• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Pikmin 1 + 2 HD available now on the eShop, physical release coming in September

All 4 Pikmin games on one console is gooood!
(Hey! Pikmin does not count)

Last edited:
I find it funny that all the rumors about Gamecube remasters were for F-Zero and Paper Mario, and yet we got Pikmin first.

Looks like the American version didn’t detail physical versions at all, but the UK Direct stream said physical versions were coming September.

Any idea on when they're going up, or what they cost?

I never played the first two Pikmin but love the third, and have a voucher burning a hole in my pocket, so if the bundle can be grabbed with a voucher, I mean....

Cannot wait to replay 1+2 - Pikmin really does seem to be getting a good amount of attention right now which is really nice to see, hope it pays off.

Best announcement for me! Super happy, but now I need to decide whether I can wait till September to buy the physical.... aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Exciting announcement but I need to see them first before getting too excited. Weird they didn't show any gameplay in the direct.

Im really curious about the priceing of these. I always wanted to go back to Pikmin 1 and i never played 2. So in general im excited for this. But everything above 20 for each game would be a pass for now for me.

Im really curious about the priceing of these. I always wanted to go back to Pikmin 1 and i never played 2. So in general im excited for this. But everything above 20 for each game would be a pass for now for me.
Nintendo Europe website has them at 29.99 € each, or 49.99 € for the bundle.

In the UK at least, £25 each or £40 for both.

Reading the website, they're based on the Wii New Play Control versions.

Also they're missing the songs "Ai no Uta" and "Tane no Uta"?

EDIT: The website also says some of the treasures in Pikmin 2 got changed.

I was sort of expecting these to be remake in 3's engine, but I'm perfectly fine with an upscale of the originals. Why do I have to wait until September though?

Haven’t played 1 or 2. This will be an easy purchase.

$30 each, $50 bundle

Minor changes in fine print..

*The songs “Ai No Uta” and “Tane No Uta” are not included in game. In Pikmin 2, certain treasures have been changed in the Mystical-Energy Series, Massive-Receptacle Series, Survival Series, Ancient-Ad Series, and Odd-Logo Series.

Not an instant buy like MP:Remastered was for me.

I'll probably pick them up by the end of the day, but I do wish they were more than a simple up-res

$30 each, $50 bundle

Minor changes in fine print..

*The songs “Ai No Uta” and “Tane No Uta” are not included in game. In Pikmin 2, certain treasures have been changed in the Mystical-Energy Series, Massive-Receptacle Series, Survival Series, Ancient-Ad Series, and Odd-Logo Series.
Sounds about right. Am I really going to buy them....oh no my life

Nintendo Europe website has them at 29.99 € each, or 49.99 € for the bundle.
Good to know Thank you! For me personally just a bit to much right now. I feel like for 50€ i would proably already find Pikmin 4 at some retailers and that would excite me more right now then 1 and 2.

Pikmin 1-4 on Nintendo Switch. That's absolutely bonkers. Hey, maybe someday I'll give the series another shot.

Disclaimer on the french website

SWapfE1.png

Which translate to:

"The songs "Ai no Uta" and "Tane no Uta" are not present in this version.

Some treasures have been modified in the Mystic Energies series, the Large Containers series, the Survival series, the Old Ads series and the Weird Logos series."

:(

Kinda wild that despite good but not great sales these are some of the most consistently accessible games in Nintendo's catalogue. They've been playable on every console since Gamecube.

Sounds like UK at least is getting physical in September.

Edit: sounds like America, too. September 22nd.

Man, who made the decision to make the eShop screenshots 2400x1350 resolution? Hard to tell if they're proper full resolution Switch games when presented in a bad scale like that.

Kinda wild that despite good but not great sales these are some of the most consistently accessible games in Nintendo's catalogue. They've been playable on every console since Gamecube.
Yeah. People keep saying Miyamoto keeps it alive, but it's not true. It's probably the most "Nintendo" modern IP they have. Imo even more than the likes of Splatoon.
You can tell Nintendo, as a company, love those products. They're going to keep making those.

Cool they're doing HD ports.
Very stupid they're shadowdropping these on the eShop with minimal marketing. Didn't work out well for Prime HD, won't work well with this.
Nintendo is undervaluing the value of these HD ports.

Pikmin is by far my least favorite Nintendo series, can't stand that minion type game play.

But promise is a promise. I AM buying them later today. Hated Pikmin 2 when played with Wiimote, maybe I'll like it this time with buttons.

Pikmin is by far my least favorite Nintendo series, can't stand that minion type game play.

But promise is a promise. I AM buying them later today. Hated Pikmin 2 when played with Wiimote, maybe I'll like it this time with buttons.
Thank you.

Licensing is dead in 2 indeed, I had slim hopes for updates or new deals, but this is all we got.

Kind of sucks as the weird implication that Olimar landed on the planet in our current times is one of the most unique touches in the game. It doesn't really matter, but it's still a little sad. N

Slightly cheaper and it'd be impulse buy territory. As it is, I'm not sure when I'll have time to play them, and with the new game out next month, I'd rather not overdose on the series just yet (I did the wonderful Pikmin 3 DX in December).

I'll probably pick these up at some point for the sake of having them in the collection.

Cool they're doing HD ports.
Very stupid they're shadowdropping these on the eShop with minimal marketing. Didn't work out well for Prime HD, won't work well with this.
Nintendo is undervaluing the value of these HD ports.
I think there is something to be said about manpower instead of viewing as money. Every trailer that is put up, every tweet up for launch, costs Nintendo time and money. And it appears their marketing branches has a lot going on. It could be advantageous to just dump them with minimal advertising. We don't know how profitable Metroid Prime was, but I am guessing it was extremely profitable.

With the fact that Nintendo is flush on cash, and very low manpower, it could be a good deal for them.

Back
Top Bottom