• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo Switch 2 Speculation Thread |ST| The Future is just Beyond the Present

What is the big day 1 launch game for successor of the Nintendo Switch System?

• 3D Mario

Votes: 234 78.5%
  • 2D Mario

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Donkey Kong

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Metroid Prime 4: Beyond

Votes: 27 9.1%
  • Pokemon Legends: Z-A

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Star Fox

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • New IP

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mario Kart

Votes: 19 6.4%
  • Super Smash Bros

• Splatoon

• Animal Crossing

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Zelda

• Total voters
I wonder how many of the titles from the Marvelous Game Showcase last year are in development for the Switch 2.

At least 2

Secret Switch 2 games:
  • Monster Hunter Wilds
  • Visions of Mana
  • Grand Theft Auto VI
  • Smite 2
  • Professor Layton and the New World of Steam
  • Star Wars Outlaws
Did I miss anything else?
Beyond Good and Evil 2 (if it even exists at this point)?

Secret Switch 2 games:
  • Monster Hunter Wilds
  • Visions of Mana
  • Grand Theft Auto VI
  • Smite 2
  • Star Wars Outlaws
Kingdom Hearts 4, Switch 2 exclusive could you imagine lol?

They don't care about the sports lol. They care about getting as much eyes on it as possible..?
Do you know what would be epic? If they revealed Switch 2 at the olympic games with Mario and Sonic at the Olymics as launch title./s

Secret Switch 2 games:
  • Monster Hunter Wilds
  • Visions of Mana
  • Grand Theft Auto VI
  • Smite 2
  • Star Wars Outlaws
Not sure if this is satire, but Layton is a Switch game - it could have a Switch 2 version but it won't be next-gen only. Visions of Mana and Star Wars I'm confident are coming as SE and Ubisoft tend to support Nintendo hardware. MH Wilds and Smite 2 are possible, but I personally doubt them, and GTA 6 is a definite no IMO.

Yeah GTA 6 is very doubtful, at least as far as launch goes. They're going to be all in on making sure that shit works on PS5 and X/S before they worry about anything else. Maybe sometime after a PC version comes if they can get it to work on whatever hardware Nintendo has planned.

Secret Switch 2 games:
  • Monster Hunter Wilds
  • Visions of Mana
  • Grand Theft Auto VI
  • Smite 2
  • Star Wars Outlaws
Visions of Mana and Layton should be Switch 1 games with next gen patches but yeah rest of the list makes sense.

Also the THQ Nordic and Focus blowout. They're gonna have tons of shit on the launch day. Alone in the Dark, Gothic remake, Remnant 2, Titan Quest 2, Banishers, Space Marine II, Toxic Commando... Alone in the Dark should be a lock, they didn't release that GBC game on NSO for nothing.
Yeah GTA 6 is very doubtful, at least as far as launch goes. They're going to be all in on making sure that shit works on PS5 and X/S before they worry about anything else. Maybe sometime after a PC version comes if they can get it to work on whatever hardware Nintendo has planned.
A lot of people are having doubts on PS5 games on the successor but there will be a lot of them. Like how Switch got tons of PS4 games. And Nintendo will assist in bringing some to successor. They're gonna pick the most crucial ones, like Skyrim and Diablo on Switch and yeah, GTA6 makes the most sense to invest in right now. Nothing comes close.

Secret Switch 2 games:
  • Monster Hunter Wilds
  • Visions of Mana
  • Grand Theft Auto VI
  • Smite 2
  • Star Wars Outlaws
Persona 3 Reload, probably?

Also, this is more of a personal bet, but I feel Mass Effect Legendary Edition is gonna be EA's "Hey, we have more than just FIFA EA FC for you Nintendo fans!" game(s).

Also, this is more of a personal bet, but I feel Mass Effect Legendary Edition is gonna be EA's "Hey, we have more than just FIFA EA FC for you Nintendo fans!" game(s).
I feel EA's surprise for the successor is gonna be a collection of two Jedi games. If Switch didn't get Mass Effect with that install base, I doubt the successor ever will.

I feel EA's surprise for the successor is gonna be a collection of two Jedi games. If Switch didn't get Mass Effect with that install base, I doubt the successor ever will.
The Jedi games would be a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. Would be cool if they could have it ready for launch day.

I think both Jedi games have a very good chance of coming to the Switch successor, but I feel like a collection is a bit more generous than what EA usually does when supporting Nintendo systems, especially because I can see them (and many other publishers) leaning quite hard on the "Available for the first time on a Nintendo console!" angle to justify the price of certain late ports.

a real surprise from EA would be bringing Madden and College Football back to Nintendo
There's something funny/sad about checking the Madden and NCAA Football wikipedia pages and realising that since EA started to make console versions of Madden the Switch is literally the only "mainstream" console ever that didn't get at least one entry of either of those. Like... wow!

Beyond Good and Evil 2 (if it even exists at this point)?
Kingdom Hearts 4, Switch 2 exclusive could you imagine lol?
Visions of Mana and Layton should be Switch 1 games with next gen patches but yeah rest of the list makes sense.

Also the THQ Nordic and Focus blowout. They're gonna have tons of shit on the launch day. Alone in the Dark, Gothic remake, Remnant 2, Titan Quest 2, Banishers, Space Marine II, Toxic Commando... Alone in the Dark should be a lock, they didn't release that GBC game on NSO for nothing.
maybe Dragon Quest 12

Like a Dragon Infinite Wealth?
Dragon Ball Sparking Zero probably
updated secret Switch 2 games:
  • Monster Hunter Wilds
  • Visions of Mana
  • Grand Theft Auto VI
  • Smite 2
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • Kingdom Hearts 4
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Gothic 1 Remake
  • Remnant 2
  • Titan Quest 2
  • Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden
  • Warhammer 40K: Space Marine II
  • John Carpenter's Toxic Commando
  • Dragon Quest XII: The Flames of Fate
  • Persona 3 Reload
  • Mass Effect Legendary Edition
  • Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth
  • Dragon Ball Sparking Zero
anything else?

anything else?
World of Goo 2 has a good chance to appear on Switch 2, and I'd be surprised if the new Daemon X Machina: Titanic Scion would skip Switch 2, given the first one apparently did well on Switch and they haven't announced a platform yet. Rune Factory 6 probably too.

Switch was already the bottom-of-the-barrel multiplatform version of Trials of Mana, and Visions seems quite a step up from that. PS4's turn to be the barrel bottom.

• Monster Hunter Wilds
  • Visions of Mana
  • Grand Theft Auto VI
  • Smite 2
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • Kingdom Hearts 4
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Gothic 1 Remake
  • Remnant 2
  • Titan Quest 2
  • Persona 3 Reload
anything else?
Metaphor ReFantazio is coming to PS4, so I’d be surprised if it wasn’t eventually ported along with P3R.

Dragon Quest 3 Remake will almost certainly launch on original Switch as well, but unless it shows up in a Direct next month that’s a good bet for cross-gen.

• Monster Hunter Wilds
  • Visions of Mana
  • Grand Theft Auto VI
  • Smite 2
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • Kingdom Hearts 4
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Gothic 1 Remake
  • Remnant 2
  • Titan Quest 2
  • Persona 3 Reload
anything else?
I would add Street Fighter 6

There is also Far Cry 7. If one massive open world using snowdrop engine like FC7 is heading to Switch 2 day 1, it would be logical that others like Star Wars, Avatar and The Division get ported.

Wouldn’t surpise me Assasins Creed Red also gets a Switch 2 version.

Of course COD 2024 (iirc its Black Ops 6).

We can infinitely speculate to be honest, any third party title can be in development for Switch 2.

• Monster Hunter Wilds
  • Visions of Mana
  • Grand Theft Auto VI
  • Smite 2
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • Kingdom Hearts 4
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Gothic 1 Remake
  • Remnant 2
  • Titan Quest 2
  • Persona 3 Reload
anything else?
Did info drop these games are coming to Switch 2 or just wishes?

It’s going to be rough for some when like 85% of these games don’t come to Switch 2 at all.
the economics of game development is gonna force a lot of devs to release games on the switch 2 whether they like it or not. games are out here taking a decade to come out and costing an arm, leg and both of your kidneys to launch on only three platforms one of which is xbox. which is why you have this industry trying to make triple AAA iphone games a thing. you'll still have your atluses skipping it but it's just too expensive and risky to behave like that anymore.

A lot of people are having doubts on PS5 games on the successor but there will be a lot of them. Like how Switch got tons of PS4 games. And Nintendo will assist in bringing some to successor. They're gonna pick the most crucial ones, like Skyrim and Diablo on Switch and yeah, GTA6 makes the most sense to invest in right now. Nothing comes close.
Switch 2 will probably have more PS5/Series games, yeah. At least at first. GTA is just on a whole other level, though. We made it through the Switch without getting GTA5 for whatever reason, even though that should have had no problem running on it. But 6 is likely to push the hell out of the current gen consoles which makes me doubtful as far as a lesser version coming out as well. Again, maybe a few years later. We’ll have to see, though.

• Monster Hunter Wilds
  • Visions of Mana
  • Grand Theft Auto VI
  • Smite 2
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • Kingdom Hearts 4
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Gothic 1 Remake
  • Remnant 2
  • Titan Quest 2
  • Persona 3 Reload
anything else?
Metaphor
I really wish I'd share the optimism of many people here in regards to Persona and other Atlus titles 👀
No reason not to think they'd come, especially since they go to the fucking Xbox lol

Back
Top Bottom