• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Pokemon Legends Arceus Pre-Release Discussion and Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict two new Pokémon reveals before the launch, one next month, one early January.

And I also predict at least 30 new evolutions of old pokémon and 20 Hisuian forms in the full game. Gen 9 games better have all the Pokémon models including these day one.
I expect less than that, maybe 20 new designs total. Also don’t expect everything to be in Gen 9

They will finally reveal the climbing Pokémon is Tentomon:

images

images

I still expect all the new pokemon to be in Sword and Shield
I think it'll definitely happen when home compatibility arrives for BDSP and PLA. They would probably want to keep VGC fresh with new mons, since VGC has never stayed on one game for so long

Who cares about the new pokemon, what does Cynthia's great great great grandparent look like?
If your starting organization ends up evil or with some evil elements, then I'd bet several Pokebucks that Cynthia's ancestor will be a recurring rival who continually tries to stop you

If there's only 200 pokemons a la SMTV I won't complain, I want them to live and evolve logically in their habitat. Maybe smaller movesets for better animations.
I just want GF to try something really different from other mainline games and I want it to pay off.

This is one of my most anticipated games of next year. Feels really good to be excited for a Pokemon game again!

Considering models in Legends are different than SWSH I doubt they would either have a discrepancy or go back and downgrade them to fit. Also, if new mons is a selling point you don’t want to lose it just to give them to an old game

We should get a new trailer next week?
Next week seems most likely imo. They'd probably want to start up marketing for this again in early December now that they've given BDSP some room to breathe, especially since there is a lot more new stuff to show off with this game.
Considering models in Legends are different than SWSH I doubt they would either have a discrepancy or go back and downgrade them to fit. Also, if new mons is a selling point you don’t want to lose it just to give them to an old game
Are the models fully different? I know we've seen some a lot of new animation and some improvements on the models like moving mouths, but I thought they were the same base?

Are the models fully different? I know we've seen some a lot of new animation and some improvements on the models like moving mouths, but I thought they were the same base?
Wurmple has a new model, has a horn on the back of its head now. I don't think the remakes has this model

wurmple-pokemon-form-1279789.jpeg

Wurmple has a new model, has a horn on the back of its head now. I don't think the remakes has this model

wurmple-pokemon-form-1279789.jpeg
yeah fair point, but I don't think they are so different that they can't be imported into SWSH if necessary for the new forms/mons

yeah fair point, but I don't think they are so different that they can't be imported into SWSH if necessary for the new forms/mons
good news! Wurmple isn't in SS! none of the Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra pokemon were in the base version either, so there's no problem

Next week seems most likely imo. They'd probably want to start up marketing for this again in early December now that they've given BDSP some room to breathe, especially since there is a lot more new stuff to show off with this game.

They all have actual eyes and mouths, the base is probably the same but I still don’t think it would be worth the effort to add them to an old game

Gonna link my post on the riddler hints from era here, some interesting and potentially questionable stuff, but the guy is at least somewhat reliable, though I have my doubts that he has actually played the game.

I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being boring or too tedious for some looking at those quests we’ve seen so far.

Hoping for a new big overview trailer before Christmas. The game is already coming in 2 months.
I feel like a trailer next week is almost certain they just needed November to give BDSP time to breathe

They all have actual eyes and mouths, the base is probably the same but I still don’t think it would be worth the effort to add them to an old game
legends-specific models definitely won't make it over. they'd just use the old models until Gen 9, I think

I actually do, all the negative feedback they got with Sword and Shield should taught them a lesson. There will be nothing left to prevent them to hit 30m if they do.
It's unlikely that Gen 9 will outsell SwSh that dramatically (or, to be honest, at all). It's especially unlikely that it would happen purely because of the number of new mons in Legends and their appearance (or lack thereof) in the new games

Gonna link my post on the riddler hints from era here, some interesting and potentially questionable stuff, but the guy is at least somewhat reliable, though I have my doubts that he has actually played the game.

Legit wondering why is this guy still taken seriously when he was caught dead wrong on many things BDSP related.

Legit wondering why is this guy still taken seriously when he was caught dead wrong on many things BDSP related.
He actually got a lot of shit right about BDSP(the diglett thing for example), you might be thinking of one of the other "leakers" there are a lot of them

No no, I'm thinking about him. Specifically posts like this:

Oh yeah, fair point then, but he does I believe have some legit info from the Chinese riddler.(I believe they have contact through weibo)

I wouldn't buy anything outside of riddles though from him

615214_3e11c50e027044cea0e52f4d7f6944d6~mv2.jpg

Just found this on the PLA website. Is this ore, and if so, is armor in the game? That would be really cool.

The Pokemon Legends Asia Playlist has updated with a new hidden video. Could we be getting a new trailer this week?
If you check with a VPN set to Singapore (maybe other countries, but that's the one that worked for me), you can see that it's just the original announcement trailer. Not really sure why it's hidden in some regions, though.
V6Hbccu.png

The “NEWS” trailers for BDSP (what they’re called in Japan) were released on a Tuesday, so seeing something today wouldn’t be suprising.

Btw the pokemon channel Playlist for pokemon news not only has a private video, but it was updated today, so potential news imminent

I think we are getting a trailer tomorrow because that is the same time the new season of Pokemon GO launches. It makes sense, mainly because that is when they will want to have all eyes on the game.

tdtzya5k3p281.png

This playlist being updated today makes me think its possible or likely for a PLA trailer this week, and the GO thing certainly helps

Apparently a direct type of a thing could be coming in 1-2 weeks from now. 4chan rumor/leak, so grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom