• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably would piss off the retailers. Isn’t this part of the reason digital is already priced the same, so as to not ruin those relationships?
I think they'd probably get around that by calling them "Nintendo Digital Selects" or some other differently named version, while the regular version is still full price. Maybe the selects version is just for NSO subscribers even.

I'm sure it would still piss off retailers but that relationship will have to change at some point in the future anyway, there's really no way around it.

I think they'd probably get around that by calling them "Nintendo Digital Selects" or some other differently named version, while the regular version is still full price. Maybe the selects version is just for NSO subscribers even.

I'm sure it would still piss off retailers but that relationship will have to change at some point in the future anyway, there's really no way around it.
I feel like the way to do this in a physical retailer friendly way would be to just bring back the Nintendo Switch Online Voucher program.

I feel like the way to do this in a physical retailer friendly way would be to just bring back the Nintendo Switch Online Voucher program.
They would get price matched by retailers again, something Nintendo wants to avoid. In Japan/Europe this doesnt happen so there are vouchers (in Europe case retailers already price games below voucher anyway and in Japan pricing is a mess but they dont match vouchers)

I know a lot of people get salty with their entertainment but damn, this summer, June through September, is packed for me. Obi Wan Kenobi, Westworld Season 4, Ms. Marvel, Thor Love and Thunder, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, House of the Dragon, Made in Abyss Season 2, Xenoblade 3, The Devil is a Part Timer Season 2, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, Splatoon 3.

I think you might hear phrases like "this is the model that you already know whether or not you want it" in reviews. It's not gonna be for (or priced for) everyone, but those looking for the best possible Switch experience and willing to spend to get it. I think? Again, these are all my predictions, and I don't know jack.
You're not wrong, I believe that with all my soul too. I guess part of me is thinking if I say/type out loud that I will not so willingly open up my wallet for Nintendo...but I know me, and I know I won't be able to willingly ignore this even if my launch Switch is still in perfectly good working order lol

I know a lot of people get salty with their entertainment but damn, this summer, June through September, is packed for me. Obi Wan Kenobi, Westworld Season 4, Ms. Marvel, Thor Love and Thunder, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, House of the Dragon, Made in Abyss Season 2, Xenoblade 3, The Devil is a Part Timer Season 2, The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power, Splatoon 3.
It's a great time to be a nerd, for sure.

Next wave of MK8 maps should be this summer too.

Boba Fett was done well in The Book of Boba Fett.

There, I said it.
Ah, you said it, but could you expand on it?

"done well"

the-book-of-boba-fett-chapter-1-highlights-boba-dragged-through-tatooine-398632.jpg

you're not wrong
How would you like your Fett prepared?
Well-done, please.​

I'm not.

Boba Fett in the old EU had confused character trajectory and development.

Also, he was written as a badass. He isn't. Not in the way people think of him or what he should be (IMHO). Well, to be honest, this is more of my opinion, but him being a stone-cold killer (oh, but he's actually good, trust me!) like the comics or old books just wouldn't work.
Ah, my deficiency here is that I'm not particularly well-versed in the Star Wars EU, though I do understand it could be rather sloppy at times.

So I guess the issue at hand is less what did the old EU do poorly, though I suspect that could be a discussion on its own, more what did Book of Boba Fett do well?

If I recall, there wasn't really enough work done with the character to say he was done well in the show -- the whole show seemed more like it was moving pieces around than exploring a character. Even the setup with the Tuskens and then to the Mod Squad could have been tied to Boba's journey to this point -- where his family was taken from him as a child and a core desire since has been in finding a place to belong (consider falling in with Jango's old crowd, for instance). This comes immediately to mind because of how clearly it's set up and then basically ignored, with no indication anything to do with this theme was ever intended. Just setting up and moving pieces.

It's not definitive of course. For starters this is just a forecast. Also the ASP will definitely rise in part due to a higher proportion of sales being OLED model and more people buying digital/NSO expansion subs.

But that post does make a compelling case that those factors alone really wouldn't make up that large of a gap.
weren't you the one who didn't want to make any extrapolations regarding hardware timing from the financial forecasts

By the grace of the gods, I have finally upgraded my version of AutoCAD and reconnected with the license. Now I can finally open up the file and to make the one measurement I needed to make for the past 3 hours!

weren't you the one who didn't want to make any extrapolations regarding hardware timing from the financial forecasts
There's a difference between extrapolating from a partial, leaked hardware shipment forecast and extrapolating from the full set of official numbers Nintendo release, which gives much more data to extrapolate from, including revenue and profit guidance.

I'm not sure what Capcom will have for Switch after Sunbreak. AA7 and RE2-3 remakes for Switch Pro are the best bets. I suspect whatever this Megaman game is, it probably was internally cancelled. They didn't make the same mistake twice as in MML3 so they didn't reveal the game before development. It most likely was something other than MM12 or MMX9.

They seem to be more into retro collection rather than remastering recent games like Viewtiful Joe or Asura's Wrath. I don't expect either of them or stuff like Lost Planet or Haunting Grounds to come back, but even more retro stuff shouldn't be out of question. We got Fighting Collection, they still have gajillion retro games to put in such compilations.

On top of my head:
  • SNK vs Capcom collection
  • Marvel Collection
  • Breath of Fire Collection
  • Mickey's Magical Quest Trilogy
  • Final Fight Trilogy
  • Disney Afternoon Vol 2 (Goof Troop!)

I suspect whatever this Megaman game is, it probably was internally cancelled.
Why ? The new Megaman is slated to release in the third quarter of 2022 according to the Capcom Ransomware attack. They could still announce it in the June direct.

I'm excited to see more of Sonic Frontiers

how is that game gonna work? what is it even gonna look like? i'm so curious

51mH3d0DZ9L._AC_.jpg

ahem

Imagine Party Babyz
It's easy if you're sad
No mom below us
Above us only dad
Imagine Party Babyz
Living for today... Aha-ah...

Imagine there's no naptime
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to fall asleep for
And no diapers, too
Imagine Party Babyz
Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a baby
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And we'll all party as one

I expect nothing from Capcom bar the MH/AA/Megaman trio and collections. If it really is a Switch title I will love it but dont expect it. Also kinda funny the quoted user comments on DMC5 when MH:Rise looks better than DMC5 on PC both ofc

Also another comment of treating like Switch isnt the console market in Japan when they will learn…

Last edited:
Wooooo implemented random loot drops with barely a hitch. Won't be long now before I have a real demo for y'all!

I refuse to believe Capcom is making a Switch exclusive/focused Onimusha. I'm still skeptical as hell about the rumored Switch Resident Evil.

I'd be chuffed to get any out of Switchimusha, Reswitchdent Evil, or Mega Switch from Capcom.

(using magical language to try and force the reality into existence)

Why ? The new Megaman is slated to release in the third quarter of 2022 according to the Capcom Ransomware attack. They could still announce it in the June direct.
Wait, is this true? I thought it was a 2020 title and assumed it was cancelled.
I refuse to believe Capcom is making a Switch exclusive/focused Onimusha. I'm still skeptical as hell about the rumored Switch Resident Evil.
Capcom did make an exclusive tactics spinoff for GBA though. A Switch exclusive Onimusha wouldn't be the most unusual thing.

I expect nothing from Capcom bar the MH/AA/Megaman trio and collections. If it really is a Switxh title I will love it but dont expect it. Also kinda funny the quoted user comments on DMC5 when MH:Rise looks better than DMC5 on PC both ofc

Also another comment of treating like Switch isnt the console market in Japan when they will learn…
According to the Capcom Fiscal report, they are planning to increase their japanese sales this fiscal year. So they're planning to release games that are appealing to the japanese audience. The Switch being the market leader, i'm pretty sure they have big games coming to the console.
if they were relying on PlayStation to increase their domestic sales it would be really weird.

According to the Capcom Fiscal report, they are planning to increase their japanese sales this fiscal year. So they're planning to release games that are appealing to the japanese audience. The Switch being the market leader, i'm pretty sure they have big games coming to the console.
if they were relying on PlayStation to increase their domestic sales it would be really weird.
Sunbreak+Catalog sales+PS games should be enough to reach their sales. MH:Rise released late FY 2020 so it didnt help boost a the sales as expected from a MH Switch title of neither FY20 or FY21 but gave both a great boost, now almost all sales of Sunbreak will go to FY22, that should boost the sales quite a lot. Capcom commitment to the Switch outside of MH:R has been the worst of any publisher in Japan even Bamco or Sega suport Switch more.

Last edited:
Think of the meltdowns that would happen in a new Onimusha was Switch exclusive/focused. A lot of people who never played the previous games but suddenly come interested would be very angry.

I brought it up before, not sure it was here or not, but what if Mega Man Taisen was a Smash Bros-like featuring Mega Man characters?

Onimusha 1 and 2 were the only millon sellers in japan during PS2/NGC/XB era. Buisiness wise, it makes (a little) sense to try to go foward japanese market for the console leader (by very far).

The only thing concerned is Dusk comment about budget, but that maybe is a bit relative/subjective. Ideally, a new Onimusha title would be a third person action title with puzzles like old resident evil titles. Action would be less frenetic than devil may cry games.

and btw, I don't think it will be switch exclusive (the same applies to ace attorney 7 or that resident evil title). At least a PC and PS4/5 SKU is the minimum expectation. It can happen a scenario of timed exclusive like mh rise, but that will only happen if nintendo has put money.

yeah, spinoffs in a different genre than the mainline series specifically tailored for Nintendo plebs are my favourite type of game

Resident_evil_the_umbrella_chronicles_uscover.jpg
Soulcalibur_Legends.jpg
Castlevania_Judgement.jpg

I liked how Namco turned their fighting game into an adventure game while Konami turned their adventure game into a fighting game. I liked Castelvania Judgement because I hate fighting games but I absolutely stomped my fighting game loving friends in it.

Capcom using Switch as a lead platform for some titles makes a lot of sense, especially for mid-budget titles; which is probably why Onimusha will target the Japanese market, have a huge budget, and be PS5 exclusive in Japan.

Capcom using Switch as a lead platform for some titles makes a lot of sense, especially for mid-budget titles; which is probably why Onimusha will target the Japanese market, have a huge budget, and be PS5 exclusive in Japan.
It can have a small budget but still be PS5 exclusive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom