• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack |ST| New 2024 Poll Up

How will Nintendo handle the NSO with the launch of the Switch 2

• Everything on the service becomes playable on launch day of the new system.

Votes: 166 77.2%
  • A slow roll out with a promise to move everything over within 12 months from launch day

Votes: 26 12.1%
  • LOL Nintendo is going to start all over with just NES games in late 2025

Votes: 21 9.8%
  • Nothing will transfer over because the Switch 2 won't be backwards compatible with the Switch 1

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
I should finish these… also when’s N64
Probably August.
I want to say this is irregular, considering even now that the games have dropped GB app still hasn't been hoisted on the eShop.. let's keep an eye out next month.

7MpvrV.gif

just to fuck with us

edit: And somehow all the posts already here on this just didn't load the first time...

Oracle of Ages + Seasons is a pretty good game, stretched out over two games.

Rather typical of Nintendo to throw logic out the door the day after I introduce it here... annoying, but fun!

When a Toronto Maple Leafs fan is in a competition for biggest masochist and their next opponent is a Nintendo fan:

sweating-50ht2ywpmat003wz.gif

I was looking up what's left that they have announced and I totally forgot the Pokemon TCG game is still coming. I love that little game, I'm exciting to replay it yet again.

Maybe localize the sequel too Nintendo?

On the Wii U you had to do the password system, but for NSO they actually do have a way to connect/transfer stuff between different games.

FE6 and FE7 are the only ones to actually use it right now, but no reason Nintendo can't get other games to work.

Oh I hope Nintendo does that this time around. 🙏

Quoted by: tee
Probably August.
I want to say this is irregular, considering even now that the games have dropped GB app still hasn't been hoisted on the eShop.. let's keep an eye out next month.
It’s Nintendo, could be announced tomorrow for Monday, I think we had that happen before

Quoted by: tee
Oh I hope Nintendo does that this time around. 🙏
Doubt, considering NSO marketing says:
"Once you beat one of them, you’ll get a password that can be used in the other game, allowing the two games to interact with each other!"

The oracle codes are also like 6 characters long, you can screen shot them on the Switch, and you can set up a save state to reduce on the boot up/swap games time. Link cable is overkill for the Oracle games.

July 26th, and Nintendo is reading Famiboards

Hoisting, eh? Well, hoist THIS, losers!

uploads Oracle of Ages and Seasons to NSO

I wanna say Pokemon Pinball’s a bit weird due to music licensing? It’s got a cover of the Japanese anime opening so I think that one’s a bit tough to do. I think they COULD but there are hoops to jump through

Huh. I guess that's probably why we got Pokémon pinball GBA on the Wii U VC but not Pokémon pinball GBC on the 3ds

That's how many days between the launch of the service and release. Just very interesting to see how much longer Virtual Console took to add them

I mean... It's not interesting really, it's just that they had GBC VC games as soon as the 3DS eshop launched instead of several years later.

Huh. I guess that's probably why we got Pokémon pinball GBA on the Wii U VC but not Pokémon pinball GBC on the 3ds
But we got Pokémon puzzle league, which is made almost in its entirety of the anime content. It should be possible. Or maybe they won´t bother with the base subscription, but I wouldn't rule out it yet.

Near the 6 month mark for the GB app and it's an odd mix so far. Three Kirby titles, all three Zelda titles, and 8 out of 15 games are Color versions. Given the GB/C library is so large, there's obviously massive omissions so far - but I'd say there only being a single Mario title is perhaps the oddest thing yet. It's also a shame there's so far no sign the mainline Pokemon titles will join the service.

Edit - also, the chronological mix is odd, partially because we've got so many Color titles already. It means we've got 8 titles covering 1998 through 2001, 6 covering 1989 through 1992, and 1 from 1995. The plus side is there's obviously a lot of blanks to fill in here. I'd prefer to see Nintendo drop a couple of GB titles a month. They could do that and still be updating the service in 3 years' time.

Last edited:
People checking in every day to see if new NSO games will drop this month:
giphy.gif

Me, not paying attention at all and opening up Youtube after playing Halo to see Nintendo posting a trailer for the Oracle games:
not-bad-whatever-you-say.gif

But we got Pokémon puzzle league, which is made almost in its entirety of the anime content. It should be possible. Or maybe they won´t bother with the base subscription, but I wouldn't rule out it yet.
Puzzle League is made almost entirely of English anime content. All, at the time, 4Kids-produced stuff that I’m pretty sure then went entirely under TPC’s ownership once that relationship ended. I THINK (no quote me plz) the anime opening has some partial ownership between Nintendo, Creatures, and Game Freak, none of which are problems, but also TV Tokyo, ShoPro, and whoever Rica Matsumoto’s record label is (Columbia/Avex I think?)

Like it’s not the biggest hoop to jump through but there’s no way the record label is gonna let it slide without gettin‘ a li’l bit off the top and, especially with GB being in the base $20 a year tier, I can see Nintendo thinking ANY off-the-top payment to the label is just not worth it to them.

Japanese record labels do be like that. Thank JASRAC!

I think it's safe to expect an update every month for NSO Expansion Pack from here on out, and multiple updates too:

GBA needs:
Golden Sun
F-Zero
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

N64 needs:
Mario Party 3
Pokemon Stadium 2
1080 Snowboarding
Excitebike

Technically they never promised the GBA games in 2023, just "the future", but lets assume they mean to release them this year so they can drop a new roadmap for 2024.

7 games vs 5 months. It's physically impossible now to skip a month and meet the deadline, and they will need to have atleast one month where they drop more than one.

If I had to guess, Mario Party 3 will be tacked on with Stadium 2 since their predecessors are already there, but they could also drop Stadium 2 and Pokemon TCG on the same day as well

I expect an update every month for NSO Expansion Pack from here on out, and multiple updates too:

GBA needs:
Golden Sun
F-Zero
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror

N64 needs:
Mario Party 3
Pokemon Stadium 2
1080 Snowboarding
Excitebike

Technically they never promised the GBA games in 2023, just "the future", but lets assume they mean to release them this year so they can drop a new roadmap for 2024.

7 games vs 5 months. It's physically impossible now to skip a month and meet the deadline, and they will need to have atleast one month where they drop more than one.

If I had to guess, Mario Party 3 will be tacked on with Stadium 2 since their predecessors are already there, but they could also drop Stadium 2 and Pokemon TCG on the same day as well
I'd also guess that Nintendo double up Stadium 2 and Party 3. Negative scenario is there's enough content here for them to ride it out, 1 game a month, until February and a roadmap in that Direct.

They definitely promised N64 games for this year, but it gets funnier how Japan has Harvest Moon 64 and Goldeneye still coming on top of the missing 4.

Japanese record labels do be like that. Thank JASRAC!

As they should be. More power to them. Garbage like Nintendo's turning up their nose at the people who wrote the DK rap in the mario bros movie and getting away with it because of the weaker protections they did that work under, just shouldn't fly.

Back
Top Bottom