• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if you folks care about this or not but Metronomik creators of No Straight Roads are working on a Zelda like game:

Not too sure how legit this is considering

Nintendo already confirmed that more characters are coming but ten more seems like a lot

you know, I hope the Mario movie is to illumination what spider-verse was for sony animation
I see what you mean, but Sony Pictures had great artists, a good work environment and made some great movies before Spider-Verse (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is a masterpiece, The Pirates! is very fun, Arthur Christmas had some excellent reviews and is now regarded as a Christmas classic, and while I never saw it I've heard great things about the Hotel Transylvania movies). Illumination has much more to prove and I'm pretty pessimistic considering everything I've heard about them.

Last edited:
you know, I hope the Mario movie is to illumination what spider-verse was for sony animation
8%2Bball%2B-%2Bdont%2Bcount%2Bon%2Bit.png

All this talk about shorter RPGs when I deliberately stretched out my current Xenoblade playthrough. I’m at 80 hours now at the head of the Mechonis.

Gonna attempt to spread my Stranger Things viewing out... I think. One episode later tonight. braces self for binge urges

Man I forgot how exhausting it is being outside in the sun all day.

Carrying a 25lb diaper bag on my back and a 25lb baby on my front doesn't help I guess.

In Mass Effect 1 Kaiden Alenko is the same age as I am now. When I first played Mass Effect 1, I was 14 years younger than him. Why hasn't he aged?

Also I'm already having the conversation where the game wants me to know if I'm interested in him but well, once you go blue, nothing else will do.

In Mass Effect 1 Kaiden Alenko is the same age as I am now. When I first played Mass Effect 1, I was 14 years younger than him. Why hasn't he aged?

Also I'm already having the conversation where the game wants me to know if I'm interested in him but well, once you go blue, nothing else will do.
Same voice as Carth Onasi from the first kotor as well

Same voice as Carth Onasi from the first kotor as well
Yeah, I remember that! He's fresh in my mind because I did KOTOR in January.

Also Ashley Williams is sometimes detestable. Just asked my FemShep if she should ask Liara about her sex life? Why?

I know who's getting left behind on Virmire.

I watched Avatar for the first time ever.

It was good. But not something I’ll want to rewatch nor really remember much. But time well spent. Don’t think I’ll catch the sequel in theaters, will probably wait for streaming in the future.

The first episode of Stranger Things is so good. This show is fantastic.

I watched Avatar for the first time ever.

It was good. But not something I’ll want to rewatch nor really remember much. But time well spent. Don’t think I’ll catch the sequel in theaters, will probably wait for streaming in the future.

I saw Avatar in theaters three times, and probably saw it a dozen times since then. The magic has worn off some for me, but Avatar is a very special movie. I was just out of high school when it came out, and I think it was for me what Star Wars was for people back when it came out.

The Obi-Wan Kenobi TV show has got me a bit nostalgic. While the overall opinion of the quality of the prequel trilogy is split, to put it lightly, I think that era of Star Wars has a special place in a lot of people in their late 20s to mid 30s. The movies were the centerpieces but there were a ton of other Star Wars media and products that come along with them. There was of course toys and videogames prior to the prequels but the release of the prequel movies sent things into overdrive. I believe that is when Lego first started doing Star Wars kits. There videogames based on the prequels but other extended universe stuff like KOTOR. The Lego Star Wars videogames were born in this era. As a kid, you wanted to be a Jedi for Halloween. You wanted those cheap lightsabers that lit up. In many ways, it was Pokemania where the reach of the brand extended far beyond the original product. Since the movies were released fairly far apart, the Star Wars mania lasted for around 6 years which was a pretty lengthy amount of time.

You kinda had to be there to understand it. The prequels are not great movies. But a lot of people have good memories attached to them and the other things they brought along.

For once, i agree like 90% with Arlo's last video. I think he's not considering the effects of covid on BOTW2's development and the game will probably have a lot more than BOTW's original map, but my hype for the game is basically dead right now (though i of course respect those who still feel hyped about it)
Kinda hard to stay hyped for something we just don’t know anything about

“Its a sequel to one of the best games ever” can only sustain hype for so long. We really need to so more from it soon. The small snipits over the past three years have really told us nothing.

if it really is gonna come out some time first half next year we should really get a good detailed look at soon

Personally I think the game and switch pro/2 or whatever are so shrouded in mystery because they want to just do with them what they did with the OG switch and launch them both together at the same time. It worked so well last time why not just like, do that again?

The Obi-Wan Kenobi TV show has got me a bit nostalgic. While the overall opinion of the quality of the prequel trilogy is split, to put it lightly, I think that era of Star Wars has a special place in a lot of people in their late 20s to mid 30s. The movies were the centerpieces but there were a ton of other Star Wars media and products that come along with them. There was of course toys and videogames prior to the prequels but the release of the prequel movies sent things into overdrive. I believe that is when Lego first started doing Star Wars kits. There videogames based on the prequels but other extended universe stuff like KOTOR. The Lego Star Wars videogames were born in this era. As a kid, you wanted to be a Jedi for Halloween. You wanted those cheap lightsabers that lit up. In many ways, it was Pokemania where the reach of the brand extended far beyond the original product. Since the movies were released fairly far apart, the Star Wars mania lasted for around 6 years which was a pretty lengthy amount of time.

You kinda had to be there to understand it. The prequels are not great movies. But a lot of people have good memories attached to them and the other things they brought along.
The thing about the prequel movies is, while they are not great, they were greatly expanded by the Clone Wars animated movies and shows. Also, comics, books, etcétera. Tie all that up, and it's really good.

So I wanted to play some games tonight but instead am drawn into the whole Mormon momtok drama where a few mormon ladies were outed as swingers and it turns out the mormon community is like one big horny community idk lol

Rabbithole starts here:

Utah Mormons are waaaayyy hornier than you'd think. They are the reason I know the term "soaking" unfortunately

Agreed.

My Star Wars fandom was at its peak then for all the reasons you mentioned.

Then from Last Jedi on is my fandom at it’s lowest. Sequel Trilogy and Disney Star Wars in general beat the original trilogy nostalgia to death so hard that anything prequel related at all feels like a breath of fresh air. Theres a lot more interesting worlds/ideas to re-explore there to beyond just nostalgia bait. Like theres stuff from the prequels i want to see more of in movies or shows that are like, actually really good lol.

Yeah, I remember that! He's fresh in my mind because I did KOTOR in January.

Also Ashley Williams is sometimes detestable. Just asked my FemShep if she should ask Liara about her sex life? Why?

I know who's getting left behind on Virmire.

Ashley is the worst squad mate in all three games, a total makeearthgreatagain type
Kaiden is super boring though, all I remember about him are his dumb headaches because of old biotics or something
Still better than Jacob but pretty boring

Nintendo already confirmed that more characters are coming but ten more seems like a lot

I see what you mean, but Sony Pictures had great artists, a good work environment and made some great movies before Spider-Verse (Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is a masterpiece, The Pirates! is very fun, Arthur Christmas had some excellent reviews and is now regarded as a Christmas classic, and while I never saw it I've heard great things about the Hotel Transylvania movies). Illumination has much more to prove and I'm pretty pessimistic considering everything I've heard about them.
And lets not forget it is a mario film. Theres not even 5% of potential of a spiderman film, plz tone those expectations down lmao.

And illumination is the worst of the mainstream studios, there is nothing outside of their very first film that can be considered good. Sony had Genndy Tartakovski, spiderverse was coming directly from Dreamworks veterans and etc

The "other things they brought along" is probably the big thing for me at least. My first major exposure to Star Wars was The Clone Wars, and I still hold that that and Rebels are basically the peak of any Star Wars content that I've seen (so mostly just those and the films, haven't played many of the video games). Which is probably mostly nostalgia talking, but still

I do think the Prequel Era is by far Star Wars at its most interesting (canon) setting. There's something just more interesting to me about a war between mostly equal parties compared to the upteenth "upstart rebellion takes on evil empire" setting. You can do a lot more varied plot setups with the former, as the Clone Wars showed imo. It also feels like it takes the most advantage of the galactic scale of the, you know, Star Wars.

I still think Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is a legitimately good Star Wars movie. I say this as someone who didn't like Episode II: Attack of the Clones. It's not a great movie like Empire Strikes Back or A New Hope, but it's extremely entertaining.

Episode III is action-packed from beginning to end. It's never a boring movie. Out of all the prequels, it's the only one I enjoy re-watching.

Episode III is an all time quotable movie. The sheer confidence the actors say some really awkward lines while taking everything that is happening 100% seriously really stands out against the cynical tongue & cheek approach to writing marvel/comic book movies or w/e now.

I still think Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is a legitimately good Star Wars movie. I say this as someone who didn't like Episode II: Attack of the Clones. It's not a great movie like Empire Strikes Back or A New Hope, but it's extremely entertaining.

Episode III is action-packed from beginning to end. It's never a boring movie. Out of all the prequels, it's the only one I enjoy re-watching.
Revenge of the Sith would be a masterpiece if it had a better script. So many good ideas.

When I did my re-watch of the trilogy last week I was really surprised how much of a jump in quality Episode III felt like over I and II, almost immediately. For all the awkwardness and goofy stuff in that trilogy, they sure nailed the landing.

Stranger Things time! Gonna try one episode a weekend...

Revenge of the Sith is clumsy, but operatic. I really like it.

I want to rewatch all of Stranger Things and the prequel trilogy and Batman the Animated Series. And also still have time to play RPGs.

I need to be able to live without sleep.

Revenge of the Sith would be a masterpiece if it had a better script. So many good ideas.
Better script and better character arcs, overall.

The Clone Wars show was a necessary thing to help a lot of these characters grow in ways that three movies alone could never do. It's the big reason why I think sci-fi/sci-fantasy attributes itself well to serialized distribution, any why I'm glad Disney+ and Paramount+ exists for Star Wars and Star Trek alike.

It's the big reason why I think sci-fi/sci-fantasy attributes itself well to serialized distribution
There was quite a bit of talk at Star Wars Celebration about how Lucas believed that as well, and had been trying to get Star Wars tv shows off the ground for years back before streaming made it viable.

You know, Aloy, we really are the Forgotten West.
So how is this game. Feels like it came and went. And I Don’t think it was a Elden ring thing. The original had a long discussion even with BOTW.

Might just be because it’s a sequel. The element of surprise is gone which matters a lot in talks.

I should play the first. Got it for 5 bucks with all the DLC lol

There was quite a bit of talk at Star Wars Celebration about how Lucas believed that as well, and had been trying to get Star Wars tv shows off the ground for years back before streaming made it viable.
Mmmhmm!

Hence why the CW show was so important to him, he was funding it himself. He believed that eventually the tide would turn, and while he isn't the point person anymore, it's got to be a good feeling to know he was so very right.

And meanwhile, I'm just glad I don't have to put up with Cartoon Network or Disney XD's cockamamie scheduling, any longer just to catch these shows!

So how is this game. Feels like it came in went. And I Don’t think it was a Elden ring thing. The original had a long discussion even with BOTW.

Might just be because it’s a sequel. The element of surprise is gone which matters a lot in talks.

I should play the first. Got it for 5 bucks with all the DLC lol
because it didn't really do anything that different from the first game and what was different wasn't that noteworthy

The high ground scene from Revenge of the Sith could have been 90% fixed if the script just Obi-Wan injure Anakin just prior. Like maybe his lightsaber grazed Anakin's leg. Then you could have Obi-Wan jump to the high ground with Anakin having a limp before he attempts the jump.

Kids these days don't want Horizon: Forbidden West. They want Bomb Rush Cyberfunk. Or maybe that's just me.

because it didn't really do anything that different from the first game and what was different wasn't that noteworthy
At least it was well received. And definitely gonna be a huge seller at the end of it all.

We’ll be interesting to see BOTW 2 tries to be noteworthy.

With Sony having next week and Microsoft having the week of June 12th, wonder if Nintendo slides in the middle and has the direct the week of June 5th

I haven't played Forbidden West but having played some of their other games, Guerilla are technical wizards but their game design is pretty derivative of other works. Now some of them are still really well made derivatives but I don't think their games push any significant new or innovative ideas. Horizon had some interesting ideas with the focus on the bow and traps but the ways Aloy can interact with the open world aren't much more than what you see in a typical Assassin's Creed game.

The high ground scene from Revenge of the Sith could have been 90% fixed if the script just Obi-Wan injure Anakin just prior. Like maybe his lightsaber grazed Anakin's leg. Then you could have Obi-Wan jump to the high ground with Anakin having a limp before he attempts the jump.
I always thought Obi-Wan got Anakin, because Anakin was going to try a similar move to the one Obi-Wan used to kill Maul, but Obi-Wan is no spring chicken.

I always thought Obi-Wan got Anakin, because Anakin was going to try a similar move to the one Obi-Wan used to kill Maul, but Obi-Wan is no spring chicken.

You see, I think you put more effort into thinking about it than George Lucas did. He probably just needed a way to end the battle so he had Obi-Wan get on the high ground because it's usually the better position to be in during the battle. I doubt he was trying to call back to the Darth Maul fight. The reason why the scene is ridiculous because you just spent the last 20 minutes watching the both of them jump really high place to place.

You see, I think you put more effort into thinking about it than George Lucas did. He probably just needed a way to end the battle so he had Obi-Wan get on the high ground because it's usually the better position to be in during the battle. I doubt he was trying to call back to the Darth Maul fight. The reason why the scene is ridiculous because you just spent the last 20 minutes watching the both of them jump really high place to place.
See I always thought it was to show that Anakin's hubris got the best of him. Obi-Wan said not to try it, he tried it, and he just didn't get quite high enough. Anakin was undone by his arrogance, which is exactly what three whole films have been building up to.

No, it doesn't hold up if you see all the Force jumpery that had been going on prior, but as a story beat it's dead-on. Yes, that explanation is just "because plot," but it wouldn't be the first time Lucas' stories because-plot'ed all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom