• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Pokémon Legends: Arceus |ST| Breath of the Wild Area

Who did you choose to be your partner Pokemon?

• Total voters
Wait, can anyone make ST threads or do we have to call dibs on them beforehand?

I know you found it already, but anyone can make an ST as long as they claim it in this thread

The only reason I volunteered to take this game's ST is because the person who had claimed it unfortunately had to step down, so I put together the OP earlier today.

Ideally, the person running an ST would be someone with a lot of passion about the game, and would express it with a quality OP

But of course that's not at all necessary - the point is that we all have a place to talk about a game!

The shop I pre-ordered to the game hasn't even started to prepare it... I'm afraid this is gonna come with a days of delay. No day one for me, it is!

I really like the fact that you can now evolve pokemons without trading, so I can finally have some pokemons on my team that I would always discard because of this

Gotta say that is a wonderful OP from @bellydrum , very slick and stylish. I know he took it on last minute and threw a lot of work into it in a short amount of time so well done.

I can't wait to have this game in my hands 😭

Great OP! Im still hesitating between Cyndaquil, because I like the final evolution more (and I love its typing), or my boy Rowlet.

Cyndaquil has never really done anything for me, and I can’t get over Oshawatt reminding me so much of something out of Octonauts and so I guess by default I have to go Rowlett.

But I went with Rowlett in that Gen so already have a pretty mean Decidueye so may change my mind before I start 🤷🏻‍♂️

Can’t wait to pick up the game from Walmart this weekend! That $10 off in-store pricing is too good to pass up.

And then it’ll sit there while I finish up a few other games lol. I wanna be able to dedicate my full attention to Arceus, so for right now finishing Spider-Man and Banjo take precedence.

#TeamCyndaquil.

Looking forward to tomorrow. Will stream it as well for the N1UP community for a bit. Looking forward to all the music, all the new Pokémon and it is a nice game till my next big release: Guild Wars 2 End of Dragons :D

Have to say that the OT looks awesome :)

Mine's just been dispatched 1st class, normally I'd be confident it'll be here tomorrow but Omicron has done a number of the Royal Mail lately...

It’s crazy how much of a hype train this has been for me. It’s been a while since a game started me off with an “eh” first impression, and then slowly progressed into being a “take the day off work” launch. (Which I very rarely do. The only game I anticipated doing this with was BOTW2)

I was more excited for BDSP during their initial reveals. And I did throughly enjoy my time with it, and will continue to play it alongside PLA - but PLA feels like the start of a whole new generation/era! I don’t want to get ahead of myself, because I obviously haven’t played it myself yet, but I keep envisioning a PL in Johto, and it brings me so much joy.

Also, team Cyndaquil I guess. I’m not a fan of any of the starters new final evos, so I won’t be using whichever I choose much. But running around with Quilava will be cute.

Can’t wait to finally play, my boi Rowlett awaits me. His big Alolan brother is chilling in Shield at the moment, one day they’ll probably meet.

I decided to spend a few more euro bucks and pre-ordered it at the local game store, since the mail man always comes around 3-4 pm, and i want to start playing as soon as possible (and i wanted it physical for my Pokemon cartridge collection). It's just a bummer that they don't do steelcases for Pokemon anymore in my country since the Switch days (i have steelcases for each generation from the 3DS games).

Very annoyed with Pokemon Center and the shipping delay, others had physical copies last week lol.

I should have learned my lesson after how late BDSP came, but after they gave me a consolation discount and the prospect of the Arceus plushie I figured I'd give them another chance. If the game actually arrives on the expected date of Monday that won't be too bad of a delay, but they use Fedex so I won't hold my breath.

Oops I forgot to pre-order earlier this week, bumping my question now that there's a ST

Anyone spot any eshop card or digital pre-order deals?

Struggling between Cyndaquil or Rowlet, hopefully I'll make up my mind by midnight EST

Taking a vacation day tomorrow so I can play it all day.

Oops I forgot to pre-order earlier this week, bumping my question now that there's a ST

Anyone spot any eshop card or digital pre-order deals?
Not sure what country you're in but if you order from here https://switchup.gg/ and use the code SWITCHUP you can get 10% off e-shop cards, I know it's good for the UK but not sure about US. I've got them from there before with no issues.

I received a code for 30 "heavy pokeballs" or whatever the proper translation is for pre-ordering the game. Do these make the game easier? If so, one of you guys can have them.

Yeah no need for trading or any other games(Darkrai and Shaymin do not count towards dex completion)
Thank you for confirming this, cause this is actually quite a nice benefit for me! As a relative beginner to the franchise the whole "100% completion is impossible with a single cartridge," thing was a big stepping stone for me mentally. Being able to complete the Pokedex in this with no need for anything else sounds like a great way to 'start' with Pokemon :)

I received a code for 30 "heavy pokeballs" or whatever the proper translation is for pre-ordering the game. Do these make the game easier? If so, one of you guys can have them.

They're different from Heavy Balls in the normal games. If you use them out in the wild (i.e. not in battle) the balls themselves are actually...heavier, so you have to get closer to a Pokémon to use it. I think it has a better chance of catching if you use it on a Pokémon that hasn't seen you yet.

Are the non-regional forms of the starters in the game?

If yes, I'll hold off on rowlett lol
MOD EDIT: Please put any spoilers, including those from datamines, in spoiler tags.
It doesn't look like it from datamining.

Thank you for confirming this, cause this is actually quite a nice benefit for me! As a relative beginner to the franchise the whole "100% completion is impossible with a single cartridge," thing was a big stepping stone for me mentally. Being able to complete the Pokedex in this with no need for anything else sounds like a great way to 'start' with Pokemon :)
In a similar but different position to you. I rejoined the Pokémon bandwagon with Let's Go! and Sword/Shield, having not played since Gold/Silver. But I've never been interested in catching them all. I think I may have done in Gold - I put like 360 hours into that game and traded fairly extensively with my friend who had Silver and one of the Gen I games - but it wasn't a goal, and I didn't try at all for Let's Go! or Sword/Shield due to the trade requirement and the sheer size of the dex in the latter (can you imagine the dex used to be even bigger). For this game it legitimately sounds like a fun thing to do.
Are the non-regional forms of the starters in the game?

If yes, I'll hold off on rowlett lol
Answering this in spoilers:
The starters are not region-specific, it's only the final evolution. So I'm not sure how you'd obtain non-regional forms unless they're given to you by some character from another region. But I do believe that the models exist in the game, so hope is not lost.

In a similar but different position to you. I rejoined the Pokémon bandwagon with Let's Go! and Sword/Shield, having not played since Gold/Silver. But I've never been interested in catching them all. I think I may have done in Gold - I put like 360 hours into that game and traded fairly extensively with my friend who had Silver and one of the Gen I games - but it wasn't a goal, and I didn't try at all for Let's Go! or Sword/Shield due to the trade requirement and the sheer size of the dex in the latter (can you imagine the dex used to be even bigger). For this game it legitimately sounds like a fun thing to do.

Answering this in spoilers:
The starters are not region-specific, it's only the final evolution. So I'm not sure how you'd obtain non-regional forms unless they're given to you by some character from another region. But I do believe that the models exist in the game, so hope is not lost.
The models for non-Hisuian Decidueye, Typhlosion, and Samurott are not in the game code, unless they added them after 1.0.

It's possible they add them when HOME compatibility releases.

I've avoided most of the coverage for this game because at this point I'll play any mainline Pokemon game due to sheer joy I get from them. Very glad to see this reviewing well. I always pick the fire starter but was thinking Rowlett for this one until I learned that there will be Hisuian evolutions for the starters. So it will be Cyndaquil again and I can't wait to see his final form.

My guesses for the future:

Fall 2022: Legends Arceus DLC, new biomes and new old pokémon. No new new pokémon.
Fall 2023: Gen 9 (Switch)
Fall 2024: Pokémon Legends Genesect (Switch 1 & 2). I expect Legends game for Gen 5 to launch before Gen 5 remakes. Dev team for Arceus likely to have tons of ideas didn't get implemented in Arceus and start imagining the next game as soon as possible.
Early 2025: Gen 5 remakes (Successor). Same dev with BDSP but looks much better, in the same style as Let's Go games.

Fall 2022: Legends Arceus DLC, new biomes and new old pokémon. No new new pokémon.
Fall 2024: Pokémon Legends Genesect (Switch 2). I expect Legends game for Gen 5 to launch before Gen 5 remakes. Dev team for Arceus likely to have tons of ideas didn't get implemented in Arceus and start imagining the next game as soon as possible.
Early 2025: Gen 5 remakes (Successor). Same dev with BDSP but looks much better, in the same style as Let's Go games.
I think if they do Legends DLC, which is the most likely option imo, then they will add some new pokemon too. Not a lot of them, but at least like 5

Fall 2024: Pokémon Legends Genesect (Switch 1 & 2). I expect Legends game for Gen 5 to launch before Gen 5 remakes. Dev team for Arceus likely to have tons of ideas didn't get implemented in Arceus and start imagining the next game as soon as possible.
I would guess 2024 gets Gen 9 DLC, and if ILCA is developing Gen 5 for Switch they're probably already working on it.

I would guess 2024 gets Gen 9 DLC, and if ILCA is developing Gen 5 for Switch they're probably already working on it.
They should take their time this time. I feel BDSP's visuals cut their sales potential.

Also I feel they'd work on Legends followup immediately, while Legends Arceus is still hot. Gen 5 remakes should can wait a little more.

SNlwM1X.jpg

We both agree on 2023 being Gen 9, but the end of this year I'm still not sure about. Realistically it could be DLC for this game, or a spinoff like another Mystery Dungeon. Anything past that is too far out for my feeble mind to comprehend. o_O

Back
Top Bottom