• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO NSO Missions and Rewards

Weird; no main December icon set? Only the Animal Crossing icons swapped out.

Maybe waiting until Wave 3 is actually out to start the next wave of Mario Kart?

Nintendo 64 icons are about to cycle in less than 90 minutes; maybe they're the main December set?

Those Yoshi's Story and F-Zero selections are... disappointing. lol.

 Oof

I mean, at least Nintendo is acknowledging their fun N64 controller colours. Maybe there's hope yet when they get more of those wireless N64 controllers in stock online we'll have other options besides grey 🥲

Those Yoshi's Story and F-Zero selections are... disappointing. lol.

cringe-face-meh.gif

Well this absolutely sucks, they only gave us captain Falcon as an NSO icon and the rest are cars! I was hoping for the original 4 at least, I wanted a Pico icon

Nice! It's pretty cool that Nintendo is making Captain Falcon from the Super Smash Bros series and his stage elements as icons for Switch.

Yep these new icons are kinda weak, I dunno if I'll buy them for completionist sake or if I'll only buy the Zelda ones.

Do icons ever come back?

Nintendo has only now made this function available in Brazil (for whatever stupid reason) and I forcefully missed the first three waves of Pokémon which was all I cared about.

Do icons ever come back?

Nintendo has only now made this function available in Brazil (for whatever stupid reason) and I forcefully missed the first three waves of Pokémon which was all I cared about.
I think the Kirby Forgotten Land icons cycled back after three or four months from their first initial run, but hopefully someone remembers better than I

Do icons ever come back?

The Forgotten Land ones are the only set that's ever gotten a full rerun so far IIRC but some of the later Odyssey and BoTW sets included some icon parts from previous sets.

You should be able to convert gold coins into platinum coins.

And also the names gold and platinum should be reversed. Gold coins being worth more/harder to get than platinum coins makes no sense.

I have been waiting ten months for my homeboy Roald to get his icon's turn in Animal Crossing.

Not sure if i have everything but i hope so...

Tc8Sl8I.jpg

q7z0sSH.jpg

I've got the exact same totals so I think we're good!
I can also confirm these are the total numbers.

As a heads-up, there are two new daily missions in the NSO app which can net you an extra 50 platinum points per day - one for simply opening the app (20 points), and one for playing software that supports online play (30 points). These are in addition to the weekly missions that have the same objectives and point values. The new daily missions are only running between 23/12 and 07/01 i.e. the same period during which old icons are being brought back. If anyone missed out on icons in the past but is short on points to claim them now, this will give you a bit of help.

I'm not sure why they didn't start this daily rerun rotation until tomorrow, Christmas Day.

or at least, around Christmas Day for timezones worldwide.

And now I’m waiting for the 4th of January so I can finally grab the Taion avatar I missed previously :eek:

the returning mario odyssey icons seem to be a mix of the first and second wave, right? hopefully by the end all the icons are available so i can get the one wave i missed from the first series.

edit: also there's a daily 30 point reward for launching a game that supports online play, it's a good way to stock up on some platinum points.

2 more days before the 3rd N64 icons wave, to see if they care about 64DD as bonus icon (seriously if they put something like the freaking Famicom Dataship then the 64DD is even less obscure than that thing)

Also Xenoblade 3 icons came back I hope you like chibis (I don't)

You know, even though I'm not getting Fire Emblem Engage I look forward to the eventual release of the NSO icons.

It'll work out too cause I'm sure the OGs like Marth will be a choice :)

Back
Top Bottom