• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Pokémon Legends Z-A announced for Nintendo Switch, releasing in 2025

N 2 Deep

Moblin
Pronouns
he/him/his
Just announced in Pokemon Direct

Coming 2025

And stated it is simultaneous worldwide release

image.png

Last edited:
My number one hope for this was Legends Johto, but I'll take this gladly. Holy crap, when the Legends Z logo popped up i threw my hands in the air and shouted 'What?'

I wonder if simultaneously worldwide means it will be cross-gen with updated features for the switch 2. This could also mean that if the Switch 2 launches in March 2025 it is a launch title

What the hell is this year’s holiday game for Nintendo, lmao.

I’m glad they’re taking some more time to cook, but still surprised to see it.

weirdest trailer ever but thank GOD for that 2025 release date. seems GF is actually taking a gap year, good on ‘em!

so thankful this wasn’t a gen 5 remake

Game Freak I KNEEL!!

1) new Legends
2) 2025, likely Holiday
3) Massive, massive swerve with Kalos

HOLY FUCK

Wow, absolutely BRUTAL loss for gen v fans.

I feel like one of the few who loved X/Y at the time (and still) and Legends was my favourite pokemon game in years, so finally getting some form of Z and in Legends form is doubly great news.

Best announcement possible, good signs it's not coming this year. Legends Arceus was the best Pokemon game in years so I'm excited to see what they do with a new one.

Also Nintendo actually has nothing this Fall lol.

Last edited:
Seeing them outright skip 2024 is actually kinda exciting to me

And hopefully this means they'll actually do Unova justice at some point; my biggest anxiety there was they'd either do a BDSP or not be able to do a decent Legends take on it because it would need to launch this year

Speaking of, glad to see Legends won't be a one-off. And I can't say I'm not excited about revisiting Kalos. Always felt like there was some decent meat left on that bone that got cut short by needing Sun/Moon out for the anniversary

An interesting thing to note is that Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are some of the only legendaries that aren't able to be brought into Scarlet and Violet.

I'm really glad they're not rushing it out this year. Hope to see the return of Mega Evolutions finally.

This definitely does not confirm Switch 2 btw. Recall BW2 released after 3DS and USUM after Switch so even if Switch 2 was intended to release this year it is entirely possible for this to be Switch 1 (only).

Last edited:
I'm shocked that they are apparently taking more time than usual for this.

Anyway, this is good since Legends Arceus was the most innovative thing GF has done in years. Just hoping for more polish overall.

My mind is racing imagining an urban Legends game. From what little we've seen it seems like it's set just in the Lumiose city, this is going to be incredible. Legends fam, we won!

Concept seems cool, and not rushed out this year? Unless they're also cooking another project for 2025 this is the best man, new Megas too!

I'm SO excited for this! The original Legends was so good... now we get a new one in the hometown of Sylveon!

I wanted OG Dragon but Zygarde got done dirty, so a Legends game feels like a good way to resurrect the Z concept.

Bringing back Mega Evolution in a Legends game makes a lot of sense.

It brings back a fan favorite gimmick, but doesn't bring it into the competitive scene, where it stifled team diversity.

Welp! As I said last night, a new Legends was the baseline to give me a good time, do I'm happy!

Now, do me a favor and don't undercut this one with a traditional PKMN game release a few months later, k?

Honestly cool they dom't feel the need to go chronologically because that has thr implication they made this game because they had a cool idea with the urban concept. Just Lumiose City seems like a great idea to me to scale it back but perhaps have it be more detailed

As much as it sucks not having a Pokemon game this year I am glad that it seems Game Freak is taking their time, there is no need to rush out a new game every year.

Back
Top Bottom