• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just beaten Burenia shinespark puzzle after like a hundred tries and now i'm laughing like a lunatic and throwing punches in the air. This feels so good, holy crap

Boy my allergies are brutal. Helped my parents put the furniture on their deck, got an endless runny nose for my good deed.

Tbh, a Musou like what we initially expected would have been kinda shit. Should have been a "proper" action RPG if they wanted to do a story like that 🤷‍♂️
Non-musou Fire Emblem and Zelda spin-offs pls. Cadence of Hyrule was excellent.

Don't get me wrong, I like the musous, but there's real potential here for other things.

Or just let Monolith make a new fantasy action rpg...

Don't get me wrong, I like the musous, but there's real potential here for other things.

Musous spin-offs of known franchises sell amazing especially in Japan, so for Nintendo/Koei there is little reason for them to not keep doing them. Nintendo also probably would struggle to find a partner more reliable than Koei (imo there is no more reliable partner for Nintendo at least during Switch era) when it comes to producing games for them so they just play it safe

Is there any downside to me applying for an Epic Megagrant? At the very least enough to cover actually getting me a decent PC that can run UE4 for more than 2 hours before it crashes?

I'll take the Impa Gaiden of my dreams any day...

I read a lot of people here have bad days and stuff. I just wanna say I hope it gets better.

And that’s another from the backlog

Next up Control, Shenmue, Shenmue II on PS4 and on Switch Disco Elysium
Of course I can't tell you what to play, but Shenmue aged so badly. Like, look up the story on youtube and play a Yakuza-game instead I'd say lol

And that’s another from the backlog

Next up Control, Shenmue, Shenmue II on PS4 and on Switch Disco Elysium
Glad to see that you'll play Shenmue and Shenmue II. I didn't play them until the PS4 versions came out in 2018 and I adored both games. The first is now one of my favorite games of all time and the second was wonderful as well. Shenmue III was poo poo, sadly. 😢 However, I like the first two games so much that I'll still play a Shenmue IV and V and VI and whatever else gets made.

It shows Anakin's arrogance but it also show's Obi-Wan's. Based on what was happening throughout the whole fight, there was no reason for Obi-Wan to believe that it was over and that he had one right then and there.

But you're completely misunderstanding Obi-Wan's motivation for saying "it's over".

He wasn't being arrogant. He was giving Anakin an easy out. He didn't want to hurt him, so he was practically begging Anakin to end the fight.

That's what killed it for me. If it had been marketed as a "fanservice-y musou romp through the events 100 years before BOTW that will mess with the timeline and get wacky but let you have fun with lots of characters, and it'll change things, not be serious and mostly just be a fun time" kinda thing, then I wouldn't have minded (because I probably wouldn't have bought it, lol).

Instead, they kept a lot of the wackier fanservice-y stuff a secret, and so those of us that REALLY wanted a deeply tragic, depressing, let's-watch-everyone-die-as-everything-fails-and-the-world-starts-going-to-shit story were deeply disappointed. We'd still get that glorious scene of Zelda awakening her powers and then there's a small sliver of hope as the game ends and leads into BOTW-proper, too.

I'm still a little annoyed at what could have been, but I'm mostly over it now. I don't fault the game for what it is, it's just not at all what I wanted.
Same here. I was incredibly excited to play through a prequel, and did not expect a game that would retcon the very story I wanted to experience. Good game, bit not what I wanted. But I have friends who loved it and I'm glad it clicked with a lot of people. Those characters deserved the spotlight they got.

But you're completely misunderstanding Obi-Wan's motivation for saying "it's over".

He wasn't being arrogant. He was giving Anakin an easy out. He didn't want to hurt him, so he was practically begging Anakin to end the fight.
Yep. You can hear it in his voice. Because despite the wonky script, Ewan is a good actor.

Even Natalie is obviously great, she just had to deal with a cumbersome script and Lucas' famously non-directional directing style. I'm actually really excited to see what Hayden can do (since he caught the brunt of the hate in the acting department) under the direction of The Mandalorian's Deborah Chow. Granted, I'm not sure how that's gonna work because obviously James Earl Jones has to do the voice, so I dunno how they'll have Hayden be anything other than a glorified body double in a suit. I'm really rooting for Hayden's Vader to get a redemption here.

I hate days where I'm this tired and ill because basic decision making is super hard. Gonna lay out some snacks and find something to watch while grazing.

I had a very hard time experiencing Shenmue for the first time as well. It's a history lesson of sorts, but it was dull as bricks for me.

I need them to keep making Nintendo Musou because I love them, but I also want to see Team Ninja make a Nioh style RPG with a Nintendo IP

I want the musou team to be free so they can try to approach western ips... So we can get closer to getting my dream true Asterix Musou game.

And yeah, Nintendo reaching for more indie teams to make stuff with their ip is also on my dream stuffs

The intro of 99,99% of videogames: "The world has come to and end"/"a great tragedy has befallen upon human kind"/"the end is here"/"tragedy struck"/"we couldn't go on anymore"/"sadness prevails"/"there is no other way"/ "we must start a new..."

The intro of like most Mario games: "I baked you a cake. Please come visit me at the castle. Love, Peach"

😂

one more day without FFXIV on Xbox... please square enix hurry up

tbh I just need a PS5 for Final Fantasy 16 and Intergrade. I'm not interested in anything else.

I want the musou team to be free so they can try to approach western ips... So we can get closer to getting my dream true Asterix Musou game.

And yeah, Nintendo reaching for more indie teams to make stuff with their ip is also on my dream stuffs
The issue with western Musous is that Musous are a lot more popular in Asia/Japan than elsewhere, 80% of Koei sales come from Asia (incl Japan) . So they are focused on IPs that are big there like Nintendo’s or anime IPs, while I’d imagine they want to work on Western IPs (they have said they want to make a Star Wars musou) I’d imagine is not high priority, also Nintend musous will keep existing so the team will never be free of them lol

I understand Obi-Wan but again, he declares that it's over even though the dynamic of the fight hasn't change (in a way that makes sense). They are evenly matched throughout and they are still evenly matched up to the very end. Nothing in the dynamic of the fight has changed to swing things considerably in Ob-Wan's favor. It's at stalemate other than Obi-Wan having the high ground but based on what we saw throughout the fight, that shouldn't be a substantial advantage. That's the fundamental issue with the scene.

I have been thinking that if another Fire Emblem spin off game were made, I would like a Zelda like adventure game.

Well knocked out these 2 and the storm troopers today. Gotta top coat these then outside of the ATST and boba I got as an add on, I’m done
IMG_5111.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg

Will definitely take a pic of everything after I top coat today’s batch in the next day so

Yo how's Famerica spending Memorial Day?

I might head out in the morning if I feel well, but today being a write off means I need to rearrange a bunch of stuff and so there's errands and work that needs taking care of tomorrow.

The issue with western Musous is that Musous are a lot more popular in Asia/Japan than elsewhere, 80% of Koei sales come from Asia (incl Japan) . So they are focused on IPs that are big there like Nintendo’s or anime IPs, while I’d imagine they want to work on Western IPs (they have said they want to make a Star Wars musou) I’d imagine is not high priority, also Nintend musous will keep existing so the team will never be free of them lol
Funny thing is that they are the ones usually getting asked for to create the musou. One Piece musou was pitched by Bamco producer, and in turned they used that as demo for what would become Hyrule warriors. I just was reading and interview regarding how Touken Ranbu Musou was pitched, and KT wanted to do an online adventure game (which make senses with the mobile game origin) and Nitro Plus was like "Aren't you the company that makes musou?? Make a musou then"

Funny thing is that they are the ones usually getting asked for to create the musou. One Piece musou was pitched by Bamco producer, and in turned they used that as demo for what would become Hyrule warriors. I just was reading and interview regarding how Touken Ranbu Musou was pitched, and KT wanted to do an online adventure game (which make senses with the mobile game origin) and Nitro Plus was like "Aren't you the company that makes musou?? Make a musou then"
To be fair One Piece Warriors was after Gundam Warriors success so it makes sense for Bamco to pitch it, I want to see what Omega Force/Team Ninja would make with Nintendo IPs if they weren’t Musous though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom