• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized I can make the skeletal mesh invisible and assign all kinds of animations to static objects attached to various skeletal mesh sockets.

Shit's about to get crazy yo

BAMCO YOU COWARDS WHERE'S SoulCal II HD ON SWITCH

So after the next Direct, who is going to take up the mantle for Team November?

The death of AA games is my least favorite thing about the last 10 or so years. Had some during the 360/ps3/Wii era, but the pool has slowly been evaporating. Indies are picking up some of the gap but not much. Maybe I’m just looking in the wrong places for these.
I feel like Sony in particular just lets indie devs handle it for them, which might be a financially sound and commercially viable option, but which is definitely a bummer for people who like games.

I just realized I can make the skeletal mesh invisible and assign all kinds of animations to static objects attached to various skeletal mesh sockets.

Shit's about to get crazy yo
I understand what you're saying but "various skeletal mesh sockets" is still an unsettling combination of words

Yeah, that (plus all of the other FE-isms) is what convinced me as well. I downloaded the demo (against my better judgement!) and a few mins in I was like "oh no".

This was my exact process. Tbh, I was more or less fine until they announced the Ashen Wolves would be in and dropped the demo immediately after.

You are a wiser man than I am.
Could be worse, I have to spend a week watching an Edelgard playthrough just so I can play the demo XD

I understand what you're saying but "various skeletal mesh sockets" is still an unsettling combination of words
The worst part of these things being called skeletal meshes is the fact that it makes searching through my files for an actual skeleton, like a bone guy, extremely difficult.

The worst part of these things being called skeletal meshes is the fact that it makes searching through my files for an actual skeleton, like a bone guy, extremely difficult.
time to call them “bone daddy”

Assassin's Creed Origins is an RPG but it's a JRPG because you solve 99% of the quests by killing someone or something.

the fact that he was actually concerned about the implications for KH lore by sora getting into smash in one of the most hilarious things i've read in a while.

the fact that he was actually concerned about the implications for KH lore by sora getting into smash in one of the most hilarious things i've read in a while.
Sora in smash is canon on Kingdom Hearts.

Sooo, Xenoblade is canon in KH?

you know what i've been thinking about for a long time now and i kinda don't want a Nintendo EPD Donkey Kong Game if it means no new David Wise music

While I love David Wises work (not his opinions), music is something I never ever worry about when it comes to Nintendo games. It's basically always great and a non SW DK score would most certainly be great

you know what i've been thinking about for a long time now and i kinda don't want a Nintendo EPD Donkey Kong Game if it means no new David Wise music
While I love his music he still is a very problematic man when it comes to politics so if he doesn't come back I won't shed a tear for him.

Nintendo also has more then capable composers themselves and if they really wanna throw a curveball they can include some Kirkhope music.

Of this Sora news is true, Disney should have used their billions to money hat some physical versions of Kingdom Hearts on switch.

Also I don’t necessarily believe this. If Nomura was the roadblock, not Disney, why is there no Amiibo coming? Why was any mention/inclusion of Disney material totally not allowed? Why was the music not allowed to be remixed? I think he’s just placating/not talking down about his business partner here.
Can't both things be true at the same time? Disney wanted Sora in but under really strict conditions (which Nintendo might have not liked at first) and Nomura at the same time had his doubts about adding Sora to Smash

Also I don’t necessarily believe this. If Nomura was the roadblock, not Disney, why is there no Amiibo coming? Why was any mention/inclusion of Disney material totally not allowed? Why was the music not allowed to be remixed? I think he’s just placating/not talking down about his business partner here.
Is no amiibo confirmed? I assume they just haven't caught up to him yet, since Pyra and Mythra were the last ones shown to have one.

Can't both things be true at the same time? Disney wanted Sora in but under really strict conditions (which Nintendo might have not liked at first) and Nomura at the same time had his doubts about adding Sora to Smash
Oh sure, I just mean I don’t think Disney simply just said “go ahead,” it was probably “sure, but we have some reservations.”

Is no amiibo confirmed? I assume they just haven't caught up to him yet, since Pyra and Mythra were the last ones shown to have one.
They showed a screen during… I think it was the Sora reveal? Maybe? Of Sephiroth, Pyra, Mythra and Kazuya, saying “we have plans to make amiibo figures of these fighters.” Sora was absent. Also, in the patch they out-loud called “the final patch,“ dataminers found amiibo data for all fighters up to Kazuya, with Sora having no amiibo data/“figure player” data to speak of. So unless they were lying about any more patches, Sora’s not getting an amiibo.

This guy has been waiting literally more than a century to get into Smash and would make an awesome amiibo.

sm_Hana-11-01.jpg

(I'm not kidding, this was always my dream out of left field pick for Smash)

It's worth noting that Cloud and Hero also didn't come with any music remixes, so the music issue isn't necessarily stemming from Disney. Likewise, while it's certainly plausible that getting the rights to Disney characters would have been a hassle, as far as I know, there's been no confirmation that Disney absolutely forbade any inclusion of them. It could have been Nomura or even Sakurai (the Disney characters being non-video game characters after all) who didn't want to include them or didn't think the difficulty in trying to get them was worth the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom