• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Sports |ST| WiiSPN 3 (Golf Update is Live)

What future sports would you like to see added?

• Archery

Votes: 56 48.7%
  • Baseball/Softball

Votes: 54 47.0%
  • Basketball

Votes: 33 28.7%
  • Boxing

Votes: 44 38.3%
  • Frisbee/Disc Golf

Votes: 32 27.8%
  • Power Cruising/Air Sports

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Table Tennis

Votes: 44 38.3%
  • Lacrosse

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Croquet

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Handball

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Pickle ball

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other (mention in comments)

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

Golf is apparently coming later this month according to this new Japanese commercial. You can also see it’s spot on the select menu, it will be next to Bowling all the way to the right.

Damb that was cute

She looks mega comfy too

I‘m really looking forward to Golf. The commercial looks promising and after bowling golf was my favorite sport in the original.

Only 21 holes feels kind of disappointing. There can't be much in terms of new holes if there were originally 18 on the Wii and 9 on the Wii U

Wii Sports Resort had 9 Resort, 9 Classic and 3 Special courses which adds up to 21. I wouldn't be surprised if these are just recreations with a few visual flourishes.

Wii Sports Resort had 9 Resort, 9 Classic and 3 Special courses which adds up to 21. I wouldn't be surprised if these are just recreations with a few visual flourishes.

That is what I'm figuring. Hopefully we get more later but this is probably one and done.

Finally played this again today and had a ton of fun. How much longer will the double points last?

It's already the 28th here! But I'm at work, so can't check.

... Golf releases on the 29th doesn't it? As in the thread title 😅.

Is this another American timezone thing where it'll drop really late at night in some parts and already be the 29th everywhere else?

I also thought it would be today....do we have a time when the update would be available? Maybe that clears up timezone issues

I think I found the discrepancy. The U.S. tweet and website says that the golf update is coming on November 28th.

The European tweet, though? It says the 29th.

So today is the release date, but it may be released at a time where it'll already be the 29th in Europe when it comes out.

So most likely some time after 6 pm EST so that it is midnight or later in Europe I guess. Makes sense, tho it would have been nice to get a specific time for the update lol

Backtracked through Nintendo of America's tweets and saw that they posted at 9:30 pm edst that the free summer update with the volleyball changes was available, so if timing stays the same but without dst, then I guess we could expect the update to be available at 8:30 pm est

I’ll happily give it a go tonight if the update drops. I haven’t turned on Switch Sports since release basically. Hope the golfing is fun!

Oh shit, is the 2x points event still going on? I need to get my weekly item card done so hopefully that’s still going on. If it is, I’m guessing it might go away once the update is live…

Quoted by: Tye
I played every single morning for like three months. I'd love to get back into this game

Curious if this is just gonna be Golf or if there’s some smaller unannounced tweaks like the ones they added with the last update.

Oh shit, is the 2x points event still going on? I need to get my weekly item card done so hopefully that’s still going on. If it is, I’m guessing it might go away once the update is live…
The 2x points event is over already, for anyone wondering. Wish they would have actually announced how long that was going to be happening for…

maybe they'll quietly fix matt

FQOgMlCWUAAaBmM.jpg

golf was so not a good fit for this game lmao

I'm really bad, too. don't remember wii sports or resort golf too well but this seems pretty demanding

It is going to take a minute before I get the right feel. I can't chip short to save my life. It will not register my move unless I put enough into the swing, and that keeps resulting in going longer than expected. The putting on the other hand is super super sensitive. My first putt went very very long lol. Also, it doesn't seem like spin is an option? That sucks if true.

All that said, I crushed my first online match, which I chalk up to years of practice on the Wii.

So I played nine, shot +4. I was actually even par through seven, then doubled the last two holes.

Then I played the first “online” match against the bots and destroyed them, of course. Finally I played a real match against real people and won that match too. Shot -4 over those five holes.

The mechanics feel good. It feels like you have a decent amount of control. One thing I will say, and maybe there’s an option for this, but I’m a left-handed golfer, and the game wants me to use the left joycon which feels awful in my right hand. I’d love the option to use the right joycon. Yeah, I could just use the left in my left hand, but when you golf left-handed, your right hand is the “leading” hand. But really that’s my only criticism so far.

The online matches are gonna be fun. I can see myself spending some time with this sport.

I was thinking I’d buy this once Golf came out but I’m just not feeling it…. fingers crossed for more support but unless my situation changes to want to play this more locally with folks I can’t justify it.

I just am sad it didn’t learn more from Splatoon with the online

and of course am still mad about the lack of wuhu island or any real hub

I played another match this morning. I won again, but I played much worse this time around. Even tripled a hole.

It does seem like people online are getting better, inasmuch as folks in my match this morning holed out more rather than reaching the limit. Right now it seems like if you shoot par, you’re probably gonna win. But I don’t expect that to last long!

Also, side note, but the left joycon feels better in my right hand with the strap attached. Pro tip. The game always yells at you to put the thing on, so I did and thought, oh, that’s actually more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom