• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

NSO NSO Missions and Rewards

Maybe if they do more in the future, but we know the games in the initial three waves of icons:

November: Super Mario 64, Kirby 64, Majora’s Mask
December: Ocarina of Time, Yoshi’s Story, F-Zero X
January: Mario Kart 64, Paper Mario, Star Fox 64

Plus a few general N64 icons (console + controllers; maybe accessories and N64DD if it’s like NES, we’ll see) each month.
Hopefully they’ll do more. I’ll at least claim them all

I just spent sooo many coins on the N64 icons. So many.

Thankful that they’re replaced every month which gives me time to save up some more.

I just spent sooo many coins on the N64 icons. So many.

Thankful that they’re replaced every month which gives me time to save up some more.

The new missions give you enough points to clear out the stock completely so you should be fine.

Do you get to keep these icons if you let your subscription ever lapse?
I'm also intrigued to know this. Same with base NSO actually, if you let that run out does it just switch back to a default system icon?

Anyway, I kind of want those Majora's Mask icons, but I can hold off.

no regrets from me joining NSO+expansion pack on 1st Nov to get the N64 icons on Nov 2nd
$$$ well/worth spend for me

Got to say I'm confused about NOA's double gold points offer for expansion pass members. It says "select" games and DLC with no indication of what they are, plus the fine print seems to say any bonus points won't be received until February 2023.

Got to say I'm confused about NOA's double gold points offer for expansion pass members. It says "select" games and DLC with no indication of what they are, plus the fine print seems to say any bonus points won't be received until February 2023.
Well that’s bizarre

A welcoming and friendly icon :)

Fgki_FmaYAEOYoI

I'm also intrigued to know this. Same with base NSO actually, if you let that run out does it just switch back to a default system icon?

Anyway, I kind of want those Majora's Mask icons, but I can hold off.
There was a brief moment on Monday when my subscription lapsed (friend didn't have our family plan on renew) and while I couldn't really access any new icons I still had my 8-bit Metroid one.

So perhaps...you keep what you have already but can't get any new ones?

Also I went with Bob-Omb King for my icon :D

Maybe not related to the topic but I couldn't find a dedicated thread; I have an Expansion Pass subscription and just bought two vouchers for 99€ as they're supposed to give you more gold points since November 1st, but I only got the regular 5% (495 Gold Points) instead. EU (French) account. Are the additionnal 5% supposed to be credited later?

Maybe not related to the topic but I couldn't find a dedicated thread; I have an Expansion Pass subscription and just bought two vouchers for 99€ as they're supposed to give you more gold points since November 1st, but I only got the regular 5% (495 Gold Points) instead. EU (French) account. Are the additionnal 5% supposed to be credited later?
I believe all bonus gold points are gonna be awarded in like, February?

A long time coming…

IMG_2823.jpg
I know the game releases in less than three and a half hours, but I sincerely hope when the games have been out for two or three months there are a lot more options and more of the newer 'Mons to select for profile icons (preferably in the Sugimori artstyle haha)

I know the game releases in less than three and a half hours, but I sincerely hope when the games have been out for two or three months there are a lot more options and more of the newer 'Mons to select for profile icons (preferably in the Sugimori artstyle haha)
This is just the first set of icons; we’ll get more very soon!

m02.png

Pikachu should have been there years ago, but I guess the NSO initiative made them prioritize icons a bit more, lol.

So I wonder, as far as Nintendo IPs that aren't dead the only series that doesn't have icons yet is Fire Emblem? Maybe they're saving new and classic FE icons for January/February 2023.

Quoted by: Tye
So I wonder, as far as Nintendo IPs that aren't dead the only series that doesn't have icons yet is Fire Emblem? Maybe they're saving new and classic FE icons for January/February 2023.
Fire Emblem is the biggest omission right now, yeah.

We also don’t have any Smash Bros. icons yet, though. But I’m not sure if that’s something that would actually happen or not…

There’s also stuff like Ring Fit Adventure, Nintendo Switch Sports, WarioWare, Miitopia, etc. that don’t have icons yet, either.

So Ruined Kingdom just got totally skipped in the Odyssey icons; weird.

Just checking I didn't miss any; 201 is the final number of parts?

I just checked the NSO app for literally the first time and I had enough coins to get most of everything that’s available. But that took a long time! There should be a “buy all” button.

Fire Emblem is the biggest omission right now, yeah.

We also don’t have any Smash Bros. icons yet, though. But I’m not sure if that’s something that would actually happen or not…

There’s also stuff like Ring Fit Adventure, Nintendo Switch Sports, WarioWare, Miitopia, etc. that don’t have icons yet, either.
Ah yeah, good call on Ring Fit, Warioware etc.

Rhythm Heaven characters would be pretty cool too! That's a super pipe dream though.

Back
Top Bottom