• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, spinoffs in a different genre than the mainline series specifically tailored for Nintendo plebs are my favourite type of game

Castlevania_Judgement.jpg
Judgement has the best soundtrack of all the castlevania games. Sure it’s mostly just covers, but they are good and the quality is top notch.

yeah, spinoffs in a different genre than the mainline series specifically tailored for Nintendo plebs are my favourite type of game

Resident_evil_the_umbrella_chronicles_uscover.jpg
Soulcalibur_Legends.jpg
Soul Cal Legends was so goddamn weird, but I do appreciate it for helping me understand the backstory in Siegfried becoming Nightmare

Nintendogs is my fav series of Nintendo 'casual' series, I would love to get a new one no matter the platform (Switch or Mobile)

Clamshells are the best for portables but a 7 inch screen clamshell seems weird and uncomfortable to use, they work well when the screen (and console) are a lot smaller

what would you think about Switch Pocket as the next revision, clamshell design like the DS? I think it would do wonders in 2023 along with Nintendogs and Tomodachi Life

matthew-porcaro-switchclampersp.jpg
That's just the Switch Lite but much uglier and worse. No thanks.

I once had an idea for a clamshell that had detents on either side of the screen for analog sticks to fit in when closed. It would look ugly as sin though.

Imagine thinking Capcom would ever make a new Onimusha for Switch...
There is always the chance of Nintendo money, but other than that yes.
This kind of inferiority complex is needless today. This is a 108 million sold console and Capcom made millions off it. This is the right time to dream such things.
Capcom has only released two titles with decent-sized budgets in the Switch lifespan both are part of a series that most mainline entries have sold 4m+ in Japan , so really hard to ignore for Capcom in this case the Switch. Capcom is now focusing on next-gen platforms being the first JP publisher to release a non-platform exclusive that's XS/PS5 exclusive, it's normal to expect Capcom to not release the game on the Switch.

Last edited:
unknown.png

Everytime I remember this I laugh so much, imagine being demoted due to not wanting to make a Mario and Sonic Olympic game and accepting free food 😭
there is a chance it's false but still so funny
edit: Now that I think Mario and Sonic Olympic Games was the best selling Sega game in over a decade (in Japan) this makes it even worst LOL

Last edited:
Ugh that sucks. I'm sorry.

It's really becoming widespread again, people decided to just believe it's gone and she acting accordingly.
No shit. I'm looking over primary candidates in my state and it's a fuckin joke. Even the Democrat candidates have "end all covid restrictions" and "recognize that the pandemic has been over for a long time" and "covid restrictions never should have happened they were put in place to destroy small business" as part of their platform. I swear it feels like I'm being gaslit by a whole fuckin nation

Sorry, @Vash. Hopefully your immune system stampedes right over the virus.

Resident_evil_the_umbrella_chronicles_uscover.jpg
Soulcalibur_Legends.jpg
well.. to be fair, around that time, we still had mainline Resident Evil games on Wii (just not the actual latest games like 5), and Castlevania: The Adventure - ReBirth on WiiWare, which in the end, is much better than both Lords of Shadow games.

(I got nothing on SoulCalibur, they had an exclusive PSP game by that time, for pity's sake)

Nostalgia, and GoT sold well so maybe that made Capcom think there is an audience for 'Samurai' titles (btw I think that there is and that a new Onimusha would do decent numbers 3m ltd)
It was for the sake of the joke, really I’d love a new Onimusha and I think it could sell pretty well on the Switch if they market it well

Everytime I open Famiboards and see smoll chomp chomp (aka ciao ciao) in the corner below, I get a tiny serotonin boost 🥲

Nostalgia, and GoT sold well so maybe that made Capcom think there is an audience for 'Samurai' titles (btw I think that there is and that a new Onimusha would do decent numbers 3m ltd)

There's also the fact that Koei Tecmo and Team Ninja were effectively ruling unopposed in the "dark fantasy action-rpg utilizing Sengoku Japan" genre with their Nioh games, too. And that series would go on to sell 6 million copies over the course of two games' lifetimes.

It's the kind of thing that I don't think Capcom would ignore for too long. Especially when Capcom has such notable history when it comes to "capitalizing" on KT's successes. :LOL:

I brought it up before, not sure it was here or not, but what if Mega Man Taisen was a Smash Bros-like featuring Mega Man characters?

I could see it, but from a different angle. Instead of Smash, make it a 2 v 2 arena fighter in the style of Gundam Vs.

Reason I even entertain such a thing is because a) current Mega Man series producer Kazuhiro Tsuchiya was a producer during the "Capcom-era" of Gundam Vs. and b) ByKing (the current maker of Gundam Vs. during the Bamco) is made up of a number of ex-Capcom talent that left the company about a decade ago. Probably isn't impossible to think that Tsuchiya could call up his old pals at ByKing for work.

Either way, what little we know makes it sound like a Vs. Combat action game of some sort. The earliest leaks talked about the game having its initial release and then a "major update" sometime in 2023. If that doesn't sound like typical Capcom fighting game patterns, I don't know what is!

Valkyria chronicles 4:

Scene: teammate:“ I hate you. You’re a coward. I’m leaving this army” main dude: “I’m sorry 😞

Almost next cutscene: “that was quick thinking. I’ll stay and trust you”

That was some quick development lol. Was expecting this animosity to last at least a few chapters lol.

Oh, how I wish this'd get a modern port. A remaster could look gorgeous.

I could see it, but from a different angle. Instead of Smash, make it a 2 v 2 arena fighter in the style of Gundam Vs.

Reason I even entertain such a thing is because a) current Mega Man series producer Kazuhiro Tsuchiya was a producer during the "Capcom-era" of Gundam Vs. and b) ByKing (the current maker of Gundam Vs. during the Bamco) is made up of a number of ex-Capcom talent that left the company about a decade ago. Probably isn't impossible to think that Tsuchiya could call up his old pals at ByKing for work.

Either way, what little we know makes it sound like a Vs. Combat action game of some sort. The earliest leaks talked about the game having its initial release and then a "major update" sometime in 2023. If that doesn't sound like typical Capcom fighting game patterns, I don't know what is!

I hadn't known that about Tsuchiya! That does make me think it could easily take take influence from Gundam Vs. before anything else.

unknown.png

Everytime I remember this I laugh so much, imagine being demoted due to not wanting to make a Mario and Sonic Olympic game and accepting free food 😭
there is a chance it's false but still so funny
edit: Now that I think Mario and Sonic Olympic Games was the best selling Sega game in over a decade (in Japan) this makes it even worst LOL
Did you have the source of this?

Did you have the source of this?
It was a rumor that leaked one month before Nagoshi was demoted (and this was the first time something related to him being demoted leaked) so people think it's true or at least has some true behind it, the source of course is 5chan so I wouldn't put a lot of weight into it, just something funny I wanted to share.

It was a rumor that leaked one month before Nagoshi was demoted (and this was the first time something related to him being demoted leaked) so people think it's true or at least has some true behind it, the source of course is 5chan so I wouldn't put a lot of weight into it, just something funny I wanted to share.
It's so surreal that I believe it. Everything around Nagoshi isn't normal

I remember reading something about Sony execs meeting with From Soft devs for lunch pretty regularly, but it may have been this instead idk

I wonder if that rumored Red Dead Redemption 1 remaster is still happening? When GTA Trilogy was first rumored some of the leaks also said that other remasters would come (including RDR1) if the Trilogy was successful. The Trilogy sold well but got slammed by fans/critics, so I'm not sure what Rockstar is going to do now.

Managed to do a small social thing but OH BOY has that wiped me out

Tough old time of it with this whole chronic illness transatlantic move thing gang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom