• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y8iCG1b.jpg

π”₯𝔬𝔯𝔰𝔒𝔰 π”žπ”―π”’ 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔰𝔦𝔩𝔒𝔫𝔱 𝔧𝔲𝔯𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 π”±π”―π”¦π”žπ”© 𝔬𝔣 π”ͺπ”žπ”«π”Žπ”¦π”«π”‘

It looks like Digimon doesn't need any promos or marketing at all. It's currently steadily climbing up the eShop bestsellers list. It basically sells itself.
I got it yesterday. I got into VN last winter and have been enjoying it so far.

Oh God I can hear the least comfy pillow like Feliz Navidad
I recall my friend and I were spitballing this dumb idea of a sitcom based on entirely dark humour and it got to a point where we also planned out these elaborate commercial breaks. This was truly the best of what we did laugh about haha

Sorry for the absence, y'all. My work-life balance is truly nonexistent, but I hope everyone's doing great. Still slowly working my way through Live A Live, on my 7th chapter now, liking it a lot but not loving it. Hope the endgame is spectacular, then it's Xeno time

Also, how about that latest Better Call Saul episode?

Because the morals
I'm gonna be honest, what I was sorta picturing in my head (not really picture since I couldn't figure out what it would look like) was a centaur having both the horse part and the human part and then another smaller centaur growing out of the human part, possibly upside down, one of them wielding a sword and the other a bow.

Again no idea what that would look like exactly but the concept has overwhelmed my imagination.

I'm gonna be honest, what I was sorta picturing in my head (not really picture since I couldn't figure out what it would look like) was a centaur having both the horse part and the human part and then another smaller centaur growing out of the human part, possibly upside down, one of them wielding a sword and the other a bow.

Again no idea what that would look like exactly but the concept has overwhelmed my imagination.
I fuckin’ love it, you’ve gotta do it

3e3PdMm.jpg

I’ve got maybe one more tricky maneuver in me…

tYyQFoP.jpg

and I’m not talking about the half-hop pot-squat shit-on-the-floor deluxe

4Qtro3X.jpg

there’s only one thing I’m after…

3Icasqz.jpg

666 π”Ÿπ”©π”žπ”·π”’ 𝔦𝔱

Damn Klonoa is fantastic.

The way the levels move around a 3D plane with alternate paths with you only pressing left and right is fantastic, makes something that came out in the same gen with similar ideas like Kirby 64 look like amateur hour.

where did you get this because I truly adore it

I’m gonna dream about it

in a bathtub full of DayQuil

I’ve done it again and I’ll do it before

for the record I am not being paid to sponcon DQ (DairyQuil) or its older nighttime sibling

I’m just in a lot of physical pain and remembering other times when I was in a lot of physical pain

including literally having DayQuil nightmares in a midday bathtub attempting to cope with a flu flare combo

not unlike the fever dream narrative of my horsepost agenda

if I’m not conscious for #700, good game y’all

I’ve got some TS Eliot puns lined up but I will graciously accept defeat

or dehooves

That's outstanding.

Jesus Christ WHY
ugV08GS.gif

I just saw a trailer for Frogun. I... I don't know, guys. A platformer with PSONE-inspired graphics. This just speaks to me on so many levels. I am going to end up buying it, aren't I.

So what is all y’alls favorite video game horse? I like Agro from Shadow of the Colossus the most. Epona at number 2.

I loved the four horses of the apocalypse from the Red Dead Redemption DLC. Also Epona of course, and basically any horse you could domesticate in BOTW.

The music in the first area of Xenoblade 3 is giving me slight Panzer Dragoon Saga vibes.

A Fall 2023 Switch Pro/2 works for me because it's gonna take that long to wrap up Persona 3, 4, and 5.

My only conflicted feelings on that is Zelda. I want to play BotW2 on better hardware if that is their plan. But I also want to play BotW2 as soon as possible. I don't care how hard it is to wait, I just really hope BotW2 is tied to new hardware...

Sorry for the absence, y'all. My work-life balance is truly nonexistent, but I hope everyone's doing great. Still slowly working my way through Live A Live, on my 7th chapter now, liking it a lot but not loving it. Hope the endgame is spectacular, then it's Xeno time

Also, how about that latest Better Call Saul episode?
Hope all is good at the least with you

The longer I'm a member of a forum, the more prone I am to posting bad takes. Does anyone else ever feel like that?

The longer I'm a member of a forum, the more prone I am to posting bad takes. Does anyone else ever feel like that?
The more I shitpost, the more likely I am to post a dud of a shitpost, so I kinda get it.

No offense to all of you but I’ve been secretly hoping for the drake to be early next year since I am getting my steam deck in Q4 this year and I rather not spend money on both around the same time period really

That's a wrap on Xenoblade Chroncles 3 after almost exactly 51 hours.

I'll write more in the ST later, but I have no doubt in my mind that this is Monolith Soft's - heck, maybe even Tetsuya Takahashi's - crowning achievement.

On to taking on more apartment cleaning and dishes that I've procrastinated a lot due to binge playing...

Anyone else just miss Nintendo Power? I'm reading the online Nintendo Magazine Summer 2022 online issue (English excerpts, which is shorter than the full Japanese version) and it makes me miss physical Nintendo magazines (official or otherwise).
Nintendo Power was amazing back in the day! It's nice they're on Archive.org though to relieve the memories. They were fantastic! Definitely miss it like you do!

fun fact: none of the characters have hands or know what hands are

so how exactly did Birfday get that patch on their jacket?

you’ll have to play to find out…

Birfday coaches a youth beachyball team in Shorenuff. to challenge them, you’ll first need to beat them at their own game!
I adore everything about that! I really want to find out about the patch now for sure, haha, and I'd let THAT be the advertising campaign itself! :ROFLMAO:

thank you! the timing has taken a lot of work and commitment to the bit.

HjGP1Ui.gif

Speaking on behalf of literally everyone here, with no position to do so, we all greatly appreciate the commitment!

This week I had to miss one of the school programs I teach due to the pain issues I have been having; I found out later that the mentor who filled in for me was someone I taught as a high school student from 2017-2019.
Feeling so freaking proud of them right now.
That is amazing man, congratulations! You've made a big impact!

Trying to think about the mechanical, aesthetic and moral implications of creating a Centaurtaur. i.e. a centaur having the lower body of a centaur with the upper body of another centaur on top of it.
...OH MAN!!! Love it! Mechanically, go for it. Aesthetically, go for it. Morally, don't worry about it! :ROFLMAO:

Also, can they be a source of food and be made into Centartar sauce?

Oh my god I once asked a friend at a retail job we worked to draw a sketch of what she interpreted a centaur would look like if the top half was a human and the bottom half was also human (so a human torso from the waist up starting starting at the shoulders of another human body that walked on all fours)

Funniest goddamn thing I ever saw and I know I still have it; if I could find it I'd scan it for all this thread to enjoy despair over enjoy

She also drew a cocktapus holding dildos and vibrators in each tentacle and fuck if that still doesn't make me laugh every time I see it

syXxMMm.gif

Coming home after two weeks almost entirely without an internet connection

"Oh, I wonder what are the last new– oh no. OH NO. OH NO NO NO NO NO"

Morality of the story, and I think it was @Derachi who said it right here : stay out of the news, it'll make you happier.

Anyway, hope y'all are doing great, and that both Live-A-Livos and Xenoblados are happy. Both of the games are waiting me, but I'm on Future Connected rn.

Alright I worked out the mechanics and the aesthetics, but the morals are up to you:
UGdE81t.jpg
And after @Skittzo has considered the morals:
zqfBLks.jpg

mK5FHTP.gif

Bravo!!! Losing it over here, haha! :ROFLMAO:

@Suswave I am genuinely impressed by your continued horse toppers.
Haha, it's been incredible to witness! I find myself triple checking my post count just to not take the top post on here, and it's making me real nervous, haha! :ROFLMAO:

Damn Klonoa is fantastic.

The way the levels move around a 3D plane with alternate paths with you only pressing left and right is fantastic, makes something that came out in the same gen with similar ideas like Kirby 64 look like amateur hour.
Klonoa is really fun! Did you ever play Tomba 2? I always liked that type of aesthetic you talked about too!

I just saw a trailer for Frogun. I... I don't know, guys. A platformer with PSONE-inspired graphics. This just speaks to me on so many levels. I am going to end up buying it, aren't I.
Speaking of PS1 aesthetics, haha, Frogun definitely has a throwback style! Are you familiar with games from that time? A few reviews make it sound like it plays like something from that time too, which may or may not be your cup of tea! I'm thinking about picking it up too!

So what is all y’alls favorite video game horse? I like Agro from Shadow of the Colossus the most. Epona at number 2.
Ooooh...good ones! Epona is classic, but I really liked the horse from the SNES Harvest Moon. Don't know why, just the only one really coming to mind out of my subconscious right now, haha! :ROFLMAO: Really liked the design style in that game for the time, and they were really useful!

That was me! I bumped 3K in software! You're welcome!
I also definitely contributed to these statistics

a much, much smaller number but still!

oh god, I’m awake

which means…

I guess the good news is that there will be less "Someone remind me, is Koch Media at all associated with the Koch brothers" from now on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom