• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Pokémon Legends: Arceus |ST| Breath of the Wild Area

Who did you choose to be your partner Pokemon?

• Total voters
SNlwM1X.jpg

simpsons-room-for-one-more-homer.gif

This will be my first Pokemon in a very very long time... and I'm excited!

I haven't watched too much about this game, I sorta just want to go into the experience blind. But if anyone does know, are their ways to forever miss getting some of the Mons in these newer Pokemon games? Like missable stuff in other RPG games?

Sorry if this is a dumb/obvious question lol

this is me for an entirely different reason

I'm already getting my sister a copy for her birthday (she's the one who got my pre-OLED Switch as a hand-me-up), and I really don't want to drop $120 on Pokémon

I pre-loaded it from my brother's account, thank god for family sharing lmao.

Caught in the late rush for the game... and now waiting for tomorrow to start a new adventure... :)...

Team Cyndaquil IKZ!!!

I was planning on picking Rowlett, but after looking through the Pokedex for this game (the only spoilers I want to know beforehand):

He goes Grass/Fighting, and there's a new version of Lilligant that's also Grass/Fighting that I definitely want to use instead. I love Lilligant, and the new form looks great.

I'm thinking I'll go Oshawatt, since I also want to use Arcanine for fire types.

Not sure what country you're in but if you order from here https://switchup.gg/ and use the code SWITCHUP you can get 10% off e-shop cards, I know it's good for the UK but not sure about US. I've got them from there before with no issues.
Thanks! Wait, I love the SwitchUp YT Channel and had no clue they had a site... with a store? Is it sourced through someone else? Wild

EDIT: Interesting, provided by Famebyte. I wonder what the profit margins on this are like. Welp, buying all my eshop stuff this way now!

Playing this on my TV after 2 weeks of Series S 4K goodness is going to be rough and I can't wait

Lol the loading screens for areas is just a screenshot, aliasing and all. Gotta love their honesty

Kinda wild that I was unimpressed when it was first announced and now I'm hyped to start it in a few hours. It seems they really nailed it here. A possible future of Pokemon I never knew I wanted.

Going with my boy Cyndaquil.

I'm going Cyndaquil as well.

I went Oshawott back in White, so I'll get them later. Rowlet would be an easy pick and I adore his final form, but hate the regional version in comparison to it. Diamond was my first game so I've never had a Cyndaquil, so fire-type it is!

Just got the game pro-ordered and pre-installed!

I'm definitely picking Cyndaquil as my starter, that was never in question. That DOES create a small problem for me, though.
Typhlosion gets a sweet Fire/Ghost, and there are two other ghost types I absolutely want to use-Basculegion and H-Zoroark. Maybe I should suck it up and become a ghost type trainer?

Only 8 hours left for NA!

Picking Rowlett, since I think Decidueye has the best new form. Honestly might like it more than his original one, and I thought that one was already great

Only 8 hours left for NA!

Picking Rowlett, since I think Decidueye has the best new form. Honestly might like it more than his original one, and I thought that one was already great

I forgot I'm in CT and get games at 11pm now, I'll get some time in tonight after all! Wooooo

For anyone thinking about planning a team for this game, my go-to Pokémon team builder now has a Legends Arceus section, and I recommend checking it out:

(Obvious spoiler warning for anyone who does not want to see the entire Hisuian Pokedex, of course.)

just found out my switch ac adaptor doesn't work! looks like I won't be playing on my tv tonight. that probably means my dock actually does work, but whatever, ordered a new ac adapter

just found out my switch ac adaptor doesn't work! looks like I won't be playing on my tv tonight. that probably means my dock actually does work, but whatever, ordered a new ac adapter
You could use a different adapter if you have one maybe, since it's just USBC

One hour left for me aaah!!!

I was wondering, does it normally have an effect on the graphics whether you play it docked or handheld?

And how will you guys be playing Arceus mostly, handheld or docked?

For anyone thinking about planning a team for this game, my go-to Pokémon team builder now has a Legends Arceus section, and I recommend checking it out:

(Obvious spoiler warning for anyone who does not want to see the entire Hisuian Pokedex, of course.)
Oh hey, I love this site! This is my go-to team builder too!

One hour left for me aaah!!!

I was wondering, does it normally have an effect on the graphics whether you play it docked or handheld?

And how will you guys be playing Arceus mostly, handheld or docked?
Depends on the game, but there's usually some difference graphically. I've heard Arceus looks better handheld

I'll be fairly surprised if I ever dock the game in any case. I don't think I've docked my Switch in ages

Played for about 3 hours so far and loving it.

It takes a bit to get going, and the gameplay loop feels somewhat cumbersome at first, but once you can adeptly swap between Pokémon/ball on the go, it becomes so much fun.

Graphics are meh, but very happy so far! For reference, I've been playing Pokémon since it first released in Japan in 1996.

I'll try that. does it have to be a specific wattage?
I think so. The Switch AC adapter should have a range written on it. But if you don't wanna risk it, it's probably safer to just wait the couple of days it takes the new one to get delivered lol

Yup, same. Been using it for years now.

I think so. The Switch AC adapter should have a range written on it. But if you don't wanna risk it, it's probably safer to just wait the couple of days it takes the new one to get delivered lol
yea, looking around, there's a bunch of third parties, but I decided to shell out for a legit one.

hope they follow PD protocols next gen

Same, it's great. I tend to flit between pre-planning teams and just going with whatever depending on my mood, but I use this when I decide to plan out. With Arceus, there's quite a few Pokemon I'm wanting to use so suspect I'll be swapping around rather than sticking to one team.

Same, it's great. I tend to flit between pre-planning teams and just going with whatever depending on my mood, but I use this when I decide to plan out. With Arceus, there's quite a few Pokemon I'm wanting to use so suspect I'll be swapping around rather than sticking to one team.
Yeah, I think I'll likewise be swapping around too. There are 3 ghost types I want to use, and one team isn't going to be enough to accommodate then.

Yup, same. Been using it for years now.

So many people with great taste in team builders! With these modern Pokémon games with forced Exp. Share, I tend to raise others on the side, but I'm still attached to the concept of the team of 6. So these team builders are super useful!

...and yet I'm still no closer to choosing a starter, hah.

A little under 4 hours for me, excited to finally get into it

I think I need the OST on spotify because some of the songs in this game are some of the best in the series.
Someday, instead of just putting them up for sale on iTunes, they'll be up on Apple Music as well.
But I don't think this is that day.

Played it for about 50 minutes, went with Oshawott with my starting Pokemon. Know very little about him or the other starters so looking forward to seeing what he evolves into. I normally avoid water starters because some of my other favourite Pokemon are water types but I get the feeling poliwag and lapras won't be in this so felt like a good time to finally go for a water starter.

On the subject of graphics, I've always felt the game looked ok in screenshots/video and playing it on my 55" 4k tv I still think it looks ok. I quite like the artstyle.
I'll be very interested to hear what digital foundry has to say about resolution though cause to my untrained eye it looks like it's aiming for 1080p but also has some bizarre resolution scaling that maybe doesn't affect everything. but is very noticeable in character models and buildings. Not sure.

Speaking of resolution, the game is a constant native 720p in handheld mode so far. Everything crisp and clear. Awesome they’ve been able to do this when SWSH rarely hit native res while not being anywhere near as advanced in many ways

Back
Top Bottom