• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does anyone here have a good breakdown of who owns Pokémon?

I’m still seeing the confusion, but really just want to show my friend who doesn’t get how it works lol. He’s cool tho but I think a better understanding coming from a source is better then me who probably not fully understanding how it works
I thought it was a three-way split between Nintendo, Game Freak, and The Pokémon Company?

Is that not right?

Quoted by: Leo
Had a damn migraine all day that I wish it would F off already. At least the Pokémon presents and finding my psp were good to me today

Since I have to connect my psp to my ps3 through usb cable to download stuff,since I can still do that,mi am turning my psp into a portable ps1

@chocolate_supra that’s one way to have portable Chrono trigger. I think it was a ps1 classic on there but I can’t remember

Pokemon: Dead
Pokemon: Alive

New Feature includes Jiggly Physics
QNzN17G.webp

3D Mario is definitely not coming this year. 3D Mario and 3D Zelda are one of the few examples of two series Nintendo wouldn’t put in the same holiday. The only chance is 2D.
Didn't SM3DW and ALBW release on literally the same day?

I know they're on different console but still.

Oh yeah ALBW wasn't 3D, duh.

Last edited:
3D Mario is definitely not coming this year. 3D Mario and 3D Zelda are one of the few examples of two series Nintendo wouldn’t put in the same holiday. The only chance is 2D.
This is the one thing that will not happen. I will legitimately put money on it. 3D Mario and 3D Zelda will not happen during the same holiday.

Since I have to connect my psp to my ps3 through usb cable to download stuff,since I can still do that,mi am turning my psp into a portable ps1
The Switch is well on the way to being a portable PS1. We just need Capcom to port Mega Man Legends and the BoF pair, Konami to get on board more, and Square to keep going with their catalog.

Switch's 2023 is seriously looking to be a contender for the best year any Nintendo system has ever had.

The sheer quantity and diversity on display is remarkable, and it just keeps getting better. Given how commonly Switch titles are revealed just a few months out from release, there are probably plenty more significant 2022 releases we don't even know about yet as well, just like a month ago we didn't know (for sure/officially) about Xenoblade 3, Pokémon Scarlet/Violet, Switch Sports, Live a Live, Zombie Army 4, No Man's Sky, Portal 1/2, Klonoa 1/2, etc.

The next 10 months look to be a banquet of spectacular proportions, elevating an already great system and library to whole new level.

The greatest Nintendo console at the end of this year as far as I’m concerned. 2023 will be icing on the cake with stuff like Metroid Prime 4 and possibly Pikmin 4, Star Fox, new 2D Mario and 2D Zelda.

Yeah it has a real shot at taking the throne by 2023 for me too; currently my top system of all time is the SNES, and I'd say Switch only needs, say, 2 more truly great games (like, on the level of Mario Odyssey, Metroid Dread, or Monster Hunter Rise) to surpass it.

Last edited:
You play Dark Souls 3 and you're like yeah From Software has done the best they could do with the genre AND THEN you play Elden Ring and you're like yeah From Software has done the best they could do with the genre

Switch's 2023 is seriously looking to be a contender for the best year any Nintendo system has ever had, barring multiple delays to 2023 or key titles underwhelming.

The sheer quantity and diversity on display is remarkable, and it just keeps getting better. Given how commonly Switch titles are revealed just a few months out from release, there are probably plenty more significant 2022 releases we don't even know about yet as well, just like a month ago we didn't know (for sure/officially) about Xenoblade 3, Pokémon Scarlet/Violet, Switch Sports, Live a Live, Zombie Army 4, No Man's Sky, Portal 1/2, Klonoa 1/2, etc.

Yeah it has a real shot at taking the throne by 2023 for me too; currently my top system of all time is the SNES, and I'd say Switch only needs, say, 2 more truly great games (like, on the level of Mario Odyssey, Metroid Dread, or Monster Hunter Rise) to surpass it.
I think Nintendo can oblige with at least 2 more great games.

You play Dark Souls 3 and you're like yeah From Software has done the best they could do with the genre AND THEN you play Elden Ring and you're like yeah From Software has done the best they could do with the genre
Is this praise for From and ER, or not

I can’t tell

Yes, Nintendo owns all Pokemon related trademarks and an undisclosed part of Creatures Inc. TPC is, as others have said, owned in equal parts by Nintendo, Game Freak and Creatures.
Okay. I think I got this.

Thought it was more complicated. Still. I’m gonna say they own so stop thinking it’s coming to other systems lol.

And start hoping for a Pokémon colosseum remake

But Nintendo owns 100% of the treadmark tho, correct?

From the official website:

© 2022 Pokémon. © 1995–2022 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./GAME FREAK inc. Pokémon, Pokémon character names, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, Wii, Wii U, and WiiWare are trademarks of Nintendo.

So apparently yeah, even though the property itself is co owned, Nintendo is the sole onwer of the trademark.

I sincerely hope Bandai-Namco can fix up the PC release. I don't really mind frame drops and stuttering but I'm worried those technical issues will do a number on my laptop.

theres violence and then theres what nintendo will do during the holidays if they get zelda out in 2022
... the reverse of violence?

So apparently yeah, even though the property itself is co owned, Nintendo is the sole onwer of the trademark.
This is correct. So even if theoretically Game Freak split from TPC, they would be unable to anything with Pokemon.

This is why Exp share like it has been done in the last few entries is smart and important.

I was a very stick in the mud kid, my team had to be leveled evenly at all times. I was very disappointed when I saw other kids steamrolling the game with their starters, those poor uncivilized

Okay. I think I got this.

Thought it was more complicated. Still. I’m gonna say they own so stop thinking it’s coming to other systems lol.

And start hoping for a Pokémon colosseum remake

There’s threads on both GAF and Era that go into the more complicated aspects of the ownership if you’re interested in reading up on it (like how TPC and Nintendo both own ~20% each of Genius Sonority). But the simplified version is that while Nintendo doesn’t fully own the IP, it’s impossible to release the games on other systems without their approval.

Hey guys, as the resident Nintendo insider I wanted to post an update about my previous leaking of Pokemon Penis and Pokemon Vagina. My source deep in Nintendo assured me that they are still coming. The Pokemon Company wants to build up to a big revamp of the series in Gen 10 and wanted more time for the transition. Expect some edgier content in Scarlet and Violent top help signal this change. Nintendo was also keen on leveraging the new power of the Switch successor in making the next generation of Pokemon. More details coming soon. :sneaky:

If you want to support me check out the Patreon in my bio.
493.jpg

Hey guys, as the resident Nintendo insider I wanted to post an update about my previous leaking of Pokemon Penis and Pokemon Vagina. My source deep in Nintendo assured me that they are still coming. The Pokemon Company wants to build up to a big revamp of the series in Gen 10 and wanted more time for the transition. Expect some edgier content in Scarlet and Violent top help signal this change. Nintendo was also keen on leveraging the new power of the Switch successor in making the next generation of Pokemon. More details coming soon. :sneaky:

If you want to support me check out the Patreon in my bio.
0yg5ghr.gif

Teddie says hi!

We are due for Persona news soon. It’s the last day of February in Japan. It will be the 3rd of the seven announcements.

Edit: Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is getting rollback netcode for PC and PS4, not Switch this Summer. This did not fill in the third box, so this is not the news. Colossal bummer for people most interested in the Switch version like myself.

Last edited:
Elden Ring would easily be my game of the generation if the bosses weren't so infuriatingly difficult for me. Oh well.

From Software, a 332 employees studio, took 6 years between Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring, with a part of the studio working on Sekiro during Elden Ring's development.

Botw 2 is coming 5-6 years after Botw, just imagine what they have achieved in that time. I don't think we're ready for what this game will offer.

Teddie says hi!

We are due for Persona news soon. It’s the last day of February in Japan. It will be the 3rd of the seven announcements.

Edit: Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is getting rollback netcode for PC and PS4, not Switch this Summer. This did not fill in the third box, so this is not the news. Colossal bummer for people most interested in the Switch version like myself.

whaaaat

From Software, a 332 employees studio, took 6 years between Dark Souls 3 and Elden Ring, with a part of the studio working on Sekiro during Elden Ring's development.

Botw 2 is coming 5-6 years after Botw, just imagine what they have achieved in that time. I don't think we're ready for what this game will offer.

Especially when you factor in all the reused assets.

I will not allow myself to get hyped like this. Not gonna do it, no way.

Elden Ring looks fun. Not a dark souls fan but Bloodborne was pretty fun.

Wonder if I should get it on my Xbox One X. I’m sure it’ll be at a good price in a few months.

can we make folders the next project rainfall

Using them on Xbox has been instrumental in me actually chipping away at game pass back log

The switch is too old and my library is too huge

I'm starting to think that Mother 3 isn't releasing this year. And I'm okay with that.

Decided I'm going to post ST6 at 11PM Eastern, so I can have an hour for revelry before I get in bed. Real excited about this. Gonna be a fun thread!

I started watching Arcane and boy they really do lay on the Imagine Dragons music thick, huh
As apparently the only person on the internet who doesn't mind Imagine Dragons I honestly thought the intro was pretty solid

Also I think that's the only Imagine Dragons track in the soundtrack, but tbf it does show up a lot

Warning! "Nerd Yells at Cloud" energy below.

Ngl, seeing these Nintendo franchises grow on the Switch from your normal standard releases to becoming ambitious evolutions of themselves, while DK feels like it's still in its infant stage with only five mainline games and one divisive 3D outing, the lack of a new one makes the Switch catalog a huge letdown for me personally. DK could be so huge right now, argh. 😂 I know I'm probably the only Nintendo nut who puts DK above all others in their favorites list, but... yeah.

Don't mind me, though. Just posting some copium in text form in an effort to pass through my episode I'm having.

can we make folders the next project rainfall

Using them on Xbox has been instrumental in me actually chipping away at game pass back log

The switch is too old and my library is too huge
Given how successful operation rainfall was, I’m surprised a segment of Nintendo fans never tried a letter writing campaign again for something like Mother 3 or a new F-Zero.

I also would like folders.

Warning! "Nerd Yells at Cloud" energy below.

Ngl, seeing these Nintendo franchises grow on the Switch from your normal standard releases to becoming ambitious evolutions of themselves, while DK feels like it's still in its infant stage with only five mainline games and one divisive 3D outing, the lack of a new one makes the Switch catalog a huge letdown for me personally. DK could be so huge right now, argh. 😂 I know I'm probably the only Nintendo nut who puts DK above all others in their favorites list, but... yeah.

Don't mind me, though. Just posting some copium in text form in an effort to pass through my episode I'm having.
I wouldn't be surprised if DK's "Kirby and the Forgotten Land" moment is closer than we think.

Given how successful operation rainfall was, I’m surprised a segment of Nintendo fans never tried a letter writing campaign again for something like Mother 3 or a new F-Zero.
Oh fans have definitely tried an "or something" for Mother 3 🤣:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom