• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The ST |ST| Volunteer & Coordinate & Collaborate on StarTopics

I agree with this 100%. When awarding the initial round of badges, we were looking at threads that had a clear level of love put into them, regardless of image count/custom images or word count. I think the Virtual YouTuber ST is a great example; a very niche topic that, regardless, has enough in it to get you excited about it. An image-less example is the rumor/leak archive ST, which has a wealth of information so kindly put together by @frog.

But yes, anyone and everyone should feel welcome to create an ST; I believe we are aligned. In the spirit of the mission statement of the boards, I would also encourage fellow community members to nominate and recommend ST authors that they feel deserve a badge.

Exceptionally well said, and I wholeheartedly agree. OTs and STs should not serve as some sort of vanity project for the creator, but rather, first and foremost, their explicit purpose is to convey relevant information for a game, or given subject, so that it may be easily digestible to the wider community. To that end, it's irrelevant whether a thread has a bunch of pictures and gifs, or is merely a compilation of information in plain text format. The same goal is achieved, the users are still putting their time and effort into the thread either way, and that's what matters.

Personally, I only do the image thing because I find it fun, and I want some presentational flare thrown in, but I also recognize that it's completely unnecessary.
Music to my ears :D

And that rumor/leak archive is a great example. So much work went into its original incarnations and it went so much under the radar that people didn't even realize (including myself! [not much into leaks]) it was still being updated until the fami-exodus :D

True, I'm over there too, but after ERA was established I pretty much stopped, or more like forgot going there because activity was on the low side. I've reached out to Peltz lately, because I felt like an ass, to update my Ripping Thread with a proper, non-GAF banner with proper RGB assets. Awesome folks over there too.

Anyway, let's have some threads done before finding a name! :lol
Oh man, I can related. I was invited to join way back when and signed up and everything but since I didn't have much to conribute besides "I bought this old game for way too much money!!" I also stopped posting/reading quickly. 🙈

So are y’all down for a screenshot thread or no?
if you don't see it and you want it, go make it happen! :D

We (@Chaotic Neutral and @Donnie and myself) claim the rights and privileges of the Eurovision Star Topic.

Should be from may 1st to may 14th.
could you please stick to the formatting in the OP? I'd also prefer you stick to the 6 month window but I don't wanna make a fuss about a few weeks now for something like an event.

Now that Metroid Dread has come and gone, I'll soon begin work on the New Horizons ST (and after, the general Metroid ST). Hope to see a huge reinvigoration of the playerbase, once 2.0 + Happy Home Paradise hit.

Now that Metroid Dread has come and gone, I'll soon begin work on the New Horizons ST (and after, the general Metroid ST). Hope to see a huge reinvigoration of the playerbase, once 2.0 + Happy Home Paradise hit.
hylia help me if everything costs a ton of bells again and we need the stalk market again ☠️

So are y’all down for a screenshot thread or no?
I'm all in for some CRT pr0n
Screenshot-20211020-180008-2.png

Last edited:
I suppose I should post it here as a safety measure but I’m going to take care of Nintendo General Discussion |ST 02|

On that note, how do we feel about the formatting |ST 02| instead of |ST2|? I feel like that series of threads will easily make it into the double digits before long so I figure’d we could future proof it a bit, formatting wise. The space between ST and 02 will help avoid confusion and people asking ”what does the O stand for”

Already put my Animal Crossing: New Horizons claim through via Discord, weeks ago, but I'd like to update it. It'll now serve as an all-in-one for New Horizons, the 2.0 update, and Happy Home Paradise.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons + Happy Home Paradise by Aurc (October 21, 2021)
November 5, 2021

I suppose I should post it here as a safety measure but I’m going to take care of Nintendo General Discussion |ST 02|

On that note, how do we feel about the formatting |ST 02| instead of |ST2|? I feel like that series of threads will easily make it into the double digits before long so I figure’d we could future proof it a bit, formatting wise. The space between ST and 02 will help avoid confusion and people asking ”what does the O stand for”
Makes sense to me but I also don't mind the other format

But let's be real here, what it actually should be called is New Nintendo General Discussion |ST|

every.

time.

New New Nintendo General Discussion |ST|

New New New Nintendo General Discussion |ST|

etc...

i'm more in favor of |ST2|. the thread is going to get to double digits in the future for sure, but for other large threads (smash, hardware speculation, etc), assuming they get to whatever the page limit is, they're likely to just stay in single digits and those will move to ST2, so for the sake of consistency i think it's best to keep it how it was on era.

Potentially stupid question incoming: I have created a thread for everything Football (Soccer) a couple of weeks ago. Should I label it as an ST or not? I haven't so far because I thought STs are gaming related, but that evidently isn't the case.

Potentially stupid question incoming: I have created a thread for everything Football (Soccer) a couple of weeks ago. Should I label it as an ST or not? I haven't so far because I thought STs are gaming related, but that evidently isn't the case.
as far as I understood it, the whole ST thing was supposed to come to non-gaming stuff later. doesn't mean you can't label it that way. or that it's anything that would cause any kind of trouble (at least from where I'm standing?).

as far as I understood it, the whole ST thing was supposed to come to non-gaming stuff later. doesn't mean you can't label it that way. or that it's anything that would cause any kind of trouble (at least from where I'm standing?).
Yeah, there being no place to claim non-gaming STs but them existing anyway had me confused, so I thought I'd ask.

Edit: I've rebranded the Famiboards Football Club thread as an ST now. If the mod team have any objections, let me know.

Last edited:
Edit: I've rebranded the Famiboards Football Club thread as an ST now. If the mod team have any objections, let me know.
I don't see an issue with it being an ST. I think it was highly suggested to become an ST anyway.

Not sure if this is the place to ask but is there a topic to discuss Breath of the Wild? I had a quick search but couldn’t see anything, just started a replay of it.

Not sure if this is the place to ask but is there a topic to discuss Breath of the Wild? I had a quick search but couldn’t see anything, just started a replay of it.
that's what the LTTP (late to the party) or RTTP (return to the party [iirc - I've never used this and had to ask what it even meant once myself :D]) thread concept is for.

I have some fever dream memory of reading some sort of site rules thing right when we opened up where those were explained but I can't find it anymore and site rules/guidelines are "under construction" right now.

Hey all, I'll be late as of today with some retro STs I was planning to release today. In fact I just have N64 and SNES done so far. Working on the NES one. Life is pretty busy these days so I couldn't do everything in time, apologies for that. I'll edit my post with some more realistic days.

Hey all, I'll be late as of today with some retro STs I was planning to release today. In fact I just have N64 and SNES done so far. Working on the NES one. Life is pretty busy these days so I couldn't do everything in time, apologies for that. I'll edit my post with some more realistic days.
no rush here

So, I am currently working on the ST for the Pokemon Legends: Arecus game, which will take a while, however I was also wondering if I could create an ST for the 2021 Game Awards? I really do want to contribute to the community more.

Was thinking of throwing together a Super Robot Wars ST rather than doing a LTTP thread. Tho may be a bit since I’m not up to making the graphics today

I'm seriously considering making STs for the following topics but I have zero skills in the graphic design department and would really like to collaborate with people to do them justice as one of my big regrets from the old site was not being able to do up fancy headers for the Unavowed OT.

Mother series & Mother-likes |ST| Smiles & Tears
River City / Kunio-Kun Series |ST| Merv is the word that you heard
Fangames |ST| Litigation Pending
(Excellent work already done by @MondoMega !)

Last edited:
I'm seriously considering making STs for the following topics but I have zero skills in the graphic design department and would really like to collaborate with people to do them justice as one of my big regrets from the old site was not being able to do up fancy headers for the Unavowed OT.

Mother series & Mother-likes |ST| Smiles & Tears
River City / Kunio-Kun Series |ST| Merv is the word that you heard
Fangames |ST| Litigation Pending
If it's just headers you need, and you're willing to handle the content itself, I'm happy to assist with these.

If it's just headers you need, and you're willing to handle the content itself, I'm happy to assist with these.
Thank you, and that would work for me. I don't have anything written up yet so it might be a bit, but none of these are exactly hot topics so I'll reach out if I end up going through with any of them.

Didn't find the info in the OP but who's handling the Pokémon BD/SP OT and when is it going to be published ?

Thanks !

Yeah that's what I figured, I am starting to work on something but please don't expect too much.
Pokémania is finally over :(

(it is quite funny to me that we're primarily a nintendo board(!!) and the new pokémon game didn't get a thread claim :D)

I am considering making an OT about the Nvidia leak due to many games being announced from that leak. Especially with the Game Awards coming up.

Is there a Warframe ST Thread yet?

Somebody should make one in preparation for The New War.

made a quick and dirty Game Awards ST since I have no skill in graphic design and it is certainly not my passion

I already posted this in the pre-release thread, but I thought I'd post it here as well.

If anyone wants to collaborate on the Triangle Strategy ST, hit me up. I am inexperienced in creating STs, so any help is appreciated.

With AGDQ2022 going on, I thought it would be a great idea to have a Speedrunning ST. People can share their speed games, highlight great runs and discuss news and developments in the community.

Any interest? I'm only a spectator/fan, so it would probably be best if someone with more experience in the community made the ST.

Has anyone called dibs on an ST for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin?

Or Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires?

Or maybe Lost Ark?

...Elden Ring?

:p

Has anyone called dibs on an ST for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin?

Or Dynasty Warriors 9 Empires?

Or maybe Lost Ark?

...Elden Ring?

:p
For Elden Ring, I'm pretty confident that nobody has. Don't know about the others.

But if you can't do the ST for a game for whatever reason, please keep us updated. Maybe a week or so before would be nice.

Last edited:
For Elden Ring, I'm pretty confident that nobody has. Don't no about the others.

But if you can't do the ST for a game for whatever reason, please keep us updated. Maybe a week or so before would be nice.
Thanks!

Yeah, I have a few ideas, actually.

:)

Just a general suggestion: if you CTRL+F on either of the two pages of this thread and the game doesn't come up, then nobody claimed it.

Thanks!

Yeah, I have a few ideas, actually.
please post a properly formatted claim too. the format exists for a reason (= helping to avoid this scenario where you have to ask if someone has claimed a thing)

Last edited:
I have one that definitely hasn't been claimed yet that I can do for The Roost (off-topic) forums and one that's probably overdue by this point.

State and Recent Developments of Science and Technology ST by @merp (1/29/2022)
Release: 02/02/2022

Edit: Changed date to 01/31/2022 to 02/02/2022

Last edited:
I have one that definitely hasn't been claimed yet that I can do for The Roost (off-topic) forums and one that's probably overdue by this point.

State and Recent Developments of Science and Technology ST by @merp (1/29/2022)
Release: 1/31/2022
so is it just this or Elden Ring too?

Back
Top Bottom