• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Pokémon Legends Z-A announced for Nintendo Switch, releasing in 2025

have the show had Unova or Johto stuff in prior episodes? (I don't know, I don't watch it).
They haven't explicitly been to Unova yet in Horizons, but there are some episodes as of now that have taken place in unspecified regions. The entire plot of this series is that the characters are on an airship traveling through multiple regions to solve a mystery about an ancient hero who owned six Pokemon that are still out there. In terms of specified regions, so far they've shown Kanto, Hoenn, Galar, and Paldea. One of the Pokémon on the list that they're searching for is Entei, so that's some Johto stuff right there I suppose.

Despite the all-regions focus the storyline has been mostly focused on Paldea as of now - in contrast to Journeys which barely showed Galar despite being the Generation 8 anime. Most have speculated whatever region gets a new game next will be the focus of the second arc/half of the series, which would appear to be Kalos.

I've been thinking about the game last night and came up with a very early imagination of events. It's a bit long and will probably be proven wrong entirely by the next trailer. But I'm having fun speculating!

Scenario:

You are Serena/Calem who got isekai'd/teleported away from current Lumiose City to the past. In this time period it's going under mass development to make it more livable and exciting for all. Spearheading this movement is Lysandre's Ancestor. She believes in making a beautiful city for Pokemon and people, and despises how the ugly selfishness of humans runs through the city at present. She also feels guilt for some of Lumiose's problems as her ancestor (AZ's brother) helped contribute to the war which created carnage.

She listens to your tales of the future Lumiose and is inspired - she asks you to help develop the city with her. You go out and research what Pokemon live where and how to best create environments for them in the city. You can upgrade each 'section' of the city which introduces new Pokemon into the biodomes. You can choose some of the plans for the city including the aesthetics of buildings and parks.

Opposing this movement is a group of socialites, mainly represented by Diantha's ancestor. The members of high society have little interest in making a city that promotes harmony with Pokemon, and want to continue making exclusive mansions, restaurants etc. Late in the story, they do some serious environmental sabotage that hurts the local Pokemon, and uh oh-!

Zygarde is here and the snake is PISSED. It starts wrecking the place in anger and you need to work with bizarro Xernas/Yveltal to stop it. Once you manage to calm it down a bit, many of the people and Pokemon who have benefited from your plan cautiously approach Zygarde and explain they love living there together. Convinced that you guys aren't screwing the place up for good, Zygarde leaves peacefully and reconstruction on damages begins (post-game!)

Also throwing starter predictions out there: Litten because black cats and Paris have a few cultural crossovers, Snivy because Serperior was designed based on the Rose of Versailles (and has a Fleur-de -lis), and Squirtle because France has both freshwater and marine turtles by its coast. Water starter could also be Piplup for an Empoleon Napoleon joke.

Posting some screenshots from the finale arc of the XYZ anime which I believe the endgame of this game will heavily borrow from (or maybe this a chicken or the egg situation since most of these ideas were probably from Pokémon Z originally)

20160901141718%2521XY133.png

season19_ep39_ss01.jpg
season19_ep42_ss01.jpg

Posting some screenshots from the finale arc of the XYZ anime which I believe the endgame of this game will heavily borrow from (or maybe this a chicken or the egg situation since most of these ideas were probably from Pokémon Z originally)

20160901141718%2521XY133.png

season19_ep39_ss01.jpg
season19_ep42_ss01.jpg

God, I had forgotten how ugly Zygarde was. Probably the ugliest Pokémon in existence.

I don't have strong feelings one way or the other about X/Y's OST, but this theme slapped. Hope to hear it in some form again.

There's a car in the garage of the players home in Ultra Sun and Moon that when interacted with says it belongs to your father, and that your mother brought it with her to Alola so she could use it to run errands. Which is funny because the house is on a dirt path right within walking distance of the nearest city. In a region that consists of a series of small islands that you have to take a ferry between.
There are still some places on Oahu with dirt roads. I live in the suburbs of Honolulu and use a car to get to my dentist appointments and shop at larger stores (not on a dirt road though).

Quoted by: Tab
I was just thinking about Z-A today and a thought struck me. While playing Legends Arceus I fully expected that the main character would be sent back to their original timeline after completing the story, but that never happened. We ended up just being stuck in the past. What if Legends will use the same protagonist throughout the series? I know there are debates on whether Z-A is set in the past or future, but I personally think it would be cool if at the start of Z-A we see the protagonist from LA being sent back to his/her own time only to find that the timeline has changed and now we have to deal with whatever the plot of Z-A is. It always struck me as such a weird, huge oversight that GameFreak would just leave a kid stranded in the past for the rest of their life, but maybe it was intentional in case they decided to proceed with the Legends series. Anyway, just a theory.

There are still some places on Oahu with dirt roads. I live in the suburbs of Honolulu and use a car to get to my dentist appointments and shop at larger stores (not on a dirt road though).
I mean I was talking about Alola and not IRL Hawaii. Obviously people who live in Hawaii have cars. I just find it funny that out of all the regions in Pokemon, the only one that has ever shown someone owning a personal car is the one thats a series of islands. And that the mother went out of her way to have it shipped all the way from Kanto.

So after Gen 5 remakes were absent from the presents I did some digging and I have heard from my friends in the industry that Gen 5 remakes are due this year still and being handled by a separate studio (Not ILCA). Apparently they want to show it closer to release to avoid the backlash they had with BDSP looking unpolished. They are targeting a November 2024 release and should be shown this Summer/Autumn. Obviously please take this with a grain of salt, but I trust my sources and hope this brings some positivity to those disappointed by the lack of gen 5 news. I will try to get some more information about the remakes asap for everyone as I am not sure if they are faithful or more like ORAS and whether BW2 is also included.

I was just thinking about Z-A today and a thought struck me. While playing Legends Arceus I fully expected that the main character would be sent back to their original timeline after completing the story, but that never happened. We ended up just being stuck in the past. What if Legends will use the same protagonist throughout the series? I know there are debates on whether Z-A is set in the past or future, but I personally think it would be cool if at the start of Z-A we see the protagonist from LA being sent back to his/her own time only to find that the timeline has changed and now we have to deal with whatever the plot of Z-A is. It always struck me as such a weird, huge oversight that GameFreak would just leave a kid stranded in the past for the rest of their life, but maybe it was intentional in case they decided to proceed with the Legends series. Anyway, just a theory.
The Legends Arceus protagonists are Lucas and Dawn from the Diamond and Pearl games. If they were original characters for Legends Arceus, perhaps they could come back, but considering their identity is so tied to Generation 4 (not just in the games but throughout multimedia aspects of the franchise like the anime and manga) I don't see them coming back here.

The protagonists for this game will most likely be Calem and Serena from XY.

The Legends Arceus protagonists are Lucas and Dawn from the Diamond and Pearl games. If they were original characters for Legends Arceus, perhaps they could come back, but considering their identity is so tied to Generation 4 (not just in the games but throughout multimedia aspects of the franchise like the anime and manga) I don't see them coming back here.

The protagonists for this game will most likely be Calem and Serena from XY.
I don't think that has ever been confirmed, has it? I have never once thought of them as being Lucas and Dawn, and their canon names are Rei and Akari. I know they look like Lucas and Dawn, but to the best of my knowledge this has never been explicitly stated in an official capacity. If it has been and I missed it then I'm happy to be corrected.

I don't think that has ever been confirmed, has it? I have never once thought of them as being Lucas and Dawn, and their canon names are Rei and Akari. I know they look like Lucas and Dawn, but to the best of my knowledge this has never been explicitly stated in an official capacity. If it has been and I missed it then I'm happy to be corrected.
Rei and Akari are the characters you meet in the past depending on which player you don’t choose. The ones taken from the present are Lucas and Dawn.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to have read somewhere that the Arceus boy/girl are actually the grandchildren of Lukas/Dawn?

I think they're gonna have a running gag of a character from a separate region being stuck in the game, maybe ingo or maybe a new character each game

Rei and Akari are the characters you meet in the past depending on which player you don’t choose. The ones taken from the present are Lucas and Dawn.
Rei and Akari are listed as the player characters on the official Pokémon website, with the one you don't choose being the fellow team member. It's not on the website anymore since they've moved on to A-Z and deleted the page, but it's available to view on the Wayback Machine with this link. As far as I'm concerned, they bear resemblance to Lucas and Dawn (although most Pokémon protagonists basically have the same face anyway), but they are not the same people unless an official statement says otherwise.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to have read somewhere that the Arceus boy/girl are actually the grandchildren of Lukas/Dawn?
never stated anywhere, nor is it implied anywhere.

as far as I'm concerned, the player character is Lucas/Dawn

Rei and Akari are listed as the player characters on the official Pokémon website, with the one you don't choose being the fellow team member. It's not on the website anymore since they've moved on to A-Z and deleted the page, but it's available to view on the Wayback Machine with this link. As far as I'm concerned, they bear resemblance to Lucas and Dawn (although most Pokémon protagonists basically have the same face anyway), but they are not the same people unless an official statement says otherwise.
that works when they don't have to use the "player character". for example in Pokemon Masters, you have Akari and Rei, but both are native to Hisui, rather than dropped out of time

never stated anywhere, nor is it implied anywhere.

as far as I'm concerned, the player character is Lucas/Dawn

that works when they don't have to use the "player character". for example in Pokemon Masters, you have Akari and Rei, but both are native to Hisui, rather than dropped out of time
That's not Lucas/Dawn Legends Arceus. They're Rei/Akari.

Incorrect, in Pokemon Masters Rei is the Legends player character who came from the future and Akari is the Hisui native. They have dialogue that confirms it, with Rei saying "It's weird... Even though this is the future, it feels kinda...familiar?" and then Akari responds with "Then...maybe this is the world you originally came from?"

Disclaimer: I don't play Masters and only know this because I watched a video about it 30 minutes ago, but I saw the dialogue in the video myself. This is the video, it's at about the 45 seconds mark.

Incorrect, in Pokemon Masters Rei is the Legends player character who came from the future and Akari is the Hisui native. They have dialogue that confirms it, with Rei saying "It's weird... Even though this is the future, it feels kinda...familiar?" and then Akari responds with "Then...maybe this is the world you originally came from?"

Disclaimer: I don't play Masters and only know this because I watched a video about it 30 minutes ago, but I saw the dialogue in the video myself. This is the video, it's at about the 45 seconds mark.
looks like I was mistaken then

If it was closer to modern day, though, why would there be a redevelopment of Lumiose City in the first place? There’s no reason to believe that Lumiose City in X/Y is a relatively new development, and, like its real world counterpart, it seems to be a city with some significant history. And Legends A-Z certainly doesn’t appear to be after X/Y, either, because, again, the Lumiose City blueprint and map looks about the same as it does in X/Y (just presented at a grander scale). It just doesn’t make much sense at all for it to take place in modern times, while taking place about 100 or so years in the past would make a lot more sense and it would be consistent with Legends: Arceus, too.

And regard the clothing in the design document, I think it’s likely very much the same situation as the other blueprint visuals—a projection of the future. Even if you take it to be the literal design document from the time, you can still make sense of it as someone imagining what fashion will be like in the future. Regardless, though, I wouldn’t take clothing as a super reliable point of reference for time period when it comes to Pokémon, anyway, because even some outfits in Legends: Arceus look way more modern than they should for the time period.
Why does a city redevelopment make no sense? Redevelopment of cities is a common discussion in modern times. The only things needed for city redevelopment are a plan, money, and political backing. The reason given for the redevelopment is specifically so people and Pokemon can coexist better, there doesn’t need to be any greater reason. The Japanese Twitter also says “it doesn’t look like the previous Lumiose City.” If the blueprint was supposed to be the city being redeveloped into the one in XY they wouldn’t say that. It does absolutely have some major changes by the way, like a park and a canal.
Another thing to note is that the majority of the tailer is through the lense of a computer rendering of a blue print, complete with electronic music. This absolutely gives a modern day vibe. If this was supposed to take place in the past they would surely stick with the sketch aesthetic and not use electronic music. Why would they announce the game with a trailer that doesn’t actually represent the setting or time period?
On the subject of clothing, it is not an architect’s job to predict future fashion, nor would they be particularly good at it. An architect drawing people would use the fashion of their time. Through out the computer rendering section everyone is wearing modern clothing, but we get a more detailed look at the start (shown in part in the message you quoted.)
IMG_5065.png

This is outright modern fashion. Overall we have form fitting clothing, modern jackets, a baseball cap, etc. In more specific details the man on the left is wearing sneakers and the woman on the far right has high top converse shoes. As I said earlier an architect is not going to predict future fashion, especially to this degree of accuracy. On the point of clothing in PLA, none of the fashion in that was as anachronistic as what’s shown in this trailer if the intention is for this game to take place in the past, excluding the starting outfit which was literally from present day.
As an extra thought, presumably with the redevelopment being a major focus of the game it will be finished within the game, so why would the blueprint be representing the city 100+ years in the future?
Ultimately everything in the trailer points to a modern setting and nothing really points to the past. I think people are getting too hooked on the fact that Paris was renovated over 100 years ago and ignoring what the trailer actually shows.

Last edited:
Why does a city redevelopment make no sense? Redevelopment of cities is a common discussion in modern times. The only things needed for city redevelopment are a plan, money, and political backing. The reason given for the redevelopment is specifically so people and Pokemon and coexist better, there doesn’t need to be any greater reason. The Japanese Twitter also says “it doesn’t look like the previous Lumiose City.” If the blueprint was supposed to be the city being redeveloped into the one in XY they wouldn’t say that. It does absolutely have some major changes by the way, like a park and a canal.
Another thing to note is that the majority of the tailer is through the lense of a computer rendering of a blue print, complete with electronic music. This absolutely gives a modern day vibe. If this was supposed to take place in the past they would surely stick with the sketch aesthetic and not use electronic music. Why would they announce the game with a trailer that doesn’t actually represent the setting or time period?
On the subject of clothing, it is not an architect’s job to predict future fashion, nor would they be particularly good at it. An architect drawing people would use the fashion of their time. Through out the computer rendering section everyone is wearing modern clothing, but we get a more detailed look at the start (shown in part in the message you quoted.)
IMG_5065.png

This is outright modern fashion. Overall we have form fitting clothing, modern jackets, a baseball cap, etc. In more specific details the man on the left is wearing sneakers and the woman on the far right has high top converse shoes. As I said earlier an architect is not going to predict future fashion, especially to this degree of accuracy. On the point of clothing in PLA, none of the fashion in that was as anachronistic as what’s shown in this trailer if the intention is for this game to take place in the past, excluding the starting outfit which was literally from present day.
As an extra thought, presumably with the redevelopment being a major focus of the game it will be finished within the game, so why would the blueprint be representing the city 100+ years in the future?
Ultimately everything in the trailer points to a modern setting and nothing really points to the past.
Can you share the Japanese tweet that says “it doesn’t look like the previous Lumiose City”? Because I haven’t seen that. That might change my interpretation of things, but from the trailer itself it doesn’t really look majorly different in a significant way from X/Y Lumiose City beyond being presented at a grander scale. You couldn’t freely explore the entirety of the city in X/Y so there very well could have been a park or canal that we just didn’t get to see. I just don’t understand why the game would focus around a redevelopment of the city if it wasn’t something major, like redeveloping it in the past to be more like the existing Lumiose City in X/Y (and even if this redevelopment took place around 100 years ago, it’s a historical city that would have most of its modern day defining features still present back then when the major redevelopment first happened, much like real life Paris). Like, if it was a modern redevelopment I’d expect something similar to New Mauville from OR/AS, but from the trailer that doesn’t seem to be the case at all if you believe the game takes place in modern times and is redeveloping the city after X/Y. Plus it taking place in the past would not only be consistent with Legends: Arceus, but it would align with the real life history of Paris as well.

Maybe my interpretation is wrong, but if it is, I really don’t understand what they’re going for here or why.

Can you share the Japanese tweet that says “it doesn’t look like the previous Lumiose City”? Because I haven’t seen that. That might change my interpretation of things, but from the trailer itself it doesn’t really look majorly different in a significant way from X/Y Lumiose City beyond being presented at a grander scale. You couldn’t freely explore the entirety of the city in X/Y so there very well could have been a park or canal that we just didn’t get to see. I just don’t understand why the game would focus around a redevelopment of the city if it wasn’t something major, like redeveloping it in the past to be more like the existing Lumiose City in X/Y (and even if this redevelopment took place around 100 years ago, it’s a historical city that would have most of its modern day defining features still present back then when the major redevelopment first happened, much like real life Paris). Like, if it was a modern redevelopment I’d expect something similar to New Mauville from OR/AS, but from the trailer that doesn’t seem to be the case at all if you believe the game takes place in modern times and is redeveloping the city after X/Y. Plus it taking place in the past would not only be consistent with Legends: Arceus, but it would align with the real life history of Paris as well.

Maybe my interpretation is wrong, but if it is, I really don’t understand what they’re going for here or why.

“It seems to be different from the previous Lumiose City.”

A redevelopment doesn’t need to be a complete change of the entire city, it can be as simple as replacing a few buildings and roads. With the redevelopment focused on allowing people and Pokemon to better coexist they wouldn’t really need to knock down tons of buildings or anything.

Certainly it could still be in the past, but if so I think this was a pretty poor first trailer as it doesn’t actually give that impression.

Last edited:

A redevelopment doesn’t need to be a complete change of the entire city, it can be as simple as replacing a few buildings and roads.

Huh. Well okay then.

And I’m aware of that, but it’s very strange for the premise of the game to be centered around this redevelopment if it’s nothing particularly major, y’know? The only way it really makes sense to me is if, like, the city underwent significant damage or something, and this game is the rebuilding of the city after that. Maybe it takes place in a timeline where “Pokémon Z” happened with Zygarde wrecking havoc or something, and this game is dealing with the aftermath. Of course, if that were the case then they’re clearly hiding that element from us so far, but if it’s just a simple redevelopment of the city, what the hell kind of plot will this game have? After Legends: Arceus, I can’t imagine they’d not try to craft a story at least on par with that. But I guess we’re all lacking a ton of context right now. Hopefully it all makes sense when more is revealed, at least…

Huh. Well okay then.

And I’m aware of that, but it’s very strange for the premise of the game to be centered around this redevelopment if it’s nothing particularly major, y’know? The only way it really makes sense to me is if, like, the city underwent significant damage or something, and this game is the rebuilding of the city after that. Maybe it takes place in a timeline where “Pokémon Z” happened with Zygarde wrecking havoc or something, and this game is dealing with the aftermath. Of course, if that were the case then they’re clearly hiding that element from us so far, but if it’s just a simple redevelopment of the city, what the hell kind of plot will this game have? After Legends: Arceus, I can’t imagine they’d not try to craft a story at least on par with that. But I guess we’re all lacking a ton of context right now. Hopefully it all makes sense when more is revealed, at least…
With it being a major focus of the game it honestly makes more sense for it not to be a gigantic change to the city, so it can be completed in game. I imagine things like the canal, the park, the redone plazas, etc. will be the kinds of things we can expect the redevelopment to be about. As for the plot, obviously we’re missing how Zygarde ties into things.

EDIT: My bad, the canal is there in XY, but renovations to it could still be part of the redevelopment.

Huh. Well okay then.

we don't know anything about the story or even when it takes place. so the justification will come in due time.

or it could be the same justification as the actual Paris redevelopment: "Lumiose is a shithole, let's fix it"

Huh. Well okay then.

In the XYZ anime, Lumiose is severely damaged by the Team Flare's efforts to use Zygarde's power. In episodes following the arc, you can even see them starting construction work around the city. If they're taking a page from the anime's book as I've theorized, maybe this is indeed the history of the Legends: Z-A version of the city.

I posted a full thread on the topic of XY anime inspiration yesterday. Here's the excerpt on the Zygarde plot-line and what they could take from it:

Zygarde Plotline:

season19_ep39_ss01.jpg

Out of everything listed here, the storyline of Zygarde in the XYZ anime was most likely to have been taken from the scrapped Pokémon Z games. In the anime, Team Flare is collecting Zygarde cores, aiming to use the power of Zygarde to bring about their plans to reset the world. This culminates in a dramatic story arc where they wreak havoc on Lumiose City, with giant roots covering major areas. The persistence of these roots are still a threat in the anime even after XYZ because of this incident as seen in the Pokémon Journeys series. This marks a diversion from the games, as it effectively replaces the Ultimate Weapon storyline. Now, we know from the logo of this game that AZ and the Ultimate Weapon will still likely play a role in this game, but given Zygarde's inclusion it feels likely they could borrow from major aspects of this arc as well.

The roots that engulf parts of Lumiose for instance, particularly strike me as something that would make for a great climax. Considering this game takes place entirely in Lumiose City and is supposedly about its reconstruction, it would be a major threat that goes against everything the protagonist would presumably be working toward.

Adironally, there is also a Zygarde Core nicknamed "Squishy" that accompanies Ash and his companions on their travels leading up to the Flare event. Perhaps this could occur in the games, similar to how Miraidon or Koraidon accompany you throughout Scarlet and Violet, with Zygarde's eventual form changes acting as this game's ride Pokémon.

maxresdefault.jpg

Just remembering when X & Y first came out, if you saved your game anywhere on the ring road, your save file would be corrupted. Let's hope that doesn't happen this time around!

The past could play a part but I think the most likely answer is also the most straightforward, it doesn't look like the past because it probably won't be in the past, the first game made it obvious since the reveal that it would take place in the past so why would the sequel have to be so cryptic?

I feel like pokemon fans tend to overanalysis things way to much whether it's saying gen 2 is happening because they did a Japanese inspired dlc or whether they thought keiran was possessed by pecharunt because he happens to have purple hair.

I know everyone I still hoping for a 2024 BW remake(me too!) but… what about an XY remaster that connects to PLZA story? With 3DS game as base it should be much easier make a switch version (with the development handled by a partner).

Kids born on XY release will be 12 when PLZA comes out 😅

Edit: what if Lysandre was sent to the PLZA time after trying to use the final weapon in XY? In PLZA we could se his redemption arc.

Last edited:
I know everyone I still hoping for a 2024 BW remake(me too!) but… what about an XY remaster that connects to PLZA story? With 3DS game as base it should be much easier make a switch version (with the development handled by a partner).

Edit: what if Lysandre was sent to the PLZA time after trying to use the final weapon in XY? In PLZA we could se his redemption arc.
Honestly they should just drop a simple HD port of X and Y on the eShop this Holiday. It would be both a good appetizer before Legends: Z-A, and a solid way to pad out the release schedule on Switch this year.

Honestly they should just drop a simple HD port of X and Y on the eShop this Holiday. It would be both a good appetizer before Legends: Z-A, and a solid way to pad out the release schedule on Switch this year.
I’d buy it 😁

Edit: This looks better than BDSP to me 😅

Last edited:
Why does a city redevelopment make no sense? Redevelopment of cities is a common discussion in modern times. The only things needed for city redevelopment are a plan, money, and political backing. The reason given for the redevelopment is specifically so people and Pokemon can coexist better, there doesn’t need to be any greater reason. The Japanese Twitter also says “it doesn’t look like the previous Lumiose City.” If the blueprint was supposed to be the city being redeveloped into the one in XY they wouldn’t say that. It does absolutely have some major changes by the way, like a park and a canal.
IMG_5065.png

Ultimately everything in the trailer points to a modern setting and nothing really points to the past. I think people are getting too hooked on the fact that Paris was renovated over 100 years ago and ignoring what the trailer actually shows.
A thought: What if it's set in the past, but just not thaaat much in the past? Those clothes there could easily fit a 70s to 80s setting.

A thought: What if it's set in the past, but just not thaaat much in the past? Those clothes there could easily fit a 70s to 80s setting.
On the scale we’re talking I would consider that under “modern“, where as “past” would be more like pre computers.

Assuming xy doesn't get entirely retconned I feel like a remaster is very likely, the monster hunter stories remaster looks pretty good and I think gamefreak could release something similar (probably through a partner studio)

Assuming xy doesn't get entirely retconned I feel like a remaster is very likely, the monster hunter stories remaster looks pretty good and I think gamefreak could release something similar (probably through a partner studio)
Yeah, except Unova and jotho we have reached a point where every past region “only” need a remaster, hopefully this will make the future schedule release easier for GF.

I don't know if having any 2024 release outside of spin offs is in the cards and feels like hopium, but X and Y Remastered(like being marketed this way) would be a pretty big deal imo and could justify it being revealed later instead of the Pokémon Day.

Also the Legends Z-A trailer just gives me way too much cyberpunk vibes for it to be set in the past like Arceus.

I don't know if having any 2024 release outside of spin offs is in the cards and feels like hopium, but X and Y Remastered(like being marketed this way) would be a pretty big deal imo and could justify it being revealed later instead of the Pokémon Day.

Also the Legends Z-A trailer just gives me way too much cyberpunk vibes for it to be set in the past like Arceus.
Yeah I still think we might get a holiday title but it wouldn't be anything huge, it could be a new spin off, it could be a new pmd, of course no news on pokemon day likely rules out xy getting a full remake but a hd port maybe even remastered lighting and textures could be possible

IMG_5065.png

I think that the trailer is showing the completed city, and you will have to build it up throughout the game. So this may just be a look into the future you make, not what you will actually see

Yeah I'd like a 3ds remaster of XY. I kinda like the 3ds art styles for the pokemon games so I'd have no problems with that.

I think that the trailer is showing the completed city, and you will have to build it up throughout the game. So this may just be a look into the future you make, not what you will actually see
If the game doesn’t see this version of the city then why spend the majority of the trailer on it? An announcement trailer focusing almost entirely on something not even in the game would be a bizarre choice, especially pairing it with electronic music. This isn’t even touching on the clothing in the actual architect’s drawing being modern. I do think the city shown in the trailer is definitely the “final” version, but I think that we’ll reach that version of the city at the end, not at some point years after the end of the game.

Back
Top Bottom