• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t expect a New Fire Emblem mainline game this year
Oh yeah; Whatever what insiders were informed about Fire Emblem, I think the plans have been changed; Not that I doubt there's a mainline FE on the pipeline, but I think there's a higher chance that those games yet to be announced (I'm counting Prime Remaster as well) are more likely to be 2023 titles than anything already set for this year.

I think there's a very strong chance that it is, yes.

I still think a new Mario game (a platformer) is actually possible, in addition to everything else.
I mean at some point EPD 8 and EPD 10 have to finish their games. I'm not sure on one being late 2022 if Zelda and Pokemon are ready then (and with us having 3 or 4 EPD titles in 2022 without Mario), but I'd also be surprised if they aren't out by the end of 2023. They're not all that far off, I think/hope.

Unless they bust out Muppets again, you are factually incorrect
Or Lego minifigs! I can't decide which Iwata form was better: Muppet or Lego?

On a related note, this year we're getting Lego Muppet minifigs:
ria75n8yavb81.png

I'm actually starting to doubt we'll see a mainline Mario game this year (2D or 3D); sure, would be neat to tie with the movie somehow, but I suspect they're gonna to treat the MK8DX DLC as the headline for this year (without mentioning Strikers and M+R2, if the latter isn't delayed);

They can put Cranky and Foreman Spike in Tour by the end of the year to promote the movie, that will be just as effective, I think

I'm actually starting to doubt we'll see a mainline Mario game this year (2D or 3D); sure, would be neat to tie with the movie somehow, but I suspect they're gonna to treat the MK8DX DLC as the headline for this year (without mentioning Strikers and M+R2, if the latter isn't delayed);

They can put Cranky and Foreman Spike in Tour by the end of the year to promote the movie, that will be just as effective, I think

I think it’s possible but I would hope Nintendo isn’t dumb enough to not release a 2D Mario with the movie.

3D Mario is definitely not coming this year. 3D Mario and 3D Zelda are one of the few examples of two series Nintendo wouldn’t put in the same holiday. The only chance is 2D.

I think it’s possible but I would hope Nintendo isn’t dumb enough to not release a 2D Mario with the movie.
Even if they do, I don’t know if there’s really some potential synergy between a (probably mediocre) Mario movie aimed at children and a 2D Mario game.

Even if they do, I don’t know if there’s really some potential synergy between a (probably mediocre) Mario movie aimed at children and a 2D Mario game.
I have to disagree. I’m sure there are a lot of folks who bought a Switch during the pandemic but have it gathering dust. Those folks may be people who played Mario as kids and go “oh, I already have a Switch to play this on” and they’ll buy the game.

I think there's a very strong chance that it is, yes.

I still think a new Mario game (a platformer) is actually possible, in addition to everything else.

I would be majorly surprised if they don’t have a big Mario game releasing around the movies release.

Maybe I'm crazy (or just too hopeful) but I still think we could get mainline FE this year alongside Zelda and everything else. I mean, after all, who's to say it won't be Prime HD that gets pushed out of 2022 (if anything at all) instead of FE? Plus, as mentioned in other topics, Nintendo was obviously aware ahead of time that Pokemon Gen 9 would be a 2022 release. If this reasoning doesn't affect Zelda, than I don't see why it would affect FE if Nintendo is planning on releasing it this year. And we know Nintendo is planning an insanely stacked year, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary imo to fit FE in H2.

I dunno, maybe I'm just coping lol. At the very least, even if it's early (March?) 2023, I hope we get a reveal trailer at the E3/June Direct, and the trailer itself is amazing and hype af after all the waiting lol.

I decided against reading all the good Pokémon and BotW2 takes and played more Dark Souls 3 instead. I think I’m about a third into the game just beat the Deacons, now fighting Abyss Watchers. gud game still

Last edited:
I have to disagree. I’m sure there are a lot of folks who bought a Switch during the pandemic but have it gathering dust. Those folks may be people who played Mario as kids and go “oh, I already have a Switch to play this on” and they’ll buy the game.
Maybe, but wouldn’t they buy a 2D Mario game regardless of the existence of the movie ? I may be wrong, but it seems to me that 2D Mario games are more aimed at people who played Mario as kids, as your rightly said. Meanwhile the movie, being made by Illumination Mac Guff, will probably be a cash grab aimed at children

No one believes in Mario + Rabbids 2 this year. Crazy how Nate killed it and he didn’t even say he heard it was delayed, only that it was possible.

It could easily be shown at E3 and released August-September.

I don't necessarily think that a Mario game will tie with the movie thematically, with characters and all that.. but just having something out by the movie's release would be super convenient;

but again, for being more a promotion, there's always character additions for Mario Kart Tour, since 8DX isn't getting any.

No one believes in Mario + Rabbids 2 this year. Crazy how Nate killed it and he didn’t even say he heard it was delayed, only that it was possible.

It could easily be shown at E3 and released August-September.
If it is currently struggling to make a 2022 release, it could also end up launching in early December. Ubisoft and Nintendo have both launched products in that timeframe.

If it is currently struggling to make a 2022 release, it could also end up launching in early December. Ubisoft and Nintendo have both launched products in that timeframe.
Yeah it can make it by December. I guess my overall thing is I wouldn’t let Nate’s “it possibly could be delayed” be taken to heart. He said the same thing for Xenoblade 3 and the game is coming in SeptemberI’m just surprised by the amount of people who are taking a delay to heart.

Last edited:
Every day we come one day closer to the moment that people will realize how great Castlevania 64 actually is and it will be redeemed as well as getting classic status!

So does anyone here have a good breakdown of who owns Pokémon?

I’m still seeing the confusion, but really just want to show my friend who doesn’t get how it works lol. He’s cool tho but I think a better understanding coming from a source is better then me who probably not fully understanding how it works

The greatest Nintendo console at the end of this year as far as I’m concerned. 2023 will be icing on the cake with stuff like Metroid Prime 4 and possibly Pikmin 4, Star Fox, new 2D Mario and 2D Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom