• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that some of you still believe in the false month known as February. For the unconvinced, I bring you objective evidence.

Screen_Shot_2022-02-07_at_5.08.09_PM.png

so Iโ€™ve been posting a lot of Paper Mario: Color Splash music in the other thread and thought Iโ€™d share the love here

@Raccoon this one has S-tier double-reed instrument the english horn in it with a solo, plus uhโ€ฆ Toad sea shanty in bellowing chorus

Japanese interviews always seem to be misinterpreted lol

Today's my first day back at mentoring for the year. I'll be working with a group of a dozen or so autistics aged 17-19; with this range we mostly focus on supporting them through the last years of high school and the transition to the post-school world, which can be an incredibly difficult stage of life even at the best of times.

No matter how long I do this job, I still get anxious as hell and feel imposter syndrome kicking in before going back to work, but somehow once we start it works out. I mean, it's a challenging occupation, but it's also amazingly rewarding.

Me being a gamer is a HUGE help. So many of the kids are passionate gamers themselves, so its a great way to connect with them and make me seem less like a boring old teacher haha. Never fails to make me smile when I mention I'm into Nintendo and see their faces light up. When I bring my Switch on stream when we share our interests it always gets a great reaction.

Our "special interests" are a huge focus of the program, and I've seen kids who wouldn't even speak at the start get to the point of giving a speech in front of the whole group about their love of Zelda or Minecraft by the end. Gaming really can be a wonderful thing, especially for those of us who need an escape from the stress of the real world sometimes, or who can use a little help connecting to others.

so Iโ€™ve been posting a lot of Paper Mario: Color Splash music in the other thread and thought Iโ€™d share the love here

@Raccoon this one has S-tier double-reed instrument the english horn in it with a solo, plus uhโ€ฆ Toad sea shanty in bellowing chorus

i really need to play color splash

Color Splash is a genuinely good game that got the short end of the stick by (1) being on the Wii U and (2) having to bear the fallout from Sticker Star being Sticker Star

It's a super charming game with great music and fun writing. As a whole, it's way more engaging than SS was, even with all the NPCs still being Toads, as the little scenarios that Mario encounters throughout the game are much more interesting. Combat still isn't great, but it's still an improvement over Sticker Star.

Hunh this game had less minis than I thought, will probably have to bag the wookie post painting but I basically fit everything in one plano

IMG_4645.jpg

Sans the to scale atst. Not sure how Iโ€™m going on these, falls in the some are easy, I think I can do the uniques detailed but Iโ€™m not sure on consistency on the full batch. But since itโ€™s less than I thought I think Iโ€™ll try to do it before xmen United

Catching up with Demon Slayer and whew, that animation goes above and beyond.

I can't wait for the next two arcs to be animated, hopefully, with the same budget as this.

I loved how they kept adding instruments in the world map music each time the player enter new chapter

edit :๐Ÿ‘€

Last edited:
It's good that most of the discussion is concentrated in the Direct thread, I wouldn't want people to wear out this thread.

Pretty sure the Direct thread closes when there's an announcement.

carefully packs shitposts into boxes ready to move back in

The stampede should be contained in the announcement thread, though, rather than rolling through our patio.

Earlier in the thread someone posted a VGC article about PlatinumGames' new direction. JP Kellams, a former employee of PG, took umbrage with the translation and provided his own.

compared to:

โ€œOops, I almost blurted out something important about where we are going,โ€ Inaba hinted, when asked about the design philosophy behind GG.

โ€œProject G.G. is still in the stage of testing various things, so I canโ€™t tell you much about it, but when it comes to future game production, we want to focus on creating games that are different from the past. I would like to focus on creating games that can be enjoyed and loved for a longer period of time.โ€

He added: โ€œOf course, we would like to cherish and create small but brilliantly conceived games such as Sol Cresta, and games in which you can enjoy the process of clearing the game by going through one-off, well-designed stages, such as Bayonetta.

โ€œHowever, the projects that we are trying to create for the future will be different in terms of their structure. Considering the changes in the market over the next five years or so, I think it is absolutely necessary for us to do this. Iโ€™m sorry for being so vague, but I think thatโ€™s all I can tell you right now.โ€

And I'm not really sure I see much of a difference here? Someone want to help me out?

Earlier in the thread someone posted a VGC article about PlatinumGames' new direction. JP Kellams, a former employee of PG, took umbrage with the translation and provided his own.

compared to:

And I'm not really sure I see much of a difference here? Someone want to help me out?

I've went over it twice now and couldn't find any meaningful difference.

The main difference is the he never said "move on from well designed games" but that games like Bayonetta are well designed stage after stage games

Whatever Project GG will be live service or not, it also tell us that they want creat games with a open endend progression in general, maybe open world

Also as long as Nintendo go on with Astral Chain and Bayo those will continue(this not from the interview but from the fact that P have no decisioni over theme)

Another thing that i like from the interview is taht it seems that they expect to do more smaller games like Solar Cresta

The main difference is the he never said "move on from well designed games" but that games like Bayonetta are well designed stage after stage games

He's not saying that in the VGC translation either. The tweet that was posted in here was wrong though, that's true.

Today's my first day back at mentoring for the year. I'll be working with a group of a dozen or so autistics aged 17-19; with this range we mostly focus on supporting them through the last years of high school and the transition to the post-school world, which can be an incredibly difficult stage of life even at the best of times.

No matter how long I do this job, I still get anxious as hell and feel imposter syndrome kicking in before going back to work, but somehow once we start it works out. I mean, it's a challenging occupation, but it's also amazingly rewarding.

Me being a gamer is a HUGE help. So many of the kids are passionate gamers themselves, so its a great way to connect with them and make me seem less like a boring old teacher haha. Never fails to make me smile when I mention I'm into Nintendo and see their faces light up. When I bring my Switch on stream when we share our interests it always gets a great reaction.

Our "special interests" are a huge focus of the program, and I've seen kids who wouldn't even speak at the start get to the point of giving a speech in front of the whole group about their love of Zelda or Minecraft by the end. Gaming really can be a wonderful thing, especially for those of us who need an escape from the stress of the real world sometimes, or who can use a little help connecting to others.
This is such a beautiful post, thanks for sharing!
What an amazing mission , if nothing else, your imposter syndrome kicking in shows how much you care and take your vocation seriously.
I believe art at itยดs most fundemantal level is based on otpimism, an optimist view that people of different ages, classes and races share the same hopes, fears , struggles and dreams in their lives and that a a "work of art" talks to them and connects to them precisely because we are all the same,we are all humans, no matter how different and uniqe each of us is. In a way , in my personal view, you are saying games can be art.
Good luck!

Last edited:
This weekend I got myself a Series S and dabbled a bit in it. Nifty little thing. Funny tho when I opened it without games it felt less of a console opening cause everything is on GamePass. Having a future with only digital games feels a bit empty. Opening the Nintendo Switch for the first time and playing Zelda in Handheld was def a magical experience for 28 year old me.

Then again, I just logged in and saw all the cool games I could play. I think 2022 will be a great year for GamePass as I see some great games I want to try (Avowed, Starfield) and perhaps I play some indies and Banjo-Kazooie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom