• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch Weekly, which I've never heard of (no offense!), are running a State of Switch survey. Apparently the 2021 edition of this had thousands of submissions, so I thought it might be of interest to the community here.

Survey here.

I wouldn't be opposed to a PG-developed fighting game, or Monster Hunter-like, but those are the only two GaaS examples I can think of that fit their strenghts as a studio. If it means more games like Anarchy Reigns or Babylon's Fall, they can keep them.

I'm sure the people that like platinum games will absolutely love their shift to making exactly the exact type of game that you get from AAA publishers once or twice a year. I'm sure Platinum making a AAA-style open world game competing for the attention of people who already buy their far crys and their assassin's creeds will in no way backfire

Look on the bright side, when Platinum fails at live service games, Nintendo can pick the bones clean and secure Bayonetta as a long-term franchise and secure development staff for further Astral Chain titles.

Look on the bright side, when Platinum fails at live service games, Nintendo can pick the bones clean and secure Bayonetta as a long-term franchise and secure development staff for further Astral Chain titles.

They kinda would need to absorb SEGA for the Bayo part, no?

Not that I want anyone to buy anyone else but… Nintendo, go buy them and save them from this
Wouldn't be suprised if Nintendo is waiting for them to fuck up on their own before buying them. Nintendo brings the best out of Platinum.

The writing was kinda on the wall in regards to PG and changing their direction. Self-publishing, Babylon's Fall and the new Tokyo studio didn't come out of nowhere so it's no surprise that they're looking to make games that make more money. I do hope that we will still get the occasional Bayonetta/Astral Chain/Nier from them...

How's everyone doing today? It's a new week and we might be getting a mandatory corporate messaging event! Who's excited?

On a less joking note, I've finally found a good use for the NSO NES/SNES libraries. Been picking away at replays of Kirby's Adventure and Donkey Kong Country when I have a few minutes left in my lunch break (the perks of WFH), and it's absolutely perfect for dipping into a game for 5-10 minutes, clearing a level, and then creating a save state.

For my 6th game beaten this yea, I have defeated Mega Man 1 finally! It was the Mega Man collection on Switch. I shamelessly used save states towards the end and I will not apologize.

Sooner than later, I will have to try the other games in the collection!
Congrats! If you can get through 1 you can definitely tackle the rest of them. 1 is probably the hardest of the bunch in my experience.

Also, how's the input lag? Wasn't the Switch version of one of the collections supposedly rough on that front?

I've been playing Overcooked with my husband and I'm so frustrated because the game stops you from advancing if you don't score high in the previous levels. It would be annoying to have to replay levels even if it was on my own, but when the game is heavily multiplayer focused and you're teaming up with someone who potentially doesn't have many gaming skills it's just dumb. The game is very accessible because it's simple to pick up and play, until it decides your casual partner has to grind previous levels and git good if they want to keep playing.

Needless to say my husband has compeltely lost interest in the game and now I have to finish it alone if I want to see it through.

This was my experience with it as well. The person I was dating at the time and I were co-oping it, and we were both well versed with games, but just couldn't pull it together on a couple levels which gated us from getting further into it. Wonderful game, but the difficulty ramps up very quickly and I think it's mostly balanced around having a full team instead of 2.

The writing was kinda on the wall in regards to PG and changing their direction. Self-publishing, Babylon's Fall and the new Tokyo studio didn't come out of nowhere so it's no surprise that they're looking to make games that make more money. I do hope that we will still get the occasional Bayonetta/Astral Chain/Nier from them...
Hopefully those contracted gigs are still worth it alongside the new direction. Assuming they can split their resources effectively, it would at least offer some security while they take risks in other areas.

Congrats! If you can get through 1 you can definitely tackle the rest of them. 1 is probably the hardest of the bunch in my experience.

Also, how's the input lag? Wasn't the Switch version of one of the collections supposedly rough on that front?
Thanks. That is what I keep hearing about 1.

As for the input lag, I didn't notice any. I think if don't' have the CPU speed set on Turbo you should be fine.

Hopefully those contracted gigs are still worth it alongside the new direction. Assuming they can split their resources effectively, it would at least offer some security while they take risks in other areas.

Well, I assume it's not going to go the way they want it to for a while...

I'm not sure what that means?
300px-Mega_Man_Legacy_Collection_-_General.png

It is here in the settings. Supposedly if you have the speed on Original there are no issues with the input lag.

New big sale announced for this Thursday!

Now, I don't wanna stir shit up okay, but last year, there was a Direct the same week a big February sale was announced. I personally think it's probably next week if it's happening, but who knows..

Obligatory "Origami King is a fantastic game" post.

I'm really loving Pokémon Legends. I have poured dozens of hours and haven't finished it just because I enjoy catching pokemon and filling out the pokédex that much.
What makes PLA so enjoyable is also the way you catch certain Pokémon (especially in the beginning).

You have your starter that turns in a different form because of the Hisuian environment. Then I managed to get to a place to catch a Goomy earlier then I supposed to because I was exploring and trying to jump over with Wyrdeer and catched that one. Then I found a random flying Togetic I caught from the air.

Other o shi moments were Eevee, Mr Mime jr for example. Now my team is complete with an Alpha Lucario and Alpha Garchomp (found it as a Gabite). And also got a Zoroark but those felt less wow cool. Not sure why. But the game does something that I hope to see more.
The salt you'll be using that is that of all of us hoping to see Botw2 😔.

I haven't been able to play PLA as much as I'd like, but I am definitely enjoying it. I just reached the Cleavor quest last night. I haven't actually completed it yet, but I hope to dive into it some more tonight.
I am interested in BotW sequel but I am not crazy about the first one. It is good but I don't have this WOW feeling. That said thanks to PLA I am planning to replay it before BotW sequel comes out and see if I have a different feel.

Now, I don't wanna stir shit up okay, but last year, there was a Direct the same week a big February sale was announced. I personally think it's probably next week if it's happening, but who knows..

change your votes now folks, poll closes in 16 hours

Scratch one more off the bucket list! I have finally beaten a Mega Man game!

coverJAP1.png

For my 6th game beaten this yea, I have defeated Mega Man 1 finally! It was the Mega Man collection on Switch. I shamelessly used save states towards the end and I will not apologize.

Sooner than later, I will have to try the other games in the collection!

You're in for a treat. MM1 is a good game but it feels ancient compared to 2 onwards. They feel very modern and could honestly be released today as is and the gameplay would not feel dated at all.

2 and 3 are stellar, 4 is a bit dull, then 5 and 6 are very good. I also love 7 because it was my first Megaman game, but it's a bit different from the NES games. I don't like 8 much and never finished it, and 9 and 10 are uo there with the best in the franchise.

It’d have to be announced by the end of tomorrow if it was this week right?

I don't like 8 much and never finished it
8 is PTSD inducing in places, if you know what I mean.

Also, I’m sure I’ll get raked over the coals for saying this, but MN9 (I’ve only played the backer demo) having bad Saturday Morning style voice acting was totally in keeping with the series. I remember that was a complaint at the time.

I wish Inti would gives us another Mighty Gunvolt Burst, maybe with less DIY weapon stuff because while that was neat to tinker with, it really slowed down the proceedings for me.

Beck and MN9 got done dirty I guess is all I’m saying.

It’d have to be announced by the end of tomorrow if it was this week right?
I really am not sure here, but I think Wednesday is the last day for it to realistically get announced? Though I don't think there's been many Wednesday announcements IF any in the last few years, so yeah, pretty much!

I really am not sure here, but I think Wednesday is the last day for it to realistically get announced? Though I don't think there's been many Wednesday announcements IF any in the last few years, so yeah, pretty much!
It has to be announced on Tuesday to be this week. Friday is a holiday in Japan.

So I could not get into Mario Odyssey and actually got motion sickness from playing it so I gave up. I've been playing Bowser's Fury here and there and find it fun, and the motion doesn't bother me as much in 30 minute play sessions.

All this to say that I'm really looking forward to the new Kirby next month. Of the games that have a concrete release date, this one is the most I'm excited about it.

Bionic Commando Elite Forces was developed and published by Nintendo of America. It's almost like the reverse of the Oracle games in that way, but it's NA only.

And it's really good! It's almost like a mirror version of Rearmed in that it makes similar changes but in a completely different way. It's also a Game Boy Color ass Game Boy Color game. I recommend, don't let the year 2000 art style scare you away.

Bionic-commando-ef-gbc.jpg

Floppy disks were all the rage back in my day.

The big, actually floppy ones. Not the small, rigid misnomers.

Bionic Commando Elite Forces was developed and published by Nintendo of America. It's almost like the reverse of the Oracle games in that way, but it's NA only.

And it's really good! It's almost like a mirror version of Rearmed in that it makes similar changes but in a completely different way. It's also a Game Boy Color ass Game Boy Color game. I recommend, don't let the year 2000 art style scare you away.

Loved this game but never got far. It’s on my 2ds, I should fix that

I'll play this when it comes to NSO within the next month or so :)

I highly encourage y'all to hop in the Direct Speculation ST and contribute to the chaos

Last edited:
Yeah, I loved what CD Roms offered regarding data, but fuck, almost all of them made me rage with load times. I loved my Sega CD to death, but playing Monkey Island and Willy Beamish on that was pure agony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom