• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many announced Switch games without any release dates, I wish we get some soon:

Shadowrun Trilogy (wonder why it's taking so long. They are mobile games)
Lara Croft Temple of Osiris & Guardian of Light (these are mobile games too but Feral always take their time)
Outer Wilds
Life is Strange Remastered
Earth Defense Force 4.1 (don't let me down, D3)
Neon White
Wreckfest (devs said it'll take some time)
Spongebob 2
Kingdom Come Deliverance (this should also take some time)
Sonic Origins (lol)

Really appreciate just how weird, confusing, and creepy Majora's Mask is right from the get go.

Like, can you imagine if this were your first Zelda game? It had to be for at least some of you. What was that even like? Must make a lot of the other Zelda games seem really tame by comparison huh?

Anyways, hope everyone is doing as well as can be.

Can Winter just end already >.>

God, I hate snow
iu

The best thing about waiting for a future Nintendo handheld port of Elden Ring instead of playing it now is that all the DLC will be included and the wiki will be completely full of detailed info for everything.

He told himself repeatedly while huddled in a corner rocking back and forth.

Can I play Monster Hunter Rise with my partner with them on Pc and me on Switch? I did not follow the news of the PC release. They wanted to try Monster Hunter and I think Rise is the best first step, especially if we can play together.

The best thing about waiting for a future Nintendo handheld port of Elden Ring instead of playing it now is that all the DLC will be included and the wiki will be completely full of detailed info for everything.

crying, shitting, and throwing up
the switch pro is real, it's real it's real

The New 2DS XL is quite the upgrade over the standard 3DS. Beating Diantha in Pokémon X has never felt so good.
The only downside is the speaker quality is worse, but everything else is great. It's bigger yet somehow feels lighter at the same time. Definitely don't miss the 3D either. Hinge feels stronger and less flimsy as well.

I’m at a point I really want a steam deck if it can play some games I like well. I doubt a switch pro could play halo or god of war

The fact that halo does work on the steam deck fulfills the old portable halo dream I had from years ago

Who's hyped for some Digimon games in ~90 minutes?

The game section is like 1 hour long, we're eating tonight
Gimme Digimon World 1 and 3 remastered or super cheap ports. I’ll buy them 🙏🏽

Digimon Rumble Arena would be good too.

Or digimon Surivive info would be neat.

Quoted by: Leo
Who's hyped for some Digimon games in ~90 minutes?

The game section is like 1 hour long, we're eating tonight
I don't know if I can take a second Switch snub within the same month. We at least should get a new Story on Switch, we deserve this.

Quoted by: Leo
I’m at a point I really want a steam deck if it can play some games I like well. I doubt a switch pro could play halo or god of war

The fact that halo does work on the steam deck fulfills the old portable halo dream I had from years ago
I definitely have some interest in a Steam Deck too. Especially if it can play Baldurs Gate 3 too.

I think whether we'd see Elden Ring on the successor (not Pro, full successor) or not really depends on Nintendo. Namco or From would definitely not do on their own, Nintendo needs to persuade them. I don't think Miyazaki cares about Nintendo platforms despite citing BotW as the biggest influence on Elden Ring.

Ports I expect to see on successor:
IO's James Bond
KOTOR remake
Final Fantasy 7 remake (both parts if 2nd one got released until then)
Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
Space Marine II

Gimme Digimon World 1 and 3 remastered or super cheap ports. I’ll buy them 🙏🏽

Digimon Rumble Arena would be good too.

Or digimon Surivive info would be neat.

Yeah it's been forever since I last played Digimon World, I love that game! They really should make it available again. I never played the sequels, would be on board for a collection, but I think it's a lot of work to remaster all three so I'm not sure they would do it.

Digimon Survive is confirmed to be in the event btw!

I don't know if I can take a second Switch snub within the same month. We at least should get a new Story on Switch, we deserve this.

Digimon Survive has been announced for the Switch, so I think we're good. If there's a new Story, it's most likely cross generation for PS4/5, but I think a Switch version is very likely too.

I fell off hard after a few hours of enjoying Cyber Sleuth but I'd be interested in trying a new (and hopefully improved) sequel. I'm mostly looking forward to Survive, though, even if its development history doesn't instil much confidence.

There are many announced Switch games without any release dates, I wish we get some soon:

Shadowrun Trilogy (wonder why it's taking so long. They are mobile games)
Lara Croft Temple of Osiris & Guardian of Light (these are mobile games too but Feral always take their time)
Outer Wilds
Life is Strange Remastered
Earth Defense Force 4.1 (don't let me down, D3)
Neon White
Wreckfest (devs said it'll take some time)
Spongebob 2
Kingdom Come Deliverance (this should also take some time)
Sonic Origins (lol)
You also have pretty much all of Bandai Namco's games as well. The only one with a release date is Klonoa.

So I expect Digimon Survive to join the pile in a few hours.

Digimon Survive has been announced for the Switch, so I think we're good. If there's a new Story, it's most likely cross generation for PS4/5, but I think a Switch version is very likely too.
I don't think I'm good. Survive looks amazing but this year I'll be drowning in turn based strategy titles, I'd love something different, especially from Media.Vision. I really miss messing with evolutionary chains of Digital Monsters...

Still no luck at finding my psp. I now know one of my games was left in after checking my small number of cases. At least it wasn’t persona 3.

That game store I went to last weekend had a lot of psp games and that got me wanting to dig it out and get stuff for it again

(not Pro, full successor)
Let's stop pretending that there's actually a difference between these two concepts outside of marketing.

Whatever new hardware they're working on should definitely be capable of playing Elden Ring whatever they wind up calling it.

Let's stop pretending that there's actually a difference between these two concepts outside of marketing.

Whatever new hardware they're working on should definitely be capable of playing Elden Ring whatever they wind up calling it.
Well, there is an actual practical difference between the PS4 Pro and the PS5;

I personally don't believe we will see a Switch sucessor so soon, but a stopgap revision (a Pro) is still possible down the line;

It's just a matter of commitment of generations

The only downside is the speaker quality is worse, but everything else is great. It's bigger yet somehow feels lighter at the same time. Definitely don't miss the 3D either. Hinge feels stronger and less flimsy as well.
As I was going through I was thinking the volume was at a comfortable level by default. Then I realized it was all the way up. I've always had a bit of a gripe with the 3DS feeling like it's either too low or too high with no in-between sweet spot, though.

Well, there is an actual practical difference between the PS4 Pro and the PS5;

I personally don't believe we will see a Switch sucessor so soon, but a stopgap revision (a Pro) is still possible down the line;

It's just a matter of commitment of generations
What I mean is that there are concrete rumors about what the hardware and processors are, whether this particular machine is called a pro or a 2 or a pineapple or a frimshkangle is all a matter of marketing.

Anyway I think I would totally get a Steam Deck if A) they were available like at all and B) I could justify such a big expense to my wife.

I would totally get a steam deck if it wasn't that ugly.
Plus it seems the system is equivalent to a 720p PS4 so the next Switch will certainly surpass it.

Digimoncon is talking about games right now if anyone is interested! They are discussing Survive at the moment.

Anyway I think I would totally get a Steam Deck if A) they were available like at all and B) I could justify such a big expense to my wife.
With all that's going on and inflation, it eould be hard for me to justify something like this to my wife.

Apparently Digimon Survive isn't releaseing in 2022 lol

They showed an artwork trailer with like 2 secs of gameplay, and said the game still needs more time

They showed an artwork trailer with like 2 secs of gameplay, and said the game still needs more time
The June 30 release date on Amazon had me going for a bit, but this just killed it lol. I want this game SO badly, it’s been hovering over our heads what feels like forever now!

What I understood was "we need a bit more time before we reveal the real release date" but it wasn't very clear (on purpose ?). I'm really curious about the development though, it seems mostly like a digico, which shouldn't take this long to make

Okay, now there's some gameplay. Apparently it's a visual novel with some SRPG battles now.

I have to say the Digimon models look absolutely lovely. I hope the backgrounds get some more detail to match the models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom