• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man it even shares the initials GGDP(Grim Guardians Demon Purge). For those that don’t know the new Inti creates Metroidvania announced this morning Is actually a Gun Gal spinoff

Also the characters we’re the heroines and antagonist in Gun Gal Double Peace… and they’re tied into gunvolt too apparently?!

Last edited:
new conspiracy theory: the new circuit Nintendo made for the DLC is terrible on purpose, so that people stop asking for new stuff and they can keep on recycling old courses

(Edit: after having read the MK thread, it appears it’s kind of an unpopular opinion, so glad if people enjoy the track more than I do!)

Last edited:
Embarrassing for me to admit.

But I’m scared of horses and I think I’m gonna put this thread on ignore. My anxiety is kinda getting to me. Didn’t expect so many horses here lol. Sorry, bad childhood experience
I actually thought of opening a ticket with the staff to kindly ask the horse images to be toned down by a couple magnitudes.

But I’m scared of horses and I think I’m gonna put this thread on ignore. My anxiety is kinda getting to me. Didn’t expect so many horses here lol. Sorry, bad childhood experience
oh shit, I’m sorry I’ve been blasting horses so aggressively

I retired from major league horseposting as of this morning

knowing that it’s making the thread difficult to interact with for you, I’ll absolutely refrain from future horse images (or at least keep them in clearly-marked spoiler tags)

sorry for the torment!

sorrysorrysorry! I shall refrain.
I'm actually tapped out of all the horse stuff I found anyway. You're safe for multiple reasons.

Nothing to be embarrassed about, friend. From the looks of it, most of the people who've been posting the images have all said they'll stop, so hopefully you feel comfortable sticking around!

I actually thought of opening a ticket with the staff to kindly ask the horse images to be toned down by a couple magnitudes.

7X12xl3.jpg

For anyone who has Karaoke Joysound on their Switch, it's free to play from 8AM to 7:59PM JST on Saturdays August 6th and 13th (7PM August 5th/12th to 6:59AM August 6th/13th EST)

Y'all, the first time I accidentally clicked Toto's Africa and then it started playing with Super Mario Odyssey cutscenes in the background was an absolute TRIP.

Shoutout Google Lens on my Pixel 3a for doing on the fly translations when I point my phone at the TV lmao

Oh man it even shares the initials GGDP(Grim Guardians Demon Purge). For those that don’t know the new Inti creates Metroidvania announced this morning Is actually a Gun Gal spinoff

Also the characters we’re the heroines and antagonist in Gun Gal Double Peace… and they’re tied into gunvolt too apparently?!

Everything is connected in the Intiverse

Shinobu is Coppen and Mytils mother, the father actually got the family last name as the Kamizono Group had a lot of power. Maya is /was the head of the Kamizono Group at the time of Gunvolt, and Kurona is Nori in disguise

For anyone who has Karaoke Joysound on their Switch, it's free to play from 8AM to 7:59PM JST on Saturdays August 6th and 13th (7PM August 5th/12th to 6:59AM August 6th/13th EST)

Y'all, the first time I accidentally clicked Toto's Africa and then it started playing with Super Mario Odyssey cutscenes in the background was an absolute TRIP.

Shoutout Google Lens on my Pixel 3a for doing on the fly translations when I point my phone at the TV lmao
Do they have the Getter Robo theme? You’d be surprised how common that one is

@Mandos Alas, unless I can find the Romaji spelling of Isao Sasuka's name, it's not coming up in the English side of things. Not even scrolling through the Anime genre suggests anything close to it (although hell if I can even find the Pokemon theme song lol)

Does anyone else hoard money, items, and consumables in RPGs until the end so that you have a good stock at the end and then when you finally do get to the final dungeon/boss you spam all of it and it feels so good because it was the plan?

I'm experiencing that irl right now, except replace "final dungeon" with "moving" and replace "money, items, and consumables" with "Amazon boxes and grocery bags."

It feels weirdly satisfying to burn through all this shit I've spent years hoarding in anticipation of this very moment.

Does anyone else hoard money, items, and consumables in RPGs until the end so that you have a good stock at the end and then when you finally do get to the final dungeon/boss you spam all of it and it feels so good because it was the plan?

I'm experiencing that irl right now, except replace "final dungeon" with "moving" and replace "money, items, and consumables" with "Amazon boxes and grocery bags."

It feels weirdly satisfying to burn through all this shit I've spent years hoarding in anticipation of this very moment.
As a fellow hoarder, I approve of this message

I do except I get to the end beat the game and……. then I remember I had all this shit that I had hoarded for the final battle but didn’t end up using

hey if y’all want your usernames and weird short quotes in a Grögol Bonanza text box…

I finally made fonts and shit

gimme a chosen name, weird quote, and fave Pokémon type

Apparently, if I understund well, they want to focus on the japanese side of development, and sell sheres in the European/USA teams , but not 100%

oJLBXMo.jpg

me, enjoying my retirement
That... that t-shirt is photoshopped on.

Not just the quote, the whole shirt.

The shadows are wrong, the edges where it meets the skin have obviously been cut, the bottom hem is just straight across where it should be curving around the belly, the collar doesn't follow a natural line at all...

This really bugs me.

Square Enix going exclusive to one platform holder would be a big loss.
Frankly to me this news seem to indicate that they are not going to anyone, i mean they are basically selling shares of the Western division too invest bigger in the home teams

And not only that they want to mantain this teams they are not going to give the majoroty of the shares

Square Enix doesn’t even have any Western studios left besides their Mobile division in London to "sell shares in". Crystal Dynamics, SE Montréal and Eidos Montréal are all being sold to Embracer.

T

Re reading the the threahd i think i got it wrong

It seems like Square Enix, having sold Western studios, are - for now - in a good position to concentrate on their remaining operations and potentially even expand slightly. Without that cash injection, they'd have been looking at sharing ownership of individual studios/divisions with other companies, which is what Sony would have been interested in.

Post coffee I can see this news has little to do with anyone being in a position to acquire Square Enix; if anything, for now, it leaves SE in a decent position but the long term remains unclear; especially as development costs rise and large companies continue to pursue acquisitions and mergers.

T

Re reading the the threahd i think i got it wrong

It seems like Square Enix, having sold Western studios, are - for now - in a good position to concentrate on their remaining operations and potentially even expand slightly. Without that cash injection, they'd have been looking at sharing ownership of individual studios/divisions with other companies, which is what Sony would have been interested in.

Post coffee I can see this news has little to do with anyone being in a position to acquire Square Enix; if anything, for now, it leaves SE in a decent position but the long term remains unclear; especially as development costs rise and large companies continue to pursue acquisitions and mergers.
I’m not sure this is accurate, at least based on Gibson’s tweets.

Phase 1 was the sale of their Western studios (CD + their Montréal Studios).

In Phase 2 they will see if they can sell shares within their remaining studios to "diversify their capital structure".

We’ll have to see what that looks like and if the tweets are even accurate but I could see Sony buy a stake in Luminous Productions. As for Nintendo… they seem to be pretty buddy buddy with Asano’s team.

That... that t-shirt is photoshopped on.

Not just the quote, the whole shirt.

The shadows are wrong, the edges where it meets the skin have obviously been cut, the bottom hem is just straight across where it should be curving around the belly, the collar doesn't follow a natural line at all...

This really bugs me.
I’m sorry but did you think I was goin to wear a shirt in my retirement??

nah but for real, that jazz also haunts me. this picture is from one of those “upload your design lol” sites and very bad

I tried to find a decent crop top picture of someone who looked slightly more like me, but… y’know, the internet

plus I know making the text contour right would have been a hassle with very little payoff

I’ll make it even worse for you: I spent time sloppily editing the jeans by hand because I refuse to abide acid wash

I refuse to abide acid wash
Acid washed, alongside pre-ripped clothes, are things I refuse to even attempt to understand.

"Here, let me pay you extra for clothes that look like I picked them out of a dumpster."

Acid washed, alongside pre-ripped clothes, are things I refuse to even attempt to understand.

"Here, let me pay you extra for clothes that look like I picked them out of a dumpster."
we all did our time. sometimes all I had as a kid were light & faded jeans because that’s all that value village had in my size. and almost everything I had came by the rips and tears honestly, and sometimes extremely painfully.

I’m not gonna pay like retail jean money to recreate my broke-ass childhood

and don’t get me started on the pure fucking evil of low rise and bootcut

I’m not going back, dammit, I refuse

I’m not sure this is accurate, at least based on Gibson’s tweets.

Phase 1 was the sale of their Western studios (CD + their Montréal Studios).

In Phase 2 they will see if they can sell shares within their remaining studios to "diversify their capital structure".

We’ll have to see what that looks like and if the tweets are even accurate but I could see Sony buy a stake in Luminous Productions. As for Nintendo… they seem to be pretty buddy buddy with Asano’s team.
Ah, I see. If that's the case it could be Square Enix trying to mitigate costs by getting more funding from platform holders for particular teams, and not just from marketing/timed exclusivity deals. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Certainly I think Nintendo would want to hang onto the Asano exclusives; Dragon Quest would be the other series to watch but I'm not sure on the development arrangements for that.

Edit - looking it up and Dragon Quest and the Team Asano projects are both the responsibility of 'Creative Business Unit 2'. Given that's an internal division rather than a subsidiary, I'm not sure if this funding arrangement would apply.

While I definitely hope the Switch 2/Pro has some oomph to it I hope it’s not at the expense of being silent. Steam Deck is powerful, sure, but playing Ghostwire Tokyo on it is like holding a PS4 in front of my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom