• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Sports |ST| WiiSPN 3 (Golf Update is Live)

What future sports would you like to see added?

• Archery

Votes: 56 48.7%
  • Baseball/Softball

Votes: 54 47.0%
  • Basketball

Votes: 33 28.7%
  • Boxing

Votes: 44 38.3%
  • Frisbee/Disc Golf

Votes: 32 27.8%
  • Power Cruising/Air Sports

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Table Tennis

Votes: 44 38.3%
  • Lacrosse

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Croquet

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Handball

Votes: 13 11.3%
  • Pickle ball

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other (mention in comments)

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I was thinking I’d buy this once Golf came out but I’m just not feeling it…. fingers crossed for more support but unless my situation changes to want to play this more locally with folks I can’t justify it.

I just am sad it didn’t learn more from Splatoon with the online

and of course am still mad about the lack of wuhu island or any real hub
It's one of my most played Switch games period (>90h) but you can definitely tell that it had a troubled development and is a budget title. Even beyond more sports, what's in the game hints at more that could or should have been added or done to make a more fleshed out experience. It's a testament to the strength of the core gameplay that I'm still having fun months later but it doesn't change the fact that I have a laundry list of things I'd have wanted, from better single player content to face customization to the Sportsmates.

Looking forward to checking golf out. If only work wasn't a thing.

How long does a round playing online take?
The online play consists of 8 players with a total of 5 holes in a similar style to bowling where people get eliminated every 2 holes and the final 3 battle out on the last hole. It can take some time as you have quite a bit time limit to work with, but you also max out at 5 over par to not drag things out. The base points start out at 50 which is the highest in all the sports to likely compensate for a slightly longer game. I think I managed to play about 10 games in less than 3 hours, but I also made it to the finals quite a number of times. I really enjoy it though. Liked it better when I realised there was no need to actual stand like I am playing golf (aka sideways) and could comfortably just face my tv lol

Anyone figure out how to apply backspin? I’ve seen people do it online but not sure how to pull it off myself.

Absolutely kills me that we don't know what the bottom right and the middle building between badminton and chambara are. I want to be optimistic but I honestly believe they might be done with any larger updates for this game, so no additional (datamined) sports.

nintendoswitchsportsg4yf1m.jpg

Absolutely kills me that we don't know what the bottom right and the middle building between badminton and chambara are. I want to be optimistic but I honestly believe they might be done with any larger updates for this game, so no additional (datamined) sports.

nintendoswitchsportsg4yf1m.jpg
Pretty sure you can see close ups of the middle building and it just says spocco square on it. Idk if it would ever house a sport. Bottom right tho looks like the shape that could house baseball potentially

I never cared as much for Golf in the previous entries but I'm really enjoying it here thanks to survival Golf. It can be really tense.

Pretty sure you can see close ups of the middle building and it just says spocco square on it. Idk if it would ever house a sport. Bottom right tho looks like the shape that could house baseball potentially
I actually found a video of someone importing the models and walking around it. Looks like the bottom right building is just some kind of lobby (around 6:40 if the timestamp doesn't work)

So, uh…anyone seen any sprite rips yet…? I’m still really wanting the raw images of all the stamps to use as chat stickers, lol.
Now that there has been more datamining for the new update…has anyone seen a full sprite rip of all the stamps yet? I asked before in the ST but no one replied. Haven’t had any luck searching for it on my own, either…
Speaking of stamps, has anyone come across a sprite rip of all the stamps that are currently in the game? I’ve seen some posted online back at launch (including ones that weren’t released yet like the rabbit ones, since they were already in the game data at the time), but I haven’t been able to find a full rip of them yet. I’d really like to use them as stickers in messaging apps, lol.

Thank god for the reissued items, I missed a few from the robot set. However

• You can now get special items by fulfilling certain conditions.

These aren't showing up for me yet. I guess they will come with tomorrow's item rotation?

edit: nvm, I got a Golf crown for reaching A-Rank lol

Last edited:
Here's a Twitter thread detailing what's in the update from a datamine:

If you want to know what it is but don't want to see the designs:

3 tiers of rewards for Sports:
  • Crown for reaching A-Rank in a sport
  • Special golden outfits for beating powerhouse CPU, under par in 18 holes in Golf or 200+ in Bowling. All offline.
  • "Rookie" shirt by playing a sport 15 times, online or offline

And another special outfit that they don't know the unlock conditions for, looks like 30 matches online in 2p mode

Also the game icon has finally been updated to include Golf lol

So, uh, does anyone know how to actually unlock the Soccer Outfit (Golden)? Everything I see online just says to beat the CPU on Powerhouse Strength, with no additional details given…but I did that, and nothing happened. I was playing four-on-four mode first, so when that didn’t work, I figured it must require you to be playing one-on-one mode instead. But I just did that, and…still nothing. What am I missing here??

EDIT: Never mind, I finally got it. Tried playing without using the R+ZR trick to make the opponents be Miis this time, so maybe that was the problem? Weird…

Last edited:
And that's a wrap on Switch Sports after 145h. What is presumably the final collection was added yesterday and I finally unlocked all weekly items. Might unlock the special items but I'm in no rush. I've shared my thoughts on the game in various threads on this board so I'm not really in the mood to recap everything but I enjoyed it a lot, despite some of my misgivings. Would absolutely go back if they added the datamined sports (dodgeball and basketball) and/or more single player stuff but I don't think that's happening anymore.

I should get back to this lol. Haven’t even tried golf! Do hope we get one last update but that’s probably a pipe dream. Still have Wii Sports Resort on rotation though

The only collection I missed was the first due to starting a few weeks late, so now I have 100% for the weekly items. I'd like to keep playing to at least reach A rank in every sport since I mostly just stuck to the same few after a while, but not sure how often I'll come back now that there aren't new collections to complete. Either way, I ended up putting 170 hours into this game which is way more than I thought I would before buying it.

Back
Top Bottom