• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
nBEnhS0.jpg

𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔰 𝔦𝔰 𝔱π”₯𝔒 π”΄π”žπ”Ά 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔩𝔑 𝔒𝔫𝔑𝔰, 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”ž π”Ÿπ”žπ”«π”€ π”Ÿπ”²π”± π”ž 𝔴π”₯𝔦𝔫𝔫𝔢

Last edited:
I guess the good news is that there will be less "Someone remind me, is Koch Media at all associated with the Koch brothers" from now on
okay but is Koch Media associated with the Koch brothers?

I know it isn’t but every time I hear it I have to Google it again just in case

Okay, best launch trailer I've seen in a while:

Actually explains shit and says that it has no more than 30 hours of story and gameplay. I like that. A game that's not too long where I stop because, by the 40-hour mark, I'm too bored of it.

Also, genuinely looks fun and good.

Lego really gets Nintendo Characters with the kids in this trailer being completely mute:

Has Nate weighed in on the Nikkei rumor about new Switch hardware? Don't have the time to go digging but I'd love to stay in the loop if possible

Remember the time Nintendo said in an interview that they were not making a new 3DS model then announced the 3DSXL 2 weeks later? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

I'm at 20 hours and I just barely started chapter 3.... 😳
and I'm supposed to be the fast

Take your time, it'll be worth it :)

I did maybe 2 substantial sidequests and 2 smaller ones, and then maybe 1-2 hours of pure exploring/grinding. But I'm heading out of town tomorrow and really wanted the game to be done today.

Take your time, it'll be worth it :)

I did maybe 2 substantial sidequests and 2 smaller ones, and then maybe 1-2 hours of pure exploring/grinding. But I'm heading out of town tomorrow and really wanted the game to be done today.
Ah, makes sense if you had a bit of a deadline.

I don't even know what I'm doing in this game. I was meandering around chasing a quest and in doing so ended up.. well, running into something as part of that quest that I previously figured would have been part of the main story advancement? Just sorta, accidentally, possibly out of order? I dunno. Maybe the game is nonlinear after a point. I'm confused. But I shall continue to meander. LOL

I'm gonna be honest. I'm a bit pissed at Nintendo to release a new wave of MK tracks when I'm away until Sunday.

I just discovered this YouTube channel recently.

Anyone that has worked a retail job should relate to this.

I highly recommend subscribing.

Also, we need more labor movement YT channels.

Thought about getting the OLED model since it seems like we aren’t getting the pro or whatever for a while.

I have a launch switch I got back in October of 2017

Thought about getting the OLED model since it seems like we aren’t getting the pro or whatever for a while.

Right with you. My launch Switch is, as I’ve said countless times on this website, in rough shape. The news this morning that the Pro is perhaps further away than we thought? Definitely making me stare at that OLED like β€œdamn what if I just did it”

Right with you. My launch Switch is, as I’ve said countless times on this website, in rough shape. The news this morning that the Pro is perhaps further away than we thought? Definitely making me stare at that OLED like β€œdamn what if I just did it”
I’m actually glad it’s farther away as I’m getting the steam deck in Q4 so it’s going to work out in my favor in that regard.

I still have and use my launch model if that is whatever the hell an Erista is supposed to be.

This gives me hope they might update these courses over time and add elements (let’s hope antigravity to certain levels).

Oh damn now THAT'S how you fix the course. I was genuinely miffed that the cars were simply static before when they at least we're doing something on Wii, but this is a much needed change.

I wouldn't necessarily hold my breath for anti-grav being dragged and dropped into existing courses, but if they're at least willing to consider revisiting courses to upgrade elements then maybe there's hope yet to see the graphical quality improve as well.

OG Switch was Erista.
Succ Switch will be Barista.

Please refrain from using the cappuccino function after 11 AM.
Out of spite I will now only use the cappuccino function at 11PM.

Are you telling me the next Nintendo hardware is some kinda Project CafΓ©
snoop-dogg.gif

I did it. It was worth it.

I’ve been back on free style joycons since my pro controller conked out

A what now

if this is French for β€œlaunch model” then that’s what I’m still using
🀣 Erista is the name of the chipset in the original white box Switch. As opposed to Mariko which is the upgraded chipset they're currently using in the red box model.

I dunno if mine counts as a "launch" model since I definitely did not buy it at launch.

So it is summer and I went for a summer outfit hehe :)

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Not the first pic I posted here in traditional get up I think. But man, I really like the fit of it :)

I’m still on my early 2018 model with no intention to replace it any time soon. I did think about buying a Lite as a secondary system though.
If you do so, I'd avise you to make the Lite the primary system and the 2018 Switch (which will never leave its dock because the Lite is so much more comfortable and like the best portable console ever made) the secondary system, since the secondary system have to be connected to the Internet at all time for digital games

Moving from my battered Erista to OLED was pretty sweet, not gonna lie; improved build quality, battery life, and that screen makes for a much better portable experience.

That being said, something like XBC3 still looks a tad fuzzy on it, even with the bigger, brighter screen and Monolith Soft's (or NERD's) clever upscaling solution. If it's image quality that's a bug bear, OLED isn't really solving that for anyone, I think; great-looking games just look better on it.

If you do so, I'd avise you to make the Lite the primary system and the 2018 Switch (which will never leave its dock because the Lite is so much more comfortable and like the best portable console ever made) the secondary system, since the secondary system have to be connected to the Internet at all time for digital games
counterpoint: don’t do this if you live with people and share games

I buy all the games with my account, set TV Switch as primary, and my partner can play all the games using their account

Switch Lite, as secondary, lets me play games I own β€” but if I added a second account, they wouldn’t be able to play games unless they also owned them

I’m still on my early 2018 model with no intention to replace it any time soon. I did think about buying a Lite as a secondary system though.
to be fair to @Party Sklar β€” that method IS best if you don’t plan on sharing games on the home one

I find it kinda overkill to buy another Switch just for some small upgrades while still being essentially the same device dunno

I could figure out how to sell stuff or gift my current OG one, but, how about no

I ended up buying a Skull & Co grip and that was my handheld upgrade

I wish I knew if the model I have is a Mariko or Erista. Had to buy my own Switch after a breakup which I think wasn't too long after the Mariko model silently launched.

Remember the time Nintendo said in an interview that they were not making a new 3DS model then announced the 3DSXL 2 weeks later? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Aren't public corporations and insider trading rules fun?

Oh damn now THAT'S how you fix the course. I was genuinely miffed that the cars were simply static before when they at least we're doing something on Wii, but this is a much needed change.
First thought when I saw that gif: oh fffff

I find it kinda overkill to buy another Switch just for some small upgrades while still being essentially the same device dunno

I could figure out how to sell stuff or gift my current OG one, but, how about no

I ended up buying a Skull & Co grip and that was my handheld upgrade
I thought this too at first, but I recently had the chance to compare my OG Switch with an OLED model and I was blown away. Not just with the clarity the screen provides, but also with the improved battery life.

The Steam Deck certainly has one thing over the Switch: the latter has never hard crashed as often as the former for me! That's... that's a pro, right?
Guys?!

I wish I knew if the model I have is a Mariko or Erista. Had to buy my own Switch after a breakup which I think wasn't too long after the Mariko model silently launched.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I've found Mariko units are labelled HAC-001(-01) and Erista units are just HAC-001:
Switch-Product-Codes.jpg

I found out this morning that 5 of my students last year earned perfect marks on their state assessments.

I think state assessments are a huge drag, and teachers obsessing over numbers is not ideal…but…can I get some β€œnice compliment in a broken system” yeahs? Or a hug? Or maybe a new Pikmin.

I made the mistake of seeing the OLED in person at Best Buy. Seeing MK8 Deluxe running on the thing looked like the future. I already own an OLED TV so that's kind of a weird feeling, maybe it's seeing such a good-looking game on such a good-looking screen but crammed into a 7 inch space.

If I could just buy the OLED tablet and save money, I would. Unfortunately I'm cursed with the knowledge that Drake exists, and I already hacked my Erista and tasted the forbidden fruit of playing retro games on Switch without NSO borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom