• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm already getting Elden Ring.

Should I get Lost Ark or Resident Evil Village?

Alternatively I could be a hipster and get The Forgotten City...

Hot thread take tax:

Minish Cap is bad, Vaati is a bad villain, and there are more interesting non-Ganondorf villains in Legend of Zelda series.

Is shigeru miyamoto the most ever?

The most underrated, yes.

Prove me wrong.

😏

Nintendo and the Switch is about to have its second coming, right?

• BotW Sequel
  • New 3D Mario
  • The next Xenoblade
  • The next Fire Emblem
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Next Level‘s next game

Kinda crazy to think that these juggernauts could all be launching in 2022-2023.

• BotW Sequel
  • New 3D Mario
  • The next Xenoblade
  • The next Fire Emblem
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Next Level‘s next game

Kinda crazy to think that these juggernauts could all be launching in 2022-2023.
2022/2023 will also have Pokemon Legends (which just came out), 3D Kirby, Splatoon 3, Pokemon Gen 9, and potentially Mario Kart 9 if the rumors are to be believed. Then you got stuff like Metroid Prime remake, Mario + Rabbids 2, 2D Mario, Bayonetta 3, etc. These next few years will be the systems best, and maybe the best in Nintendo history if everything is received well. Enjoy it while it lasts folks.

quickest turnaround for a sequel? lol

Physical double-pack incoming, calling it now.

Voice of Cards is one of those games I was interested in based on concept/initial impressions, but I lost track of due to hotter stuff releasing in the same timeframe (WarioWare, Dread, SMT V).

That looks totally like my type of game but I have to play the original before. Do we know if the stories are connected? I much prefere the charadesign of this one.
nothing's confirmed but it's a yoko taro game so he'll find a way to connect the two games.

To be fair, i think that, too.

❤️

POBfUzS.gif

Didn't even give me time to get around to the first game! And I'm only on the 33rd floor in Dungeon Encounters. Stop releasing interesting JRPGs, Squeenix.
I was supposed to get back to Dungeon Encounters (dropped it 30+ hrs in) after I finished my SMT V playthrough, but I still have not gotten around to finish the final stretch of that either. Perhaps I should simply stop caring about the remaining Miman and sidequests and just be done with it already.

I was supposed to get back to Dungeon Encounters (dropped it 30+ hrs in) after I finished my SMT V playthrough, but I still have not gotten around to finish the final stretch of that either. Perhaps I should simply stop caring about the remaining Miman and sidequests and just be done with it already.

You know that around the last parts of each "region" there's a demon you can pay to add the Miman your missing to your map, right?

It's a no brainer doing that because some Miman were hidden by assholes and this is one game where you shouldn't have any in-game money issues for premium purchases like that. ^^

You know that around the last parts of each "region" there's a demon you can pay to add the Miman your missing to your map, right?

It's a no brainer doing that because some Miman were hidden by assholes and this is one game where you shouldn't have any in-game money issues for premium purchases like that. ^^
Oh, I know. I have found all Miman in every region, but the last. No idea how far in you are, but once you arrive at the final open area of the game, you might understand how, even with them being marked on the map, I sort of don't feel like hunting the last of them down.

The final open area is just too damn big. Even though the Miman are marked on the map, I found myself wasting tens of minutes trying to figure out how to get to that Miman that is supposed to be right here on the map, but apparently at a different elevation that I am currently at. I just kind of burned out on them in the final stretch, like I did on the game as a whole. So I dropped it after beating Metatron for the time being, and over two months later, here we (still) are.

Oh, I know. I have found all Miman in every region, but the last. No idea how far in you are, but once you arrive at the final open area of the game, you might understand how, even with them being marked on the map, I sort of don't feel like hunting the last of them down.

The final open area is just too damn big. Even though the Miman are marked on the map, I found myself wasting tens of minutes trying to figure out how to get to that Miman that is supposed to be right here on the map, but apparently at a different elevation that I am currently at. I just kind of burned out on them in the final stretch, like I did on the game as a whole. So I dropped it for the time being, and over two months later, here we (still) are.

Ah yes, the one under the street/bridge. That was a nasty one, there's an entrance somewhere top left from where it's marked on the map.

That one took me a while to get, but i got them all in the end. ^^

Good day to all the Fami!
Internet is a wonderfull opportunity to collect bad takes in one place :ROFLMAO:

Nintendo did also miss their initial target that year by quite a margin; they aimed for a very ambitious second year hardware target and didn't manage it. Personally I wonder if Nintendo had higher hopes for Labo in 2018, and were disappointed it didn't turn into a big new system seller, but the public line was always contrary to that, I think.

In that particular instance, analysts weren't completely wrong. The fiscal year guidance for 2018/19 was too high and Nintendo didn't hit it. Of course, the choice of quotation was far too dramatic. So analysts weren't completely wrong, but they were still a ways off being right.

As someone who finds the Switch to be just a bit too big (Vita was peak handheld hardware IMO) that comparison with the Steam Deck is horrifying.

The feeling when you put so much effort in a post and it goes unnoticed and you still kill a thread on top of that! I guess my take was the most unpopular in a topic about unpopular opinions 🙃

quickest turnaround for a sequel? lol

That certainly explains why that colon exists in the title. They probably have a few of these lined up and were just waiting to see if the first one bombed. I’m always excited to see more non-AAA Square stuff!

• BotW Sequel
  • New 3D Mario
  • The next Xenoblade
  • The next Fire Emblem
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Next Level‘s next game

We say this every year and then half the games get delayed anyways.

Physical double-pack incoming, calling it now.

Voice of Cards is one of those games I was interested in based on concept/initial impressions, but I lost track of due to hotter stuff releasing in the same timeframe (WarioWare, Dread, SMT V).
It's great.

Play it.

Time to play those "cult classic" games that you say you're going to play, but never actually do.

Fur eel this time.

Fur eel.

Edit:

unknown.png

Gottem.

😏

Man, after blogging for 8 years and 216 articles, it is a struggle to come up with fresh material haha.

Like gaming, writing is one of my biggest passions, but by this point I feel like I've covered almost every facet of the subject matter, at least that I feel qualified to talk about. I even tried my hand at a game review at one point (Hellblade, as it was relevant to the issue of mental illness) but that didn't generate much interest.

BOTW also got a look in at one point, as a few years back I had the privilege of presenting at a conference on the subject of autism and gaming, and I took the opportunity to use this in it:

ish6nntkdak3pdvq7i3v__large.jpg

I'll keep going just cos I love it, and I dearly hope it is helping others, but sometimes it's like pushing a boulder uphill.

Anyone else here a writer?
I write some articles on startups and disruptive technologies but engagement isn’t that high - I get a kick out of the research so I keep going.

You’re not alone, friend :)

It's great.

Play it.

Time to play those "cult classic" games that you say you're going to play, but never actually do.

Fur eel this time.

Fur eel.
I am waiting for a draught of games that interest me to hit*, so I can go ahead and buy and play all those games I wanted to play at some point, but couldn't because I was too goddamn busy playing other games.

*Realistically, that is never going to happen.

I am waiting for a draught of games that interest me to hit*, so I can go ahead and buy and play all those games I wanted to play at some point, but couldn't because I was too goddamn busy playing other games.

*Realistically, that is never going to happen.
This excuse is up there with the "Just let me clear my backlog, bro, trust me!" one.

Works every time.

This excuse is up there with the "Just let me clear my backlog, bro, trust me!" one.

Works every time.
I know your remark is half serious at best, but it is not even an excuse. I have merely accepted the fact that I will never have the time to play every game I want to play. I rarely even find the time to replay games that I have not played for a long time and would like to revisit. There is just too much interesting new stuff releasing on a regular basis for me to possibly play more than the handful most interesting ones in any given year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom