• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Resident Evil 4 and Space MArines II make me want to get an Xbox X / PS5. I lean towards a PS5 but

• It is ugly as sin. For real. I really don't want to buy an oversized router from 2008.
  • There is no way I can get one with these shortages
You will be able to buy these games in 2024 or later if needed so there is not even a reason to rush, especially when it comes to Capcom games that they always do deals really quickly, so if you don’t have a next-gen console day 1 doesnt matter as much especially in RE4 case because is a remake

Last edited:
Man, Resident Evil 4 and Space MArines II make me want to get an Xbox X / PS5. I lean towards a PS5 but

• It is ugly as sin. For real. I really don't want to buy an oversized router from 2008.
  • There is no way I can get one with these shortages
The only way I was able to get one was through Walmart+ and buying a bundle and not going for the console solo. I queued up for a bundle on a web browser and the wait was 7 minutes. I queued up for the solo console on mobile and the wait was 25 minutes. After waiting 15 minutes, it froze at 10 minutes and came back 10 minutes after that saying that consoles had sold out.

Card shark is a lot of fun but I really shouldn’t have played the demo playing through the first hour again kinda sucks

The only way I was able to get one was through Walmart+ and buying a bundle and not going for the console solo. I queued up for a bundle on a web browser and the wait was 7 minutes. I queued up for the solo console on mobile and the wait was 25 minutes. After waiting 15 minutes, it froze at 10 minutes and came back 10 minutes after that saying that consoles had sold out.
Honestly?

Better than I had expected.

:LOL:

Are there any juicy rumors or leaks considering Ninty going on?

I've been pretty much occupied with the end of school year work stuff so I have barely managed to keep up my quest for 100% Arceus and building an actual physical altar for Lechonk.

Also. One day of work before summer vacation. Yay!

Stolen from Era but it’s so good

PopularCloseGerbil-size_restricted.gif

It gave me chills.

how are we
we are we are
the weebs of the naaation

it’s just much easier if it’s just you two, a photographer, your phone for streaming, and you don’t give a fuck about permits
This is true for a lot of things, really

Stolen from Era but it’s so good

PopularCloseGerbil-size_restricted.gif
Okay fine, I lol'ed

Has the Sonic cycle ever come crashing down so fast?
Yes. As soon as they unveiled the Werehog.

She's great in Dread but she's not Elma.
Samus isn’t only a badass in Dread - she’s also a badass in Samus Returns, and Fusion, and Super Metroid, and the Prime series, and all of her games, really!

Looking at Amazon's pre-orders and I'm surprised Violet is outselling Scarlet. Usually the "first version" is the main seller with the exception of Silver outselling Gold but the commonly accepted reason for that is because of Lugia being the focus of the 2nd movie. I guess people really prefer the box legend.

Also unrelated but I saw Switch Sports selling at $39.99 already.

Looking at Amazon's pre-orders and I'm surprised Violet is outselling Scarlet. Usually the "first version" is the main seller with the exception of Silver outselling Gold but the commonly accepted reason for that is because of Lugia being the focus of the 2nd movie. I guess people really prefer the box legend.

Also unrelated but I saw Switch Sports selling at $39.99 already.

Wasn't the digital version always selling for $40? The physical was $50 because it came with the leg strap.

Wasn't the digital version always selling for $40? The physical was $50 because it came with the leg strap.

That is correct.
Oh is it the digital version? I must have accidentally put the digital version on my buy later list because I got a notification it dropped $10.

Edit: I checked and it's the physical version. I guess they dropped the price to match the digital version

Sega should have totally Dimps keep making 2D games, maybe for digital only stores. They could have helped satisfy Sonic fans during this long gap between Forces and Frontiers.

does anyone know how to report on youtube to stop giving me transphobic ads for that awful daily wire show

I’ve got hella nostalgia for Sonic Advance 2 which is ironic because it’s apparently the Advance game people like the least

Also Sonic Battle cause that was the closet I could get to a portable Smash Bros at the time. Even if Sonic Battle was nothing like Smash in any way

I don’t understand why Sonic Team can’t just make a regular ass, polished Sonic Adventure 3 instead of… you know.
Let's be real: at this point they'd find a way to screw that up too.
06 was Adventure 3 anyway, and that game is the absolute pits.

Got me some Zelda music playing while I continue with work from the apartment after leaving early due to continued illness and such.

Weekend's here though; comfort food, snacks, rugby, Mass Effect, and Obi-Wan Kenobi later tonight.

I don’t understand why Sonic Team can’t just make a regular ass, polished Sonic Adventure 3 instead of… you know.

The franchise keeps selling, so it's not like they're in a Metroid situation where they need to go back to the roots to please the fans, they have an audience of kids that always buy the games and would probably be bored by a plain old Sonic game with no bells and whistles.

The franchise keeps selling, so it's not like they're in a Metroid situation where they need to go back to the roots to please the fans, they have an audience of kids that always buy the games and would probably be bored by a plain old Sonic game with no bells and whistles.
They should figure out a way to add thise bells and whistles to a good game. It’s not like Forces was bursting with radical ideas.

Most Sonic entries post-Genesis didnt sell more than 3M copies, the difference between Metroid and Sonic is that Nintendo has more successful franchises to make games so they focus on these franchises, Sega Japan outside of Sonic lacks franchises that sell more than 1M on the West. People tend to overrated how popular/big Sega series are nowadays due to their past as platform holder

Most Sonic games are full of fanservice for the old fans and have a lot of pandering towards them, SEGA knows a huge part of Sonic fans are the old supporters they have had always

Sonic Team needs to be dismantled with the employees absorbed back into Sega proper. It’s time to start over.

I was listening to some light Japanese Jazz Fusion (as I and @Raccoon like to do) and damn

Nintendo really did steal Mute City's iconic melody from T-Square's track "Your Christmas" huh

Also, more sanic gameplay

I know there’s a lot of discourse about shitty friends and such but even as a person who never really liked the Sonic games, I’ve always found the character and enemy design pretty good… but apparently even this was too hard to get right for this game

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that lots of people go to theaters during a global pandemic.
I’m a cheap ass, so I stopped going years ago, but with the people, prices, travel times, I just do digital at home (or red box depending on what I want) and call it good.

Edit: and by people I just mean the deluge of maskless and just sheer number. Not people in general.

I know there’s a lot of discourse about shitty friends and such but even as a person who never really liked the Sonic games, I’ve always found the character and enemy design pretty good… but apparently even this was too hard to get right for this game
Tbh, I had the tab open so I didn't really watch much.

It looked alright, but that was only through snippets here and there with the separate tab open.

Frankly? Sonic is... fine, from what I can tell.

My guess is that there are good games and not-so-good games.

Gotta roll with it, no pun intended.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that lots of people go to theaters during a global pandemic.
One of the advantages of living in a non-English speaking country is that if you go see a movie in its original version, especially in the middle of the day, I’m pretty sure I’ll be the only person in the room. But yeah, the idea of being in a packed theater with a lot of people right now would make me anxious

One of the advantages of living in a non-English speaking country is that if you go see a movie in its original version, especially in the middle of the day, I’m pretty sure I’ll be the only person in the room. But yeah, the idea of being in a packed theater with a lot of people right now would make me anxious
Yeah, I get ya.

It honestly will ebb and flow.

We probably have a few more years down the line, but we're pretty much in the "ebb and flow" stage and past the "initial impact" stage, imho.

But I'm looking forward to going outside more and to various places.

For example: I'm actually thinking of going to a convention.

Never done that before! 😁

I wait until the end of the run to watch a movie I'm interested in and do my best to pick a quiet showing; and then I wear a filtered mask, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom