• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Persona 5 Royal |ST| It's Time to Unveil the Hype You've Been Waiting For

Is this your first time playing Persona 5?

• Total voters
I've been playing P5R Switch here and there, slowly continuing my way through the game, which works super well for me right now.
Being so content with doing it like that has also affirmed my stance that I won't bother with P6 unless I can play it like this, that is: on a handheld. Guess I'll be waiting for the Switch 2 version of Persona 6, then, haha. These games just don't work for me any other way, it seems. I'm definitely enjoying my current P5R playthrough more than I've ever enjoyed my time with P5 vanilla on the PS4.
Portable Persona is always the best!

Fighting off the urge to replay P5R by replaying P5S instead, and then getting stuck between if i wanna do it on Switch for NG+ or PS5 for 60FPS

Fighting off the urge to replay P5R by replaying P5S instead, and then getting stuck between if i wanna do it on Switch for NG+ or PS5 for 60FPS
fwiw I played on PS4 and Switch both, didn't really find the better performance and visuals on PS4 to impact my experience much; I do wish the loading on Switch was as quick as the PS versions, but that was about it

Since it's the late, great Billy Kametz' birthday I want to say he did such a great job as Maruki. It's a massive shame he and Hopes Ferdinand are the last two new characters I got to hear from him. Rest in peace, gone too soon.

Since it's the late, great Billy Kametz' birthday I want to say he did such a great job as Maruki. It's a massive shame he and Hopes Ferdinand are the last two new characters I got to hear from him. Rest in peace, gone too soon.
Keep playing! His performance in the later parts of the game is incredible, and an amazing, amazing legacy for him to leave behind.

He was an amazing VA and by all accounts an incredible man. May he RIP

When you're stuck in the 4th palace due to a puzzle but the music bangs

3kby1x.gif

(I figured it out eventually)

When you're stuck in the 4th palace due to a puzzle but the music bangs

3kby1x.gif

(I figured it out eventually)

I love the fourth palace so much, it might be my favorite overall palace in the game: the music, the aesthetic, the central character and plot around it, etc.

Nearing the end of my playthrough (I guess?) and I find it very funny how this game both honors a proud Tokusatsu tradition of
everything going to shit on christmas while also embracing the proud JRPG tradition of having to attack and dethrone god as the final boss.

Picked this up on Switch last week, will be my first Persona title. Will probably have to wait until after Zelda to play it though as no way I’ll get through this before that comes out haha

I saw an imgur album full of new assets for all the shadows within P5X.
They mostly look the same though the shadows with sexier outfits (e.g. Succubus) have been given new, more-covered-up outfits.
I'm sure some might cry CENSORSHIP but the new outfits actually look quite good. Those shadows still look sexy.

This Twitter seem to be sharing a whole bunch of other P5X stuff too.

They mostly look the same though the shadows with sexier outfits (e.g. Succubus) have been given new, more-covered-up outfits.
I'm sure some might cry CENSORSHIP but the new outfits actually look quite good. Those shadows still look sexy.

This art is pretty great and I don’t mind the new outfits, they do look pretty good. Although Incubus looks really weird with pants, lol

Sojiro and Futaba have a pretty cute 'found family' going on with Joker after I cleared the palace. Her trying to help out in the cafe and buying fireworks was wholesome

My boy Incubus finally saw a doctor.

EDIT: Can't wait to see what they do if they try to add Mara lol.

Last edited:
Sojiro and Futaba have a pretty cute 'found family' going on with Joker after I cleared the palace. Her trying to help out in the cafe and buying fireworks was wholesome
I absolutely adore the relationship between those three and how it develops over time (especially as Sojiro's confidant progresses). I see now why Futaba is a fan favourite.

My boy Incubus finally saw a doctor.

EDIT: Can't wait to see what they do if they try to add Mara lol.
Literally my first thought when seeing the edits... maybe they'll give it a fancy hat XD

Hmm... Haru's introduction so far has been really irritating. I'm not sure this was the best way to introduce her getting tied up in Morgana's issues. I'm sure I'll warm up to her, just not a great first impression.

Hmm... Haru's introduction so far has been really irritating. I'm not sure this was the best way to introduce her getting tied up in Morgana's issues. I'm sure I'll warm up to her, just not a great first impression.
This is the worst arc in the entire game. Power through it.

After this, the game delivers non stop top tier masterpiece worthy experiences until the end.

I really, really like(d) Haru in vanilla P5; she's simply a genuinely nice person. But the way she's been introduced in the story is pretty underwhelming overall, sadly. I wish they did her justice.

I really, really like(d) Haru in vanilla P5; she's simply a genuinely nice person. But the way she's been introduced in the story is pretty underwhelming overall, sadly. I wish they did her justice.
Haru is a cool character (and she does get more time to shine in Royal)

But yeah, the whole Okumura arc is just... not the best

Haru is apparently great in Strikers as well. Speed demon!
Haru gets some of the best character bits and backstory in Strikers, for sure. Probably because she didn’t get a ton in the base game.

I like her, though! Even if she comes too late and the character development is a bit slim. But really I don’t dislike any of the Thieves. If I did a tier list probably the lowest rank would be like… a C.

I'll need to pick up P3 and P4 on Switch as well once I'm done with P5. Let's see how I'm going to end up ranking them once it's all said and done. Thus far I'd have ranked them 4>3>5, but with how much I'm enjoying 5 on Switch now, it might just overtake 3.

I'll need to pick up P3 and P4 on Switch as well once I'm done with P5. Let's see how I'm going to end up ranking them once it's all said and done. Thus far I'd have ranked them 4>3>5, but with how much I'm enjoying 5 on Switch now, it might just overtake 3.
Where you at?

Where you at?
I'm only at the third palace, really following the loading screen animation's mantra to take my time, haha. Given that I know vanilla P5 already, I'm making sure to soak in all the details this time around and basically experience the plot as comfortably as possible. Between doing it like that and playing bits of Elden Ring here and there, I'm pretty busy gaming wise.

Hard to believe this game is six years old today:

On top of that, the in-game calendar starts on Saturday with Joker arriving at Leblanc. There was something really cool about starting the game in April around when it came out and it roughly being the same date in-game (at least at first).

On top of that, the in-game calendar starts on Saturday with Joker arriving at Leblanc. There was something really cool about starting the game in April around when it came out and it roughly being the same date in-game (at least at first).

Masterpiece

I remember getting pre-ordering the "Take Your Heart" collector's edition and excitedly getting it on day 1. (I still have it. Beautiful box.)

Unfortunately, unavoidable life stuff happened and I could never play it. Having a portable option with the Switch/Steam Deck release has been wonderful and now I'm pretty sure it's my favorite game of all time.

Weird but I would have bet money it came out Valentine’s Day in 2017 and am trying to remember why the heck I think that.

So now that we’re past the six year anniversary, when do we think we’re getting the official Persona 6 reveal? There’s an SMT event/thing early May but that’s SMT only, not Persona.

Comments from Atlus make it seem like they are close to ready to show it, and that they originally wanted to announce it during the big Persona Anniversary year-long thing, but kept it back. Maybe it’ll be in the Playstation showcase that’s supposed to be happening this summer?

So now that we’re past the six year anniversary, when do we think we’re getting the official Persona 6 reveal? There’s an SMT event/thing early May but that’s SMT only, not Persona.

Comments from Atlus make it seem like they are close to ready to show it, and that they originally wanted to announce it during the big Persona Anniversary year-long thing, but kept it back. Maybe it’ll be in the Playstation showcase that’s supposed to be happening this summer?
Imo it's either showing at the PlayStation Showcase or Switch 2 reveal, or it'll be a Persona event alongside a new P5 spinoff or two and a localization announcement for P5X

By all accounts Persona 6 is not any time soon, and we are getting Persona 3 Remake first

For those who are interested Persona 3 Remake is confirmed to be fully multiplatform at launch (to be clear - PS4/5, Xbox One/Series, Switch, and PC); Persona 6, when it happens, is currently expected to be PS exclusive, though whether that is PS4/PS5, PS4/PS5/PC, PS5/PC, or just PS5 remains to be seen

My personal opinion is if this rumor holds true, that latter case is the last time this exclusivity will happen (and is presumably a residue of earlier decisions predating their current direction).

By all accounts Persona 6 is not any time soon, and we are getting Persona 3 Remake first

For those who are interested Persona 3 Remake is confirmed to be fully multiplatform at launch (to be clear - PS4/5, Xbox One/Series, Switch, and PC); Persona 6, when it happens, is currently expected to be PS exclusive, though whether that is PS4/PS5, PS4/PS5/PC, PS5/PC, or just PS5 remains to be seen

My personal opinion is if this rumor holds true, that latter case is the last time this exclusivity will happen (and is presumably a residue of earlier decisions predating their current direction).
I would be totally happy with a P3 remake since I have still yet to play it and was holding out in case those rumors were true. Still seems weird to me that it would be happening after all once they finally put out P3 on modern platforms just a few months ago, but hey, it’d be great if so.

Nah, P3 Remake ain't happening. That guy is probably full of shit

I would be totally happy with a P3 remake since I have still yet to play it and was holding out in case those rumors were true. Still seems weird to me that it would be happening after all once they finally put out P3 on modern platforms just a few months ago, but hey, it’d be great if so.
I think they personally viewed it as no different than releasing the OG FF7 on PS4, right before announcing FF7R for PS4 a few months later.

Companies do this kind of thing all the time lol.

Nah, P3 Remake ain't happening. That guy is probably full of shit
The thing is, that guy wasn't the only one who leaked it, someone else did as far back as 2020, and everything else that person said turned out to be true.

There was also an at the time ignored 4Chan rumor about Atlus' future output, that as of last month turned out to be entirely accurate, and which iirc does mention a P3 remake as well (not so sure on this, I forget what it said exactly).

Plus, Atlus' own survey has brought it up for the last two years, and usually repeated mentions of something in an Atlus survey ends up being a precursor to it actually happening (Etrian Odyssey PC, Persona 5 Switch, Catherine Switch, 13 Sentinels Switch, Nocturne remaster).

I think it's a reasonable assumption at this point (but of course, should be treated with skepticism until proper confirmation)

Maybe my brain thinks a Persona 3 Remake is possible, and that's why I'm not playing through P3P with the same gusto I did P5R.

I think they personally viewed it as no different than releasing the OG FF7 on PS4, right before announcing FF7R for PS4 a few months later.

Companies do this kind of thing all the time lol.

The thing is, that guy wasn't the only one who leaked it, someone else did as far back as 2020, and everything else that person said turned out to be true.

There was also an at the time ignored 4Chan rumor about Atlus' future output, that as of last month turned out to be entirely accurate, and which iirc does mention a P3 remake as well (not so sure on this, I forget what it said exactly).

Plus, Atlus' own survey has brought it up for the last two years, and usually repeated mentions of something in an Atlus survey ends up being a precursor to it actually happening (Etrian Odyssey PC, Persona 5 Switch, Catherine Switch, 13 Sentinels Switch, Nocturne remaster).

I think it's a reasonable assumption at this point (but of course, should be treated with skepticism until proper confirmation)
What else was on the Atlus 4chan post?

What else was on the Atlus 4chan post?
Nocturne remaster, SMTV 2021 release, P3-5 Xbox and Switch (with Game Pass), new EO project for late 2022, Re:Fantasy in dev hell. I think Catherine Switch was mentioned in it too, but as I mentioned previously, I don't remember it as well as I would like!

Still, surprisingly accurate all things considered lol.

Nocturne remaster, SMTV 2021 release, P3-5 Xbox and Switch (with Game Pass), new EO project for late 2022, Re:Fantasy in dev hell. I think Catherine Switch was mentioned in it too, but as I mentioned previously, I don't remember it as well as I would like!

Re:Fantasy in dev hell? shocked Pikachu

Hm.

Atlus updating and renewing a number of P5 related domains has me thinking we'll see a spinoff of 5, especially with 3 Portable getting ported as well

Hm.

Atlus updating and renewing a number of P5 related domains has me thinking we'll see a spinoff of 5, especially with 3 Portable getting ported as well
Much as I love P5 I would much rather they just moved on at this point, we’ve had enough spin-offs and follow ups by now. I guess they could do a P5 Arena for those who’d be into that and that’d be fine. Mostly I’m just eager for an actual new mainline installment and to get a glimpse of what it’s going to look like and the direction they’re taking post-P5R.

I wonder how the reception will be to a P3 remake if it's a more 1-to-1 remake without the FeMC or The Answer. (From what I've heard many would be happy without the Answer lol) I wonder if there will be a remake exclusive story arc similar to the Royal path from P5.

In my mind, this rumored P3 remake could be like Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire to Ruby/Sapphire. All the remake really did was upgrade R/S to the contemporary graphical style and add a bonus story arc at the end of the game. (I loved ORAS.) However, ORAS didn't seem to impress a lot of people.

Much as I love P5 I would much rather they just moved on at this point, we’ve had enough spin-offs and follow ups by now. I guess they could do a P5 Arena for those who’d be into that and that’d be fine. Mostly I’m just eager for an actual new mainline installment and to get a glimpse of what it’s going to look like and the direction they’re taking post-P5R.

I wouldn't mind a P5 Arena as long as it was similar to P5S in that it was essentially a full sequel to P5. Maybe snazz up the presentation of P5A's story and go all out a little with a story centered around the thieves one more time. I can imagine a P5 "trilogy" where P5(R) -> P5S -> P5A.

Unless, of course, I'm just overthinking it and the P5 "trilogy" (I know this "trilogy" isn't a real thing lol) is just P5 -> Royal Path -> P5S.

Back
Top Bottom