• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has been waiting literally more than a century to get into Smash and would make an awesome amiibo.

sm_Hana-11-01.jpg

(I'm not kidding, this was always my dream out of left field pick for Smash)
but he's the worst of the brights/lights....

oh my GOD

Oh my GODDDDD PLEASE
The move set potential is so strong. Ribbons to tether grab. A variety of birds to recover. A charge attack where he runs forth on either a deer or a boar. Final Smash Assist from the Pheonix, Sun, and Curtain!

It's worth noting that Cloud and Hero also didn't come with any music remixes, so the music issue isn't necessarily stemming from Disney. Likewise, while it's certainly plausible that getting the rights to Disney characters would have been a hassle, as far as I know, there's been no confirmation that Disney absolutely forbade any inclusion of them. It could have been Nomura or even Sakurai (the Disney characters being non-video game characters after all) who didn't want to include them or didn't think the difficulty in trying to get them was worth the trouble.
Cloud seemed like a holdover issue from Smash 4 (rectified by Sephiroth‘s addition) and Hero’s lack of music remixes is directly thanks to a war crime denier and his ties to JASRAC. I looked into it, and Kingdom Hearts’ music was licensed from Walt Disney Company (Japan), so there probably was a higher than normal licensing cost for that music.

I think you make a really good point about Disney‘s characters being non-Video Game characters. Sakurai seemed VERY keen on not including characters that weren’t originally from games, so that actually makes a lot of sense.

I still wish they could have made an amiibo though haha

This guy has been waiting literally more than a century to get into Smash and would make an awesome amiibo.

sm_Hana-11-01.jpg

(I'm not kidding, this was always my dream out of left field pick for Smash)
Person from a hanafuda card? Or do you mean the frog?

(I definitely think that I'm missing something here, since I don't even know who that is. 😅)

The only date we have from a source is the 29th, but Nate did say it could be the 28th depending on time zone shenanigans.

Shredder's Revenge is part of Target's buy 2 get 1 free deal. So I did the old buy three games and cancel two of them so that I could get Shredder's Revenge for cheaper. I'm proud to say that I will now be getting Shredder's Revenge a month and a half after the digital release and still for more money than the digital release, but at least it comes with a Pizza Hut coupon that I'll never use. 😎

Person from a hanafuda card? Or do you mean the frog?

(I definitely think that I'm missing something here, since I don't even know who that is. 😅)
Yes, the umbrella man would be the main controllable character but similar to Pac-Man, elements from other cards would be utilized for his moves.

Yes, the umbrella man would be the main controllable character but similar to Pac-Man, elements from other cards would be utilized for his moves.
So it was actually that. Because people replied like they knew who that was, I got kinda confused. 😅

Hanafuda is a game (even if not a video game), so they might have a chance. 😉

if you thought hiding rex's butt in the source code was funny on that single page, wait til you find out where it's hidden on the current site

I feel like all I do is show you guys the insane creatures I'm making but what the hell this is so much fun:

3Old9cU.png

d9yuQdv.png

Okay. I’m now believing that we will see the Mario Movie trailer at the upcoming direct.

Why? Guess what movies releases that weekend. Minions: The Rise of Guru.

Trailers don’t usually get revealed during film premiere anymore. Usually a couple days prior so it makes sense to happen then. Yeah the movie is far away, but it wouldn’t be a negative to show it now. They’ll obviously have another trailer and marketing campaign later.

Anyways. My bet is Mario Film trailer.

Be prepared.

Shredder's Revenge is part of Target's buy 2 get 1 free deal. So I did the old buy three games and cancel two of them so that I could get Shredder's Revenge for cheaper. I'm proud to say that I will now be getting Shredder's Revenge a month and a half after the digital release and still for more money than the digital release, but at least it comes with a Pizza Hut coupon that I'll never use. 😎

Same here! I'll play it on Gamepass for a month and then get my physical copy.

The lead is being buried here. "...I thought it would be tough to pull off because it might class with the established lore in Kingdom Hearts and Disney worlds...." Super Smash brothers is now canon to Kingdom Hearts and the Disney Multiverse!!!

Psychonauts.

The Mariners would love to take it back to the '90s since they used to actually make the playoffs then.
How we didn’t win anything with Griffey, A Rod, Edgar, Buhner, and Randy, plus some other good pieces like Dan Wilson, Jeff Nelson, Norm Charlton is beyond me. One of the biggest wastes of a good team in sports history.

Okay. I’m now believing that we will see the Mario Movie trailer at the upcoming direct.

Why? Guess what movies releases that weekend. Minions: The Rise of Guru.

Trailers don’t usually get revealed during film premiere anymore. Usually a couple days prior so it makes sense to happen then. Yeah the movie is far away, but it wouldn’t be a negative to show it now. They’ll obviously have another trailer and marketing campaign later.

Anyways. My bet is Mario Film trailer.

Be prepared.
Teaser before Minions 2 makes some sense but they could also just as well wait until Puss 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom