• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's still a lot of that in 4, although it's not as bad. Scouts are somehow both better and worse for a lot of reasons. Especially once you unlock the ability to have a leader unit that's a scout, and can use them to 'buddy up' with another unit and drag them across the map at warp speed, lol.
That ability will help trying to find those dame Aces lol.

So far it’s been easier to find then VC1

That ability will help trying to find those dame Aces lol.

So far it’s been easier to find then VC1
I found the game to be pretty easy in the beginning, but it does ramp up fairly quickly. Once you have all the tools available to you (grenadiers, the APC, leader movement with other units, more orders, etc.) things really take off. And some of the mid-late game levels are really interesting and throw fun ideas and challenges at you. There's still a bit more "just get from point A to point B ASAP" than I'd like, but in and around those levels there's some really good variety.

I don't always hear one track and then immediately have to go to Youtube and listen to the entire OST. But when I do...

it's usually SMT4.

God I am just so tired when it comes to Resident Evil Switch. :(

I just want to know whether or not its happening, if it's canceled just tell me, the endless waiting, fading hope, and ambiguity is just horrible.
Sounds horrific. It appears the Resident Evil franchise is returning to its roots after all.

God I am just so tired when it comes to Resident Evil Switch. :(

I just want to know whether or not its happening, if it's canceled just tell me, the endless waiting, fading hope, and ambiguity is just horrible.
It’s a series that’s thriving and has like 15 entries. If it exists it exists, if it doesn’t, play one of the other games 🤷‍♂️

so, should we expect the announcement of a June direct (if there is one) a few weeks before (like they usaly do when there's an e3) or only a few days before the direct like normal?

so, should we expect the announcement of a June direct (if there is one) a few weeks before (like they usaly do when there's an e3) or only a few days before the direct like normal?
I'm thinking the normal two day warning. There's no need for more this time.

Maybe they’re waiting to show Kirby 64 in their (not) E3 Direct, it is their megaton 64 game 🤔

I have both the Valkyria games on Switch. Never finished the first one though. I need to get back to it one day.
Great games, sucks that 2 is stuck on the psp and 3 never got localize.

As for the franchise, 4 did like a million years ago and who knows what sega deems a success.

Oh I was collecting watermelons in Yoshi’s Story thinking they were the “melons” worth lots of points.

Turns out the melons were the one I wasn’t sure what it was, grapefruit or something.

Very specific question if anyone played this a lot and knows the answer: if you collect the three hearts to unlock more level options in the next world, do they stay unlocked between playthroughs? Or do you need to collect the hearts each time?

Last edited:
I started following gaming stuff around early 2020 so maybe its not new but there are more and more "numbers people" online now, non-professionals. I totally understand wanting to see how X or Y things are doing, gives us a great picture of the market, but are we getting maybe to obsessed? All this week I have seen people thirsty for famitsu numbers. Is it because its fun or because it serves to feed a narrative?

I really don't mind it, I am just really curious how we got here.

I've enjoyed my short time with Mini Motorways so much that I bought Mini Metros, by the same dev, which I never knew was on Switch until I looked up the Mini Motorways dev online.

All this is to say that it's probably too late in the game for the Switch, but the successor desperately needs some sort of "you liked this, try these too, maybe" algorithm and also to not be a total visual mess that takes forever to load the tens or hundreds on sale/new/etc. games that I just want to scroll through and check out.

But reading about Metal Gear Rising makes me think of the OST and I’m like

Oh no there will be blood (BLOOD), shed (SHED)

Its the only thing I’ve ever knoooooowwwwwn

And it will come like a flood of pain
Pouring down on me
And it will not let up
Until the end is here
And it will come through the darkest day
In my final hour
And it will never rest until the clouds are clear
Until it finds my dreams have disappearrrrrr ear ear ear ear ear eared

I’m currently stuck listening to this playing Yoshi’s Story so now you all have to listen to it too.

I started following gaming stuff around early 2020 so maybe its not new but there are more and more "numbers people" online now, non-professionals. I totally understand wanting to see how X or Y things are doing, gives us a great picture of the market, but are we getting maybe to obsessed? All this week I have seen people thirsty for famitsu numbers. Is it because its fun or because it serves to feed a narrative?

It seems that way because the few people who are interested are able to gather in places like this and InstallBase and talk about it

People have always been curious about numbers, I’ve been following the scene since the early 2000s.

I think it is interest and what others mentioned it seems like that cause it is a small bubble.

Also it is interesting because it can show us what games, genres and franchises are doing well. In the past it was used when we had the Wii times where the console wars were rampant (luckily not anymore :p).

Oof, 79,99€ for the Malzeno themed ProCon seems rather steep. I have it on pre-order, but I will have to see about that…

It's mostly speculation to be fair.

Speculation with not base other than IP popular in Japan and low budget. Which both have mean nothing for Capcom support in the Switch, both new games that Capcom released on the Switch were mid to high budget.

I posted it in the anime thread already, but I think I’ve seen some other Mob Psycho 100 fans here. There’s a new trailer for the final season coming in October! Looks cool!

it seems that those games only have temporary exclusivity in exchange for some publicity
I thought they were also helping funding some games, I guess they are only doing so for some games (probably the 'AAA' ones) and the funded games will not just be temporary exclusivity. It's a curious thing to see from Sony still, hope they keep doing it and would love for them to also expand it to other regions like Korea/Taiwan/Vietnam that also have small devs that could benefit a lot from this type of deals.

F.I.S.T. is a stunning game graphically, it will be very interesting to see how they manage to translate it to the Switch.

We've seen some impressive miracle ports on Switch but this one is the most modern and possibly the most advanced one to date, as a crossgen PS5/PS4 title with a focus on pushing graphical fidelity.

The game itself looks interesting too, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it!

Wanted this for a while!

There are a lot of good games coming out of China, though most don't seem to gain much attention outside of Gujian 3, for example. Oh, and Genshin Impact.
The hype for some of the AA/AAA games is quite big, none of them have released yet but they have huge potential, Genshin Impact has opened the doors for Chinese games in the West to succeed outside of cheap mobile games.

The hype for some of the AA/AAA games is quite big, none of them have released yet but they have huge potential, Genshin Impact has opened the doors for Chinese games in the West to succeed outside of cheap mobile games.

Everyone is sleeping on the Sword and Fairy franchise:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom