being an unavailable, hidden video. Not sure if that hidden video means anything besides there possibly having been a private video left in there for a while now. Not sure what about the playlist would've been updated yesterday, though... Anyone know if the "Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are available NOW!" video was already in there?

Here's a link to the archive if you're curious, didn't want to post the image because I think it's forced to light mode and it's a bit blinding after using dark mode for everything.

With the update to the playlist yesterday I was curious, so I checked archive.org's saved page from Oct. 12, at which point it had 24 videos and 1 unavailable, hidden video. Since Oct. 12, 7 videos have been added to the playlist to bring it up to 31 videos with 1 being an unavailable, hidden video. Not sure if that hidden video means anything besides there possibly having been a private video left in there for a while now. Not sure what about the playlist would've been updated yesterday, though... Anyone know if the "Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl are available NOW!" video was already in there?

Here's a link to the archive if you're curious, didn't want to post the image because I think it's forced to light mode and it's a bit blinding after using dark mode for everything.
The video was already there before yesterday so if its not related to the hidden video no idea why it was updated yesterday.

How do y'all feel about no voice overs? And as a result the game probably not being very narrative driven?
Generally, I think they need voice acting in the Pokémon games.
Although, if this game is not very narrative driven, but still fun to play for longer sessions - I guess it's ~fine~ (one last time)

How do y'all feel about no voice overs? And as a result the game probably not being very narrative driven?
They absolutely need them if they're gonna put shit like the Sword Shield intro in or Piers's introduction.

The choice to not have voices acting means you have to design your cutscenes around the lack of it. And pantomiming gets exponentially harder the more you have to say

Im conflicted about VA for Pokémon. On one hand, it could help fleshing out the cutscenes and improve the overall presentation.

On the other hand, the extremely friendly shows-up-and-interrupt-all-the-time annoying rival would now have a voice.

They absolutely need them if they're gonna put shit like the Sword Shield intro in or Piers's introduction.

The choice to not have voices acting means you have to design your cutscenes around the lack of it. And pantomiming gets exponentially harder the more you have to say

That's my fear as well. What will the set pieces looks like? We gonna get Sword and Shield tier or will we get some actual set pieces?

This is spot on, how is this dead wrong?
I assume the addition of an opening and closing movie and all of the post game content is pretty significant and not mentioned

Also I think the hope of a trailer this week is dead, tomorrow is the next pokemon evolutions episode, I doubt they would release a trailer the same day

I assume the addition of an opening and closing movie and all of the post game content is pretty significant and not mentioned

Also I think the hope of a trailer this week is dead, tomorrow is the next pokemon evolutions episode, I doubt they would release a trailer the same day
It was pretty clear they were referring to all the super unrealistic expectations of what would be added, like a full battle frontier, additional areas, better graphics, etc. not the clearly obvious day one patch updates like replacing the demo music and adding the intro movie

It was pretty clear they were referring to all the super unrealistic expectations of what would be added, like a full battle frontier, additional areas, better graphics, etc. not the clearly obvious day one patch updates like replacing the demo music and adding the intro movie
yeah fair enough, I think he's legit with some of his claims but not with others personally, but this particular statement doesn't have anything wrong with it, just trying to explain why people would have thought that this claim wasn't legit

I would assume a trailer is imminent.

They could also wait for the very first week of January and have a big blowout, we'll see.

That's my fear as well. What will the set pieces looks like? We gonna get Sword and Shield tier or will we get some actual set pieces?
SS was probably suffered from a poor dev cycle. hopefully they gotten better with HD development since

Im conflicted about VA for Pokémon. On one hand, it could help fleshing out the cutscenes and improve the overall presentation.

On the other hand, the extremely friendly shows-up-and-interrupt-all-the-time annoying rival would now have a voice.
not everything has to be voiced

This is spot on, how is this dead wrong?

This is extremely wrong. The update added a ton of stuff that answered most of the complaints of the 1.0 release, which is what he was replying to. The proper remixed soundtrack, the post-game, the numerous glitched events, the opening and endings cinematics...

He was simply dead ass wrong.

This is extremely wrong. The update added a ton of stuff that answered most of the complaints of the 1.0 release, which is what he was replying to. The proper remixed soundtrack, the post-game, the numerous glitched events, the opening and endings cinematics...

He was simply dead ass wrong.

I completely disagree that that's what he was referring to. But that's okay.

Also, it didn't add the postgame. It unlocked the postgame. This was never in question if it was going to happen with the day 1 patch.

And the numerous glitched events... well, that's what he's referring to in the tweet, isn't it?

I completely disagree that that's what he was referring to. But that's okay.

Also, it didn't add the postgame. It unlocked the postgame. This was never in question if it was going to happen with the day 1 patch.

And the numerous glitched events... well, that's what he's referring to in the tweet, isn't it?

I mean, I saw the conversation going live. It's not what he meant lol.

Doesn't even have to be full voice acting, but characters need something at this point. Things like Piers' singing in Sw/Sh shouldn't be happening. And especially with at least Legends having characters' mouths move every time they speak, I think they should at least make some grunts or some vocalization. Just feels extremely weird to see characters' mouths moving but not a single sound coming out.

Doesn't even have to be full voice acting, but characters need something at this point. Things like Piers' singing in Sw/Sh shouldn't be happening. And especially with at least Legends having characters' mouths move every time they speak, I think they should at least make some grunts or some vocalization. Just feels extremely weird to see characters' mouths moving but not a single sound coming out.
we have actually heard grunts from the protags so I wouldn't be surprised at limited VO in general

we have actually heard grunts from the protags so I wouldn't be surprised at limited VO in general
Fingers crossed! I was thinking that we had already seen sections without any VO, but maybe it was excluded for the trailers' music.

Fingers crossed! I was thinking that we had already seen sections without any VO, but maybe it was excluded for the trailers' music.
I think it was faint, you had to listen over the music, but it was definitely audible, particularly from the trick shot catch sequence and when the protag was knocked down

I think it was faint, you had to listen over the music, but it was definitely audible, particularly from the trick shot catch sequence and when the protag was knocked down
Right, I meant more of the NPCs - I did know about the protagonist grunts, which gave me a bit of hope, but not hearing anything besides the typical button clicks for the NPCs gave me a bit of pause.

Right, I meant more of the NPCs - I did know about the protagonist grunts, which gave me a bit of hope, but not hearing anything besides the typical button clicks for the NPCs gave me a bit of pause.
yeah true enough, but I really just think we need to see more gameplay to be sure either way. We had BDSP previews a month before release right? So we should get PLA previews towards the end of the month

controller lookin fresh

If I didn't have a Split Pad Pro already I'd probably grab that one. Looks a bit over the top, but I like it. I'll probably grab the traveling case though, the one I got with my launch Switch is starting to show its age.

If I didn't have a Split Pad Pro already I'd probably grab that one. Looks a bit over the top, but I like it. I'll probably grab the traveling case though, the one I got with my launch Switch is starting to show its age.
I never have had a split pad pro before. This one does seem neat though.

We've had friday trailers for this game before, surely today. Gotta huff that copium one last time this week

I'm expecting some new information on this game, especially new Pokemon or variations of old Pokemon, this month, but I am not so sure that it would be so soon. It would be interesting to see what the mysterious rock-climbing Pokemon is.

Thank you for reading.

Currently 8 hours into Shining Pearl and it’s somehow making me more excited for Legends Arceus. I was worried that playing Shining Pearl and soon Legends Arceus back to back would dull Pokemon for me, but nope! I’m anxiously awaiting more Legends info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom