• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers sure was something

Are we talking it was something as in Roger Rabbit good or it was sure something like Cool World lol

Or worse… was it a bunch of memes and pop culture references starring Chip n Dale? You know… for the kids!

I'd take DK from EPD 8 over new Mario this year purely because new 2D and 3D Mario from EPD is inevitable.

Announce the games, Nintendo. ANNOUNCE THE GAMES

There's already Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in China and Mario+Rabbids Gold Edition was released in February of this year, so they already had DK representation before this new trademark.
MonkEPD this year, I want to believe.

I honestly don't know what to think about this trademark. Could be a really big deal or nothing at all. Hopefully it's the former.

I doubt the trademark actually means anything (like someone else said it could be for Mario Strikers) but I’ve always believed there was a DK game in the works. Could be a good game to release in October.

Nintendo got to work on Donkey Konga 3 the second Reggie retired.

When the krems away the kongs will play
You mean they'll localize this for Switch?
donkey-konga-3-38666.jpg

There's two 2D games and one 3D game in the works between the 2D and 3D Mario teams, right? If one of those 2D games isn't DK, what else could it be?

Talking to absolutely everybody with absolutely every dialogue option because this is the first time I've played Mass Effect without imported save data since August 2008.

Did you update the theme music? I feel like there are some new elements?
Yeah! first version was a french-horn-only sketch. this version is still pretty rough, but the orchestral instrumentation is fleshed out a bunch, there’s a dash of timpani and bells, a string and flute test bit, v unpolished software kick + phase snare, and I sped it up a bit!

I know people love to gush on the hypothetical ambition that comes with a 3D game (and how apparently a 2D is lesser in comparison...); But I'm really hoping that the EPD game is JUST a traditional sidescroller DKC game; It's really all I need and all I ask for.

Another 3D game for DK would be cool, but so long after Tropical Freeze, I'm not willing to take an experiment over something that I know that I'll love from the get-go. And considering how schedule goes these days.. we're getting just one or another in the span of.. another 5 to 7 years...

Multiversus is pretty rad, even in early tech test form. Probably the best playing of all the non-Smash Smash games I've played (have not played Rivals of Aether so can't comment there). Surprised nobody is talking about it here but I guess it's clear why

Last edited:
Attention everyone, I have achieved the platinum trophy in Dragon Quest Builders 2. Please do NOT ask me anything as I have clearly ascended to a new plane of existence. Thank you for your understanding.

Plot twist: Not only are we getting a new 2D Mario and a new DKC, but the Mario Odyssey sequel is actually Donkey Kong Odyssey with DK's tie being anthropomorphic this time.

Mario. EPD 10 are the 2D Mario group and they hired for their 2D game starting in October 2019.
Oh, I was referring to the second 2D game. There's two in development according to job posts. One with the normal team and one with the 3D Mario team. I was wondering what that second one would be if it isn't DK.

Oh, I was referring to the second 2D game. There's two in development according to job posts. One with the normal team and one with the 3D Mario team. I was wondering what that second one would be if it isn't DK.
Yeah, that's a good question. There's the possibility EPD 8 are helping EPD 10 with a new 2D Mario, but it would be odd for Nintendo to put two internal groups on the same project.

It's difficult to think which 2D series, outside of Mario or DK, Nintendo would want to handle internally. Kirby is HAL's baby; and I doubt Yoshi or Wario Land are viewed as more important than Mario or DK.

Maybe there's a complete wild card option here and we get a new IP. Maybe it has 2D visuals but isn't a side scrolling game, and we're getting a new top-down game, or EPD 8 somehow got the keys to 2D Zelda.

Huh, we’re getting a bunch of official Fairy Tail licensed indie games that the author is helping fund too

The news that EA is looking to sell or merge has me withdrawing even more into the Switch with Japanese games and indies.

The western AAA landscape is going to be unrecognizable in a few years. Microsoft owning Activision, WB Discovery trying to sell their studios, Square Enix’s western studios with a new publisher, etc.

The news that EA is looking to sell or merge has me withdrawing even more into the Switch with Japanese games and indies.

The western AAA landscape is going to be unrecognizable in a few years. Microsoft owning Activision, WB Discovery trying to sell their studios, Square Enix’s western studios with a new publisher, etc.
I've never really been that into the big Western publishers so all of them being bought out doesn't affect me personally too much. But consolidating the industry like this just seems like a bad thing on principle. Especially if Microsoft keeps snapping them up (which let's be real, they're probably at least going to try)

I've never really been that into the big Western publishers so all of them being bought out doesn't affect me personally too much. But consolidating the industry like this just seems like a bad thing on principle. Especially if Microsoft keeps snapping them up (which let's be real, they're probably at least going to try)

I'm not worried about Microsoft. If for some bat brained reason they decided to go after EA after Activision the FTC would have a stroke. Microsoft is done buying publishers for a long time.

I'm more worried about Amazon or Google. I still haven't forgiven Amazon for what happened with Double Helix. They were coming strong off of Strider and Killer Instinct and now they're gone.

Okay, I’m giving this serious thought now that I know there’s interest in it. If it ends up happening, I will post a link to his channel here on Famiboards.

Now I need channel name recommendations- something catchy, clever, or fun. Let me know what you got and I might just end up using one of your ideas when creating the channel!
Zelda-focused?
A Link through the Ages
For the grandfather/grandson bonding.

Outside of Elden Ring and Arceus this year has been kind of wack IMO in regards to video games but when it comes to bands I enjoy it's been god-tier.

Ghost, Health, Rammstein, Florence + The Machine, got Dir en grey in June and Metric in July with Hozier hopefully later in the year. Just good stuff all around.

nixb.jpg

this game has the best turn based system ever created and it sold 5 copies smh
The Switch has pretty much been the last bastion for turn-based RPGs. Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Octopath Traveler, Bravely Default, Dragon Quest XI, and Shin Megami Tensei V all rank pretty high in my opinion.
Is it me or has anyone else noticed like a ridiculous surge of console warring on social media regarding Xbox and PS. Like extremely hostile console warring. I don’t even follow these people.

But since I pretty much mainly follow gaming sites, Nintendo sites, and podcasts I like, my algorithm pushes everything video games.
Nah, it's not just you; the console warring has increased dramatically since the newest gen began.

I'm complaining a lot about my illness lately and this post marks another complaint but

It's super annoying how, even when good and emotional things happen, that's still exhausting too because my body just doesn't recover from any exertion at all. Or if it does recover, it happens at a glacial pace.

Anyway I should rest and then do some cooking and then I can relaaaaaaaax.

I feel for you, man.

This subject, over a series of posts, has brought a particular song to mind. MisterSpo, is this you?

Regardless, I hope it could bring some warmth.

I'm complaining a lot about my illness lately and this post marks another complaint but

It's super annoying how, even when good and emotional things happen, that's still exhausting too because my body just doesn't recover from any exertion at all. Or if it does recover, it happens at a glacial pace.

Anyway I should rest and then do some cooking and then I can relaaaaaaaax.
we know the feeling in our household, absolutely. chronic illness is so much more involved than many think, and affects everything.

I hope you get a little peace and a little rest so you can keep doing things you’d like to do, and not just things you have to

Is it me or has anyone else noticed like a ridiculous surge of console warring on social media regarding Xbox and PS. Like extremely hostile console warring. I don’t even follow these people.

But since I pretty much mainly follow gaming sites, Nintendo sites, and podcasts I like, my algorithm pushes everything video games.
It’s been honestly the same to me. But still at a high degree for last couple years since social media engagement surge big time during the last Gen. I only see a huge rise for a major event. Like an acquisition, Bad E3, major delays or super controversial topic that only fuels to attack a company then to give any foresight for grave issue.

I typically only listen to Xbox and Nintendo podcasts cause those are the systems I play the most. And some of the Xbox podcasts have really fallen for the console warriors mentality without even realizing it. One is a Positive Xbox talk and can’t take any “Twitter digs” from nobodies that cause them to rant about “value of gamepass and Xbox”. Just ignore or tease the trolls but don’t get rattled.

Another one kinda have a dislike for Nintendo and claim that they don’t really struggle to make games cause they look like “PS2” games, and believe that Nintendo games get rewards with good reviews cause it’s Nintendo. And get a lot of false info wrong. It’s strange since it’s journalist who say this lol.

Then there’s a all consoles podcast I listen to that absolutely dislike Xbox. But has regular Xbox fans on it and it’s just a debate between one vs all. It’s like watching Jerry Springer for consoles.

I should listen to some Sony ones but I have very little interest in their consoles and first party games that I might get bored. Still, I’m very intrigued in what discussions go for PC and other consoles.

I would stop listening to all these but it’s so fascinating to hear how vastly different points of view exist for the same info.

Every major release on PlayStation and Xbox has gotten pushed back or hasn't been seen in months. The fanbases have nothing to do except argue online.

Woo I cut that way too close and it’s super rough but done. Tho as long as I pass this I pass the class and I have some margin. Class done, I got 2 quiet weeks with nothing on the agenda. Boy, I need to eat something while watching something to calm my nerves then I need to sleep. Tomorrow I have to vacuum and maybe weed whack but I’m free otherwise and I need to chill

The new Chip n Dale feels like a big f u to 2D animation. The fact Chip isn't actually traditionally hand drawn sucks.
I know people love to gush on the hypothetical ambition that comes with a 3D game (and how apparently a 2D is lesser in comparison...); But I'm really hoping that the EPD game is JUST a traditional sidescroller DKC game; It's really all I need and all I ask for.
My thoughts on these two issues did the fusion dance and now I want a hand-drawn 2D Donkey Kong game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom