• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Sports |ST| WiiSPN 3 (Golf Update is Live)

What future sports would you like to see added?

• Archery

Votes: 56 48.7%
  • Baseball/Softball

Votes: 54 47.0%
  • Basketball

Votes: 33 28.7%
  • Boxing

Votes: 44 38.3%
  • Frisbee/Disc Golf

Votes: 32 27.8%
  • Power Cruising/Air Sports

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Table Tennis

Votes: 44 38.3%
  • Lacrosse

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Croquet

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Handball

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Pickle ball

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other (mention in comments)

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Yes I saw some gameplay on twitch, looks good.

Heard mixed reports about soccer prerelease but that looks very entertaining.
Funnily enough, I am having a good time with soccer. Had already some tense and entertaining moments there and (like in Rocket League) I am contributing by being a mildly talented keeper. Feels fresh in a way the other new additions don't. A little on the slow side, though.
The biggest problem at the moment is the small amount of content, like everywhere else in the game. I would love to see Nintendo going crazy with creative extra modes in the coming months.

Played for around 4 hours with my kids this evening!

I’m not really enjoying Chumbawumba, but otherwise having fun with all the other modes!

Annoyingly addictive trying to get all the prizes

Miis are pretty hidden away. I go into character creation and am like "OK, where do I import my Mii?" Don't see it, so go through making my character with the few options available. Then, there it is as a choice in the last major choice, Body. Of course, I should've realized that if I wanted to pick a Mii head it would be in Body rather than the head customization area.

It seemed like the first time I played each sport online I was playing the computer.
Second time through I could tell it was actual people.
Makes sense because some of the sports have tutorials.
Suddenly me getting a score in bowling 150 points higher than 2nd place in my first game makes a lot more sense...

Played for around 4 hours with my kids this evening!

I’m not really enjoying Chumbawumba, but otherwise having fun with all the other modes!

Annoyingly addictive trying to get all the prizes
If you take a whiskey drink, take a vodka drink, take a lager drink, take a cider drink and you might enjoy it. May even remind you of the good times.

Just looking at streams and stuff, it really seems that what reviewers were saying with sports being shallow, are just outright wrong. I was wondering what people who are actually playing it think though. I have a feeling reviewers were way off base.

Was playing with my girlfriend online earlier, she's not a huge gamer but teaming up against other people in football was super fun.

edit: now she's playing online by herself and all I can hear from the living room is "NO NO NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU IDIOT?!"

is this.. rocket league?

Last edited:
Football is brilliant fun, very much rocket league, not even tried any of the other sports yet haha.

If they can flesh out the single player with some mini games, let you earn points offline as well as online and add more sports this could be a really great package in a year or so.

So…these first two item collections are literally the only additional customization options available at the moment?? I’m surprised the squirrel body isn’t available yet, considering we’ve had official art of it for awhile now…

Also what’s up with the Pro League? How does that work? Is that also just not available yet or something?

I'm a fan of the Badminton in this game, feels frantic but also very fun, and bowling is as good as ever.

Unfortunately I'm seriously underwhelmed with almost everything else on offer. There are so few options, virtually nothing to do in offline single player except play a single match against AI, and I'm finding the customisation unlock process pretty unsatisfying.

For sure it'll be better playing with friends locally but it's so disappointing to see how bare bones this is. Genuinely feels like I've wasted money at this point.

Just looking at streams and stuff, it really seems that what reviewers were saying with sports being shallow, are just outright wrong. I was wondering what people who are actually playing it think though. I have a feeling reviewers were way off base.
Been seeing a bunch of reviews basically saying "it's Wii Sports without the charm of the Wii days", and it just seems to me as biased nostalgia lol

Of course the magic of the Wii days will never be replicated. But yeah, the actual sports gameplay is awesome.

Even stuff like Football which I wasn't feeling before playing it is actually really fun. My only disappointment is no baseball lol, that was my favorite sport in the first Wii Sport.

Bowling and Tennis are more fun than ever.

Alternate costumes in Mario Golf and Tennis on Switch work like that too. They're missable. Yeah it sucks lol
Yeah true, also Tetris 99 themes are also this way it does really suck I don’t get why you wouldn’t want someone who buys the game in six months to be able to get everything

Could this game be used as a fun way to burn some calories? Beat Saber is great. Just want other options sometimes that don’t require a headset and are more game and less an excel siding video.

Could this game be used as a fun way to burn some calories? Beat Saber is great. Just want other options sometimes that don’t require a headset and are more game and less an excel siding video.
I dunno about the calorie burning as such, but I was on my feet for almost four hours yesterday which would at least count for somthing

Badminton is amazing. I know people were complaining about there being too many net sports but Badminton >>>>>>> Tennis.

I would have paid for this game if it only had Chambara. Currently rank D+ and moving up.

Haven’t jumped online yet, but dual-wielding swords is super fun and bowling is too easy but feels great. I scored 245 on my first game lol. First time bowling in any form since the pandemic started (well not counting a Yakuza game I guess, but that’s buttons only!). Tennis seemed a bit finicky. Haven’t tried Soccer, Volleyball, or Badminton yet.

Edit: Badminton seems good, not table tennis good, but good. I’ll be playing this over Tennis for sure. Volleyball seems interesting and I’m most interested in Soccer. Going to dive online for a little while tonight.

Last edited:
I’ve played a good deal of sword fighting online now and this is awesome! My last match was down to the final round and they do the Wii Sports Resort thing where most of the arena submerges. It was looking grim, but two swings knocked my opponent off.

Have y’all seen any silly titles online? With the limited selection I have, mine is currently Glorious Hello lol.

I think all the sports are good. Except Tennis feels just like old one in Wii Sports but it's still ok. Badminton is one of my favourites. I think it works really well. Bowling has always been great and I like how the online works. Also I like the obstacle gameplay. Football was a really nice surprise. Very fun game. I think this game is much better than reviews say. Not really surprising considering it is a casual game. More content is needed but I am just having so much fun even as it is.

Bowling online is awesome with the elimination checks. I destroyed the bot game and came out on top on my first real game. My second sadly ended in a disconnect which was super sad since I had a streak of five strikes going. I wish they let you continue offline, that was heartbreaking to lose :/

Me playing Chambara online earlier: why would ever want that crying emote I just unlocked?

Me playing Bowling online: I need something to convey the absolute despair of getting a turkey and still getting eliminated from a round.

They really need to let you stack points for future unlocks. You get nothing once you’ve gotten everything. Might be done for the week.

More positively, bowling online is awesome. The emoji game from everyone is generally amazing. We are all in it together!

If you take a whiskey drink, take a vodka drink, take a lager drink, take a cider drink and you might enjoy it. May even remind you of the good times.
I want you to know I fell down in the bathroom laughing at this

but I got up again

you ain’t never gonna keep me down

Apologies for asking a question I’m sure has been answered countless times already, but is the leg strap accessory for this identical to the one included with Ring Fit?

How do you even use the leg strap? Is that an offline mode only?
Yeah, select football in offline mode, and you'll be able to select a special mode.
They'll add the option to play regular football, including online, with the leg strap post launch.

Managed to get into the Volleyball and Badminton pro leagues, the others should take a while because I've barely touched them

Got absolutely wrecked in soccer since a teammate dropped off and there is no AI replacement. Impossible to do anything down a person. Favorite so far I think it badminton, but always will have a soft spot for tennis. I would like more options, but the core gameplay is just so damn good.

I hope they add a tournament mode to this like Mario kart. Need those big lobbies for that sort of thing.

Finally picked it up today. So does this have a tutorial to practice? I tried badminton and I felt like I didn’t know what to do. The CPU kept doing these shots against me that I couldn’t do.

Same with Tennis. I figured out a lob shot luckily. But not sure how to do the other shots.

Back
Top Bottom