• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome OP! Happy June everyone. Hopefully we'll get all the announcements our hearts desire!

Why is it that Toad is always the fast character in mario games outside of captain toad where he is slow as molasses?!

Is it the pickaxe?
The backpack?

I want answers

I also want Captain Toad 2
It's genuinely the backpack. It's heavy, weighs Captain Toad down, and prevents him from running or jumping.

eyyyyyyyy merry Junemas

killer thread @Irene

let’s all June so very hard

I can feel it. This is the month that everyone gets to see

that Pikmin 4 was actually Hey! Pikmin. Don’t want to hear anything about those years later NOA statements that it was in development. They will never convince me.
ayyyy pikmin lmao

also I would absolutely love to play the ST avatar smash, look at that fuckin’ lineup

I call @Derachi main

I can't wait to see yet another gimmick no one really wanted that will once again be not as beloved as Mega Evolutions!
As long as it’s not as dumb as “Pokémon, but beeg” then we’re good

forever the co-pilot to our lunacy
Dill Spowser strikes again

Just off the top of your head without doing any math, how many tiles do you guys think would be in a 64x64 grid?

Feels like it should be a few hundred, right?
it’s more

Just off the top of your head without doing any math, how many tiles do you guys think would be in a 64x64 grid?

Lying in bed, sleepy as hell, and from my immediate last post...4096, right?

when eyeballing something I do fivemath in the general region because it’s much easier to do in my head

so 50 x 50 = 2500

therefore 64 x 64 = beeg

I said don't do any math!!!

Yes, I know it's 4096 haha but my first thought when making the grid in my mind was like, "oh, it's probably like 600, 700 max, whatever"

4096 is a ton of objects.
I didn’t do any math, I’m not that smart! I guessed lol

EVERY TIME I see this I lose it

slaps so hard
Big fukken same. It's been my favourite gaming mashup for the longest time since I first heard it, and honestly it comes close to my favourite mashup of all time

didn’t have to before saying “it’s more!”

but I also have haunted brain™ so the abyss’s unknowable knowledge engine should not be taken as baseline

when eyeballing something I do fivemath in the general region because it’s much easier to do in my head

so 50 x 50 = 2500

therefore 64 x 64 = beeg
That's smart. I guess grids are my weak point, I don't really think about them as multiplication, just like oh only 64 rows, can't be that many items in the grid.

Anyway my computer is barely good enough to handle 4096 tiles on a worldmap.
I didn’t do any math, I’m not that smart! I guessed lol
You're a smart guesser!

Yes, I know it's 4096 haha but my first thought when making the grid in my mind was like, "oh, it's probably like 600, 700 max, whatever"

4096 is a ton of objects.
It's a compulsion, I'm sorry 😭 It only really comes in handy doing the math questions in Trivia Murder Party 2 lmfao, but holy shit I can't believe I got it right! And before coffee, no less!

Everyday it gets harder to sleep knowing there are cat supporters out there
Cats are inferior to dogs. But sometimes cats are cool. Just not my cat. She’s got a real “fuck off” attitude and the only time she pays you any attention whatsoever is when she’s hungry.

For real though, I'm becoming more and more convinced over time that the secret to Janeway's success against all odds wasn't very poor writing, it was black coffee daily.

janeway-captain-janeway.gif

I just realized why Flint, the fire type elite four member in DP, has a Drifblim

Drifblim is a hot air balloon

I wonder what my next revelation that’s twenty years late will be

Cats are inferior to dogs. But sometimes cats are cool. Just not my cat. She’s got a real “fuck off” attitude and the only time she pays you any attention whatsoever is when she’s hungry.
This made me think of a sign I saw on a house nearby once.

"BEWARE THE DOG! The cat's a shifty fucker too."

Just read a similar article on The Guardian, but they seem to suggest that early death could be staved off by affluence rather than coffee, and like...yeah, that's fair

But also I don't want to stop putting 3tbsp of hazelnut creamer into my amaretto flavoured coffee that fills my 16oz Superman mug

I'm here for a good time, not a long time, and I just need to be semi-conscious of what's going on around my immediate vicinity

Nothing like a new thread. May Takahashi Claus leave you all something good in your stocking this Not-E3 Month!

Somehow I thought FEWTH was in July not June. Guess I have one game I’m getting this month XD

I hope they show Breath of the Wild 2 during the Pokemon Presents.
Pretty sure there's a "leak" somewhere saying during the pokémon trailer there will be botw2, MP4 and a brand new third party exclusive AAA game. So there's hope....

I hope they show Breath of the Wild 2 during the Pokemon Presents.
when it isn’t shown:

This trailer might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Zelda but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Zelda was expected, they should've cancelled the trailer.

when it isn’t shown:

This trailer might be the biggest insult by a major gaming company in the past decade. I literally screamed "FUCK YOU" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Zelda but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Zelda was expected, they should've cancelled the trailer.
This is top tier pasta. This and the chicken nuggets one are perfection

Just read a similar article on The Guardian, but they seem to suggest that early death could be staved off by affluence rather than coffee, and like...yeah, that's fair

But also I don't want to stop putting 3tbsp of hazelnut creamer into my amaretto flavoured coffee that fills my 16oz Superman mug

I'm here for a good time, not a long time, and I just need to be semi-conscious of what's going on around my immediate vicinity
To be quite honest I usually don't read past the headlines for those things. Like the similar one about cheese eaters.

I just pat myself on the back and continue to eat/drink what I always eat/drink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom