• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried watching Luxin's analysis but I didn't make it very far. He sounds weirdly smug throughout the video so it made it hard for me to listen through. I watched an earlier video of his today that her put out a few months back saying that Imran's reporting of Xenoblade 3 was too good to be true and basically discounting the whole thing. Of course, most of everything that Imran reported on showed up in the trailer.

I’m always amazed how much reception Earthbound gets for technically such a niche franchise lol.

Definitely a enthusiast series that works for the directs and whatnot.

That Earthbound dedicated segment in the direct saids it all lol.

I’m always amazed how much reception Earthbound gets for technically such a niche franchise lol.

Game is good, fam!!

stop the presses everyone, we've found the line

this dude is 2 years younger than me to my recollection, so born 2002, age 4 in 2006 is the line past which someone is too young for miis
Hey I grew up with Wii Sports still. I just think they're outdated.

miis are perfect btw

their balance of immense flexibility and intuitive simplicity is unparalleled

all we needed was more parts and the soul back

that's my final word on the matter for now

I was going to get Advance Wars, then they way went and announced Chrono Cross releases the day before. Maybe one day I’ll get AW.

I tried watching Luxin's analysis but I didn't make it very far. He sounds weirdly smug throughout the video so it made it hard for me to listen through. I watched an earlier video of his today that her put out a few months back saying that Imran's reporting of Xenoblade 3 was too good to be true and basically discounting the whole thing. Of course, most of everything that Imran reported on showed up in the trailer.
I dipped out when he implied it wasn’t on base Switch hardware. The song and dance about more powerful hardware and implying announced games won’t run on the current switch is getting old.

Ness being in the first Smash bros game helped keep the IP relevant

So now that we know XC3 is releasing this year and that the Switch will probably last at least two more years (until the last DLC for MK8 launches), things are looking much better for a possible XCX port, right?

I mean, Monolith is most likely moving on to the next hardware after XC3 is completed, which should leave them some room to have a team working on porting X to the Switch. And that might even mean that their first Switch 2 game could be XCX2? That sounds like a plausible timeline, they would probably leave the XC line alone for a while to avoid fatigue.

I just really want to play XCX and I don't want to do it on my Wii U.
I personally think they are waiting for Switch 2 to port it where the amount of storage space on cart is better and they can have graphics enhancements with more power (even though it already looks very good imo). If Xenoblade 3 is this year, there could be a Torna equivalent if they sell another season pass the following year. I thought both Xenoblade and Xenoblade 2 were the end of the mainline story, so I can’t say for sure Xenoblade 3 will be the end, but I really hope after Xenoblade 3 they move back to X and make an X2.

Regardless, I do think there is enough time to make a normal X port for Switch if Switch 2 is backwards compatible.

Good evening Fami pls help me 😭
I'm unsure if I buy Ni no Kuni Wrath of the Witch or Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition.
I have 60 reais. Ni no Kuni costs 40. Tales costs 60. WHICH ONE DO I PICK 😭😭😭
If you haven’t decided yet, don’t get Ni No Kuni. That game is boring and basically plays itself. The story isn’t very good either.

I remember one of the earliest Switch "rumors" was that Xenoblade X was being ported and coming sometime in 2017. That rumor popped up around the same time as Pokemon Star (port of Sun and Moon) and a enhanced port of Smash for Wii U. Obviously all of those rumors weren't true but it's funny how so many of the obvious assumed ports never made it to the system. If Xenoblade 3 wasn't so completely connected to Xenoblade 1 and 2, then I think X would have been on the system already. But because Xenoblade 3 connects the worlds of 1 and 2, that meant getting Xenoblade 1 + Future Connected onto the Switch became a higher priority. They want the full trilogy playable on one system.

THE FASTER these fucking NFTS DIE the better!!! aaaaarghhh!!!

The announcement of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 made me pick up XC2 again, and I gotta say, I hope this gets more engaging fairly soon. I really like the environments and some of the character moments are pretty charming, but the story itself doesn't really have my interest yet.

Gonna stick with it though, I did like the first one a lot.
What chapter are you on? XC2 is pretty slow in the beginning and takes some time to really get the main plot going, but IMO it gets better and better with pretty much every chapter as you go.

If you haven’t decided yet, don’t get Ni No Kuni. That game is boring and basically plays itself. The story isn’t very good either.
Thank you very much! Well, I haven't decided yet lol. I think I'll take Vesperia because it's longer(I'm prioritizing that) and the Switch port is the remaster and not the old version. Also don't think I'll be that invested on the combat system of NNK. I'll take NNK eventually but I'll go with Vesperia this time.

Thank you very much! Well, I haven't decided yet lol. I think I'll take Vesperia because it's longer(I'm prioritizing that) and the Switch port is the remaster and not the old version. Also don't think I'll be that invested on the combat system of NNK. I'll take NNK eventually but I'll go with Vesperia this time.
Definitely get Vesperia. Ni No Kuni’s battle system sucks.

Good evening Fami pls help me 😭
I'm unsure if I buy Ni no Kuni Wrath of the Witch or Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition.
I have 60 reais. Ni no Kuni costs 40. Tales costs 60. WHICH ONE DO I PICK 😭😭😭

The hate for NNK in this forum is real. Dont fall for it! :cry:
I enjoyed it very much, especially the characters. =)

It's deeply discounted in the eu E-shop now as well - 84% - all time low!

The next Mario Kart will definitely be this IP crossover imo. I wanted to say this before the direct, but now with this dlc I’m more believer the next Mario Kart won’t have retro tracks. There will be a big focus on making so many new tracks with the multiple Nintendo IP’s and expanding single player.

Okay so this is interesting, this comes from July 2018 and was shot at E3 2018. Shinya Takahashi says: There will be further updates to MK8 Deluxe, so please look forward to it. Labo update was already released and no Labo VR support was ever added. Week after this video was posted there was update for BOTW Link + Master Cycle. But it got me thinking if they were trying to hint about future courses and would do it way sooner, like 2 years ago, but probably not.

updates.png

The real solution to the Mii Sports controversy would've been for Nintendo to make Hylian Sports. Your Mii gets transported to Hyrule and, via the magic of Zelda's UMii programme, they get turned into a Hylian. They now participate in such sports as shield-surfing, fishing, sand-seal races, and paragliding.

Just talking to myself (as you do) and I once again want to see Nintendo add some of their weird add-on games to NSO.

Give me BS Legend of Zelda, Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets, and the track editor from F Zero X.

The third Tantei Club game can get a remake for the eShop, thank you very much.

Okay so this is interesting, this comes from July 2018 and was shot at E3 2018. Shinya Takahashi says: There will be further updates to MK8 Deluxe, so please look forward to it. Labo update was already released and no Labo VR support was ever added. Week after this video was posted there was update for BOTW Link + Master Cycle. But it got me thinking if they were trying to hint about future courses and would do it way sooner, like 2 years ago, but probably not.

updates.png
Ok theory time that is probably wrong: Tour came out one year after this so they probably already made lots of courses for the game and they always intended to release them as 8DX DLC but shortly after Tour's release, covid happened which means they held back on 8DX DLC and continued Tour stuff and stockpiling them for an eventual 8DX DLC pack.

The Sportsmates are mostly an improvement over the Miis for this game specifically. I've said this before in a different thread but I don't think the level of customization (clothes, not physical features) we see in Nintendo Switch Sports would fit the Miis and I guess Nintendo agreed with me.

Switch_NintendoSwitchSports_screen_10.jpg

The Miis in Wii Sports worked because of their simplicity. Adding the clothes and customization options from Miitopia would be kinda missing the point. And since this seems to have a rather large focus on online play more customization options are a must.

The more realistic body proportions also work better for the new disciplines like football or volleyball. I always thought basketball in Resorts felt extremely off with the Miis due to their stilted movement. The Sportsmates don't really have this issue because they move more naturally:

The most important thing, however, is that they're seemingly adding better hair styles for non-white people:

2l7gIYd.jpeg

My only concern right now is that the facial features seem to be very similar to each other. The main character art shows a variety of different eyes, eyebrows and even facial hair but the noses and the headshapes are the same from what I can tell.

Switch_NintendoSwitchSports_artwork_14.jpg

What's not immediately visible in the above picture is the orange Sportsmate having wrinkles. Hopefully there's more that you can tweak.

NCT6kYe.png

I guess that Nintendo decided at some point that there were too many drawbacks to using the Miis over something new and they probably didn't want it to be too close to Wii Sports Club either.

People can like this or not but I don't think it suggests anything about the future of the Miis. The next Tomodachi Life game will most likely have them again in all their quirkiness.

Last edited:
miis are perfect btw

their balance of immense flexibility and intuitive simplicity is unparalleled

all we needed was more parts and the soul back

that's my final word on the matter for now
I think I agree? (Not with the perfect part, though. lol) They're fine in isolation, like when playing Miitopia, even without doing more elaborate designs. But when Takahashi and Koizumi had that gameplay presentation, they looked kind of off, so I guess I prefer the new ones, at least for NSWS. But it's good to have the option for both.

Can I also rant about something?
Yes?
Okay.
The people, who say "Why do I have to state something is my opinion when it's obvious?" Words have meanings, so use them. There's a difference between saying "The game is bad." and "I think the game is bad." One seems like you're stating a fact, the other is an opinion, though a kind of lazy one. Why would anyone have to guess someone's intentions?
Though I guess people on here do that as well. 😅 Just add imo.

Last edited:
Not tried watching it yet, but was excited to see some kind of huge breakdown (having already watched a couple - Enel and Miiks).

That said, what you say here is why I’m not keen on Luxin and puts me off watching his content.

I think he does a lot of pointless videos and I find his general tone… I don’t know how to describe it, but it rubs me the wrong way. He does come across as smug at times, and not in an endearing way.

Confused why so many people believe BotW 2 will be delayed to 2023.

it's so odd, I thought there was a good chance of it getting delayed too but after that direct it's pretty obviously at least close to a lock(who knows I guess but it's pretty clear that Nintendo is pretty confident that it will release around the holidays, they certainly aren't acting like they think they might have to delay it)

Confused why so many people believe BotW 2 will be delayed to 2023.
XC3 launching in September made me way more confident than I was pre-Direct. If there was no BOTW2 or at least another really heavy hitter, I would say we probably would've seen Xenoblade way closer to Christmas like XC2 was.

Last edited:
Donkey Kong December

Insider Dunkey has been telling all of us, but we won't listen.

Donkey Kong 99 shadowdrop after the E3 Direct
Donkey Kong Country 6 in August
New King of Swing shadowdrop after the September Direct
Mario Odyssey 2 with DK as second lead in December with a tease for 3D DK
Diddy Kong Racing 2 as their big Spring 2023 game

The least Nintendo can do to atone for their ape-related crimes

Between FC and Coleman making an oopsie by saying too much, it wasn't difficult to guess that's what they might be doing. So downplaying that seems very weird. What were they supposed to do anyway? A third game with basically the same conclusion would've been boring.

To be fair I did check how long Nintendo waited to announce the delay from 2016 to 2017. It was April 26 when financial earnings were coming they announced the delay and NX for March 2017.

They did have a Direct in March 2016 with some Zelda talk, but didn’t announce the delay there. Did they still not know if BotW was going to be delayed to 2017 while recording it? I say they did know, just waited to announce it. The Wii U was on its last dying breath so that probably played a factor and NX was coming. We know they ended up wanting it to release with the Switch.

Here we are again in 2022 with BotW 2. There shouldn’t be a Switch 2 coming. There’s speculation of a Switch Pro or Switch (GBC type of system) and rumor of 11 devs with dev kits. Could something similar play out again? Then why didn’t they announce the big holiday game? But these systems aren’t next gen even if Nintendo wanted to release BotW 2 same day as its release. It wouldn’t be announced until July or so. Xenoblade 3 is a September game. Mario Kart is dlc. What are we left with:

Metroid Prime Remaster- this isn’t a holiday carrying title
Bayonetta 3- nope
Pokémon Gen 9- possible, but I don’t believe it’ll happen
3D Mario-Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
DK- Hmmmmm

3D Mario fits the biggest bill for me. EPD 8 still very quiet on a new project. We got the DK rumor in development and I could see that having a smaller marketing cycle. IF Nintendo still isn’t sure if BotW 2 isn’t going to make it, then it means they wouldn’t mind a shorter marketing cycle for whatever the big holiday title is. They’d probably announce BotW 2 was delayed at the fiscal year financials like 2016. Plus you can’t really announce a holiday title now, if internally you believe BotW 2 is the holiday game.

In the end I felt more confident in BotW 2 being the holiday title after this Direct. Just wanted to mention what they did in 2016 to think about.

stop the presses everyone, we've found the line

this dude is 2 years younger than me to my recollection, so born 2002, age 4 in 2006 is the line past which someone is too young for miis
Wait there were people born after 2000? Isn't that illegal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom