• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How we didn’t win anything with Griffey, A Rod, Edgar, Buhner, and Randy, plus some other good pieces like Dan Wilson, Jeff Nelson, Norm Charlton is beyond me. One of the biggest wastes of a good team in sports history.
They never got King Felix into a playoff series and should be contracted solely for that reason.

If they do the same thing with Julio Rodriguez, they should be relegated to Triple A so that a different team can have a shot in their place.

They never got King Felix into a playoff series and should be contracted solely for that reason.

If they do the same thing with Julio Rodriguez, they should be relegated to Triple A so that a different team can have a shot in their place.
We certainly wasted a hall of fame career in Felix. I don’t think he gets in because we basically made him throw his arm off and then probably cost him 50 wins with out putrid offense, so the drop off and lack of wins hurts. But for 10 years he was amazing. Have so much hope for Julio, but worried ownership is still only focused on maximizing profit rather than winning.

Teaser before Minions 2 makes some sense but they could also just as well wait until Puss 2
i think Nintendo wants to show the trailer in a Nintendo Direct like with the cast and teaser poster, and I'm pretty sure there's never been a direct in December

i think Nintendo wants to show the trailer in a Nintendo Direct like with the cast and teaser poster, and I'm pretty sure there's never been a direct in December
There has also never been a Mario movie, I wouldnt be surprised if we get a Mario direct in Nov/Dec with trailer for the movie and other Mario projects (including games even if not tied to the movie).

So i bought Celeste because it was on sale, and it's very very pretty, great soundtrack, really nice dialogue, and a fun game overall, though the difficulty spikes are bothering me a bit, ngl
I really struggled with the strawberries being an extra challenge. You don't have to gather them at all to beat the game or anything. They're just extra. But if I see a collectable in a game that I'm enjoying, I'm going to try to get every one of them even if that's a detriment to my enjoyment.

The problem is with me and not the game, but that was my experience with it.

So i bought Celeste because it was on sale, and it's very very pretty, great soundtrack, really nice dialogue, and a fun game overall, though the difficulty spikes are bothering me a bit, ngl
The best part of the design is instant respawn. Keeps you wanting to try the hard parts since you don’t have to repeat a ton. Love this game. Easily in my top 10 on switch.

What's all this with David Wise about? Can't find anything about a controversy, could somebody point me to an article/interview or wherever?
Nothing recent AFAIK, but he's used slurs and just generally been a piece of shit in the past

I really struggled with the strawberries being an extra challenge. You don't have to gather them at all to beat the game or anything. They're just extra. But if I see a collectable in a game that I'm enjoying, I'm going to try to get every one of them even if that's a detriment to my enjoyment.

The problem is with me and not the game, but that was my experience with it.

At first i tried to collect as many strawberries as i could, but later i was just "meh, this looks too hard to get, it's gonna stay there. Whatever". I'm usually not a completionist.

The best part of the design is instant respawn. Keeps you wanting to try the hard parts since you don’t have to repeat a ton. Love this game. Easily in my top 10 on switch.

Yeah, that makes it really addictive. I've played it for hours without even noticing it. It's hard, but smooth at the same time

I know this is meant to be inspiring, but I find it pretty terrifying

Especially given (a large chunk of) the people I know who went to med school
No matter how high you set the standard there has to be someone who met the standard less than anyone else.

even if school is so hard only two people graduate you will still have one doctor who is on paper shittier

I’m like maybe 20-30 hours away from finishing Blue Lions NG+ and I’m trying to decide if I’m gonna do a second save for the NG++ Black Eagles split, or if the secret route is gonna be NG+++.

videogames are good

Goddamn Alexander O. Smith dialogue is just SO delicious. One of the best things about FF12 is the voice acting and localization (well... if you remove Vaan and Penelo). I could just listen to Cid, Balthier, Vossler, Basch, Reddas and co. do nothing but talk for hours.

Goddamn Alexander O. Smith dialogue is just SO delicious. One of the best things about FF12 is the voice acting and localization (well... if you remove Vaan and Penelo). I could just listen to Cid, Balthier, Vossler, Basch, Reddas and co. do nothing but talk for hours.
The reason why Balthier is one of my favourite characters in the world is thanks to Alexander O. Smith and Gideon Emery, its voice actor. Absolutely perfect.

I won’t stand for this Vaan and Penelo slander. I’M CAPTAIN BASCH FROM DALMASCA! DON’T LOSTEN TO ONDORE’S LIES!

No matter how high you set the standard there has to be someone who met the standard less than anyone else.

even if school is so hard only two people graduate you will still have one doctor who is on paper shittier
That's true, but my point was that there's a lot of shitty med students, and a lot of shitty doctors, and there's likely some relationship there

This is my childhood in a single image.

Replace Steve Austin with Randy Savage, and replace Wayne and Garth with Ace Ventura, and that'll be me. ❤️ oooh man, I loved Gak.
Oh and add in Steve Urkel (although technically Jaleel White has some representation there if you count Sonic)

What's all this with David Wise about? Can't find anything about a controversy, could somebody point me to an article/interview or wherever?
I haven't seen him say anything overtly bad, nothing to elevate into like an article or anything, but people who used to follow him have pointed out he's liked/RT'ed anti-BLM, pro-conservative stuff in the past. Which disappoints me because he composed a good chunk of my childhood's soundtrack.

I know this is meant to be inspiring, but I find it pretty terrifying

Especially given (a large chunk of) the people I know who went to med school
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Video games are fucking neat.

Too bad so many people who claim to enjoy them are douche nozzles.
There ya go. 😉

I just put chili in the Crock Pot and now I have to wait a few hours before I can enjoy that for dinner. I was really looking forward to spending that time being incredibly bored while doing nothing, but then I remembered that @Irene RUDELY encouraged us to play video games but making a wonderful backlog challenge thread where they put in a lot of effort and are even keeping the first post updated with everyone's lists and progress. Foolishly, I voluntarily participated in that thread and said I would finish both Tokimeki Memorial AND Policenauts in the next two weeks. Seeing the effort Irene has put in makes me want to commit to the promise, so thanks for ruining my plans, Irene. Instead of staring at a wall until my chili was ready, I'm going to play a video game. 😡

I'm currently playing FFVIIR. I paused my Switch play through of the original to finally play the remake. It's pretty neat visually, but I'm not sure how I feel about the battle system. Also, Jessie is a little bit annoying this time around. It'll be neat to compare this with the original whenever I finish it.

But anyways, we better get a Splatoon 3 blowout at this rumored direct. I'm so hyped for it T___T

There’s an eShop game called Hentai Uni lmao.

The first thing you read is “Hentai Uni- a puzzle game that can be played with one hand”

If P3 Portable really ends up skipping the only portable console on the market I'd be so annoyed lol. Hope they're just holding the announcements for the Direct.

Persona 5 Royal skips Switch but instead Switch is the only console to get Persona 3 FES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom