• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Switch 2 Speculation Thread |ST| The Future is Probably a Year From Now

How confident are you that one year from now (April 2nd, 2025) you will own a Switch 2 system?

• Absolutely

Votes: 192 57.8%
  • No because scalpers will kill my chances

Votes: 39 11.7%
  • I hope so, but it is probably farther out

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • Team second half 2025

Votes: 24 7.2%
  • Josh, please stop it

Votes: 27 8.1%

• Total voters
From the closed thread:

Can someone remind me of the few games that have already been announced as being for the "Next Nintendo console"?

They all have been indie/ indie adjacent folks that I'm assuming did not sign a NDA and had no real info on the system.

Last edited:
Speaking of the name for a second and also the rumor about the magnetic joycons. How exactly will they be removed from the console? Because I'm envisioning a scenario where you snap them off kinda like breaking off a piece of chocolate or something, and they snap their fingers to make the switch noise, so could the name be the Nintendo Snap? Or does that sound too stupid?

Speaking of the name for a second and also the rumor about the magnetic joycons. How exactly will they be removed from the console? Because I'm envisioning a scenario where you snap them off kinda like breaking off a piece of chocolate or something, and they snap their fingers to make the switch noise, so could the name be the Nintendo Snap? Or does that sound too stupid?
I dont think they will drop the Switch name but I could easily imagine the new controllers being named 'snap cons' or whatever.

I dont think they will drop the Switch name but I could easily imagine the new controllers being named 'snap cons' or whatever.
I think it could go either way for the switch name sticking around, I just hope if they keep it they avoid the confusion that plagued the Wii U. Personally I kinda hope they drop it if only to make the console feel wholly unique, but we'll hopefully find out soon enough.

Famiboard's when someone from Square Enix accidentally announces that the next Saga game is coming to Switch 2 in a random interview, becoming the first game to be confirmed for the system

IQUN.gif

Famiboard's when someone from Square Enix accidentally announces that the next Saga game is coming to Switch 2 in a random interview, becoming the first game to be confirmed for the system

IQUN.gif
Don't forget when the reveal happens and it showcases games, we'll have bethesda denying starfield being on Switch 2, despite it being showcased.

I'm about to go back in time and prevent Microsoft from buying Bethesda
There are so many other things that I'd prevent Microsoft from doing first. Although, #1 item if I were to go back in time to change a video game thing would have been to have Nintendo swap the location of the A and B buttons on the Famicom/NES. I don't care which order they'd be in, just that A and B are in the same everywhere.

I'd go back in time and stop Andy Hertzfeld from explaining the implementation details of the Macintosh to the Microsoft team that was supposed to just be writing applications for it

then we probably wouldn't even have an Xbox, problem solved

Metroid Prime 4 being cross-gen would be a double edged sword. One hand you get it on the Switch (as advertised before), but on the other hand, the game is now limited/held back by the Switch. They missed the prime time to release it slightly earlier in the life cycle due to the reboot of development.

Last edited:
Metroid Prime 4 being cross-gen would be a double edged sword. One hand you get it on the Switch, but on the other hand, the game is now limited/held back by the Switch.
On the other (third) hand, there is enough of a gap between the Switch and Switch 2 where Prime 4 would be a guaranteed 4K (DLSS) 60 FPS + bells and whistles experience on new hardware. So it'll be a very clean, pretty launch title.

Copying from Hero of Legend's thread from the other website. A couple devs are already pledging support for the Switch 2 now that it's been finally "acknowledged":

The first company specifies that they don't have a kit yet, fyi

image.png

This is my wishlist for Switch 2 so far. But I am gladly suprised by other games that I can't think of.
  • Also, I put SSX Tricky in there, but a whole new SSX would be kinda fun to me.
  • Same goes for Pokémon Heart Gold, as that was an old DS title, I would like to have a remade version of the Johto region.
  • I put Counter Strike 2 in there, simply because with the Portal Collection, I kinda hope Valve put other titles like CS onto Nintendo platforms.
  • GoldenEye 007, and specifically the Wii version. While we have the N64 version in NSO, I had much fun with the online multiplayer of the Wii.
  • Far Cry 3 is what I hope they actually gonna remake it. Tho, never played the original, I think the gameplay of the original is outdated. I would also love to have a classic Far Cry on the Switch, since the classics let to make your own maps.

IQUN.gif
Kawazu seems like the kind of person who would drop something like that in an interview for a SaGa remaster.

Nintendo will have a SKU that doesn't come with a dock or charger just to lower the price under the assumption enough people already have docks.

Charger I can see, but isn't there an expectation that the new dock will have added juice?

If the current docks will work perfectly fine then I am more than happy to cut those off to save on the final package.

Charger I can see, but isn't there an expectation that the new dock will have added juice?

If the current docks will work perfectly fine then I am more than happy to cut those off to save on the final package.
The new dock will allow it to output in 4K, it does not have any additional hardware specifically to enhance performance other than signaling the Switch to run at max clocks.

There is also the concern of size differences with the rumored 8 inch screen, I expect past docks to be compatible but if the new Switch is larger than it may be either a tight fit or an unstable one that doesn't line up exactly right.

I don't see them offering a dockless SKU at launch for the sake of clear marketing but down the line, yes.

Nintendo will have a SKU that doesn't come with a dock or charger just to lower the price under the assumption enough people already have docks.
Nah, fuck this. I really hate the trend of not including a charger with new phones, don't need Nintendo to jump on that bandwagon too

Seventh of May has finally set us free

Can’t wait for the first accidental Switch 2 announcements

That "remember when joy cons were gray" thread has me wondering what colors they're going to go with for the Switch 2. Personally I'm hoping for an all-red console.

Personally, I hope for a micro-textured black. Would help with grip, and feels nice in the hand, and prevents fingerprints! Something like the back of the PS5 controller or an Xbox Controller.

No glossy plastic PLEASE, and my matte black custom joy-cons were bad fingerprint magents haha

Nah, fuck this. I really hate the trend of not including a charger with new phones, don't need Nintendo to jump on that bandwagon too
They did it for the 2DS. And they didn't include AV Cables with the Gamecube. They have and can do stuff like this.

Seventh of May has finally set us free

Can’t wait for the first accidental Switch 2 announcements
Hell yeah, clumsy Ubisoft will spill all the beans. It's been a long time since the last time they didn't accidentally leak a game announcement before the official one, so I expect the successor name and logo from them lol

March 6 - Super Mario 3D
April 3 - New Monolith IP
May 1 - Mario Kart X
May 29 - (Backwards Compatible) Pokémon Legends: Z-A
June 26 - Kirby 3D
July 24 - (Backwards Compatible) Donkey Kong 2D
August 21 - Hyrule Warriors: Sheikah
September 18 - (Backwards Compatible) Metroid 2D
October 9 - Mario Party
October 30 - (Backwards Compatible) Ring Fit Sequel
November 20 - Animal Crossing

Hoping that Amazon US and Nintendo gets their shit together soon because I really wanna be able to buy a Switch 2 when they're available for preorder : (

I don't think the Switch 2 fitting in existing docks is a safe assumption at all, especially if it is fairly thicker and larger than the original Switch as rumored

Back
Top Bottom