• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Nintendo Switch Online - Game Boy Advance March 2023 game is Metroid Fusion, out March 9th

We knew Fusion was first up; but one GBA game at a time is an abysmal pace. I accept it for N64 but for GBA, no.

Hope they can at least update the other platforms this month...

This means the zelda oracle games will be the first new games to drop for Gameboy NSO since like fusion those were the first shown upcoming games

🤘 Hell yes!

Except it isn’t any good to play when you have the GOAT Metroid game available. I think Fusion first makes sense with it coming out along with Metroid Prime.

Time to see if MVG's wish about Prime Remastered recognizing Fusion save data in NSO will come true

We knew Fusion was first up; but one GBA game at a time is an abysmal pace. I accept it for N64 but for GBA, no.

Hope they can at least update the other platforms this month...
Yeah. We should be getting at minimum one N64 game a month, one GBA game a month, 2 GB games, and a random NES and SNES game (if they don’t want to get SMRPG or their other release out). Plus Sega should drop 3-4 games a month too.

Except it isn’t any good to play when you have the GOAT Metroid game available. I think Fusion first makes sense with it coming out along with Metroid Prime.
Eh, I still think Zero Mission would be good enough to play for people who haven't tried it before.

every mainline entry in the 2D series is now available on Switch, be still my heart

Honestly it was a missed opportunity not making Fusion one of the launch games, since that would replicate the original releases of Prime and Fusion coming out on the same day.

Honestly it was a missed opportunity not making Fusion one of the launch games, since that would replicate the original releases of Prime and Fusion coming out on the same day.

Aww you're right, could you imagine that dual simultaneous shadow drop. My heart wouldn't have been able to take it.

Time to see if MVG's wish about Prime Remastered recognizing Fusion save data in NSO will come true
very curious about this

didn't realize it required Prime to be beaten back in the day too, so if so them adding this after release would make sense

Still puzzled why they didn't go with Zero Mission first.

Prolly because Fusion's the fully original of the two, being the 4th chronological mainline Metroid, so it has priority/seniority over ZM, which is probably held back by its remake status.

Nintendo's done this before, Fusion was chosen over ZM for the 3DS Ambassador GBA games list and then ZM took until early 2016 to get re-released on Wii U. So buckle up.

Damn, that's a pretty good trailer!

Hopefully we will still get a N64 games this month, or at least a GBC game.

Fusion was the only Metroid chapter missing on the Switch, and it also happens to be the most critical for understanding Dread, so it makes sense they would get it out first. It's actually 1,5 year late, but oh well.

There is already a version of Metroid 1 on NSO

There is no version of Metroid 4 on NSO

Fusion released before Zero Mission

Fusion sold better then Zero Mission

Fusion is a better game then Zero Mission

I'm more surprised you thought they'd skip Fusion for Zero Mission. Now they can say Metroid 1-5 are on Switch. First time ever the entire saga is on one device.

My first Metroid game, and the one that made me fall in love with the series as a kid, all those years ago. Awesome to see it finally offered on Switch. 🥲

(No way I'm paying for NSO EP to play an old ROM tho 😂 I still have my original GBA cartridge)

One GBA game per month means they will take years to have a comprehensive catalogue available. The GBA has too many essential games. Imagine when they start putting out the Super Mario Advances one a month, which are all games that are already available on NSO, ugh, that will feel glacial. Hopefully they will do all three together.

Even then, I could live with only 12 GBA games a month, but if they alternate with N64 and we get less than 1 per month, then that's just ridiculous. I really hope they will keep the GBA flow steady and just drop N64 on top of it from time to time.

There is already a version of Metroid 1 on NSO

There is no version of Metroid 4 on NSO

Fusion released before Zero Mission

Fusion sold better then Zero Mission

Fusion is a better game then Zero Mission

I'm more surprised you thought they'd skip Fusion for Zero Mission. Now they can say Metroid 1-5 are on Switch. First time ever the entire saga is on one device.
Glad you crossed the incorrect one off the list.

Also like the first N64 roadmap, seems they're going in order presented. So Kirby is next and golden sun is last

IMG_6548.png

One GBA game per month means they will take years to have a comprehensive catalogue available. The GBA has too many essential games. Imagine when they start putting out the Super Mario Advances one a month, which are all games that are already available on NSO, ugh, that will feel glacial. Hopefully they will do all three together.

Even then, I could live with only 12 GBA games a month, but if they alternate with N64 and we get less than 1 per month, then that's just ridiculous. I really hope they will keep the GBA flow steady and just drop N64 on top of it from time to time.
I think they’ll keep GBA monthly. And I still think N64 will go back to monthly

Whoever put together that trailer did a great job, btw. The SA-X footsteps at the end, as the title fades in...

Was really hoping for more than one GBA game a month but Fusion was a game I wanted to play immediately so I’ll take it.

Gonna be hella lame if they're seriously going with 1 GBA game per month. If they're really doing that, then I'm guessing the next one will be Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade since its 20th anniversary is next month, might as well dump it at that time.

Back
Top Bottom