• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus it seems the system is equivalent to a 720p PS4 so the next Switch will certainly surpass it.
Yeah I think I can wait for a Switch 2 in like 2-3 years instead of buying a Deck now. Not that Steam is selling it in my country anyway hahaha.

Okay, now there's some gameplay. Apparently it's a visual novel with some SRPG battles now.

I have to say the Digimon models look absolutely lovely. I hope the backgrounds get some more detail to match the models.
Oooh gonna look for that on Youtube soon

Okay, now there's some gameplay. Apparently it's a visual novel with some SRPG battles now.

I have to say the Digimon models look absolutely lovely. I hope the backgrounds get some more detail to match the models.
That’s how it was described before and shown before they went silent. Visual Novel and SRPG gameplay.

It’s more in line with Tactics then Fire Emblem tho. Which I suspected

Quoted by: Leo
That’s how it was described before and shown before they went silent. Visual Novel and SRPG gameplay.

It’s more in line with Tactics then Fire Emblem tho. Which I suspected

It has some sort of social link system so I think it def takes some hints from FE too.

Also the dev talking about the game is very good looking, that should be noted as a selling point lol

So no Digimon World remaster or port planned for now, too bad

As much as I appreciate the transparency, it's a little sad to have a producer answering every question with "it'll be too expensive" or "it won't make enough money as we don't have enough fans to support it".

Please, Bamco, give some money to the Digimon team

As much as I appreciate the transparency, it's a little sad to have a producer answering every question with "it'll be too expensive" or "it won't make enough money as we don't have enough fans to support it".

Please, Bamco, give some money to the Digimon team

Yeah and this is so weird and frustrating because we were basically living a Digimon games renaissance with the Story games having sold really really well, so I'm baffled that Bandai seems so lost with the franchise

The transparency is nice

But also rather depressing in a case like this series that isn’t hugely popular lol. I’m not a really a digimon fan per say. I just liked 2 games and want them back out of pure nostalgia. And Digimon Survive got me interested cause of the initial SRPG reveal, but the visual novel stuff and how long it is has made me dis-interested

Anyway I think I would totally get a Steam Deck if A) they were available like at all and B) I could justify such a big expense to my wife.
I’m still flip flopping. It is expensive at 550 and the 400 model just doesn’t seem worth it to me. I’m”after Q2” so I have some time. But the price. I love portable devices, so I kinda want it… but I also maybe should wait for Switch 2.

Also, Geoff Keighly posted some impressions and he says the battery life on modern games is 2 hours… so now I’m hesitant.

Will be a game time decision for sure.

Soooo there's still no date for Survive ? this doesn't give me confidence at all
dsf.jpg

(kinda regretting staying up until 3 AM for this Digimon Con tbh)

As happy as I was to get a couple details on the next Story, that whole segment made me feel like getting new Digimon games and remasters greenlit is an ordeal.

And still no release date for Survive! Yeesh.

Can't believe I had the stream up in another tab but it was muted, so I didn't hear it and missed the survive stuff. From the little bit I saw digging around on twitter it looks like my shit. Not surprised on not having a solid date, but at least it looks like it actually exists now.

So it looks like I still have plenty of time to go through cyber sleuth.

As happy as I was to get a couple details on the next Story, that whole segment made me feel like getting new Digimon games and remasters greenlit is an ordeal.

The impression I got wasn't so much that they're hard to greenlight but that 1- COVID has fucked them bad and 2- the devs aren't sure what to do to make the games more appealing so it's hard to start new projects.

It sounded like the guy could have made a DW remaster but he chose not to because he was wondering about the cost/benefit of making a remake instead. And they're trying new things like Survive.

Kind of curious, are the digimon games worth checking out?

Yeah, the Cyber Sleuth games are good RPGs. I didn't like the story and characters, but it's still a very competent monster collecting RPG underneath.

Digimon World Next Order is an amazing game but it's very different, it mixes an RPG with raising sim system where you raise a Digimon from birth to death, inheriting skills and stats on each cycle. I personally love it, but ymmv. It's not on Switch, though.

Oh, playing some songs from the anime series. They're doing the 02 evolution theme.

Come on Butterfly or Brave Heart, hope those are here.

Bruh the PC Version of Elden Ring have me so depressed............i was really looking forward to it. But the stuttering is so annoyingggggggg.

I don’t know anything about digimon but there’s a cactus with boxing gloves so it’s probably good

Completed Case 2 in AA1, and I think I understand why people are so crazy about this series. I was not expecting to have this much fun

I’m looking forward to the Pokemon Presents in a few hours. Most hoping for confirmation of Arceus DLC even if it doesn’t come until later.

Also we are less than 33 hours away from Persona news this month. The music was not it.

I feel bad for digimon fans because I feel like I’ve been hearing “digimon survive” for a decade at this point and it still isn’t out
I feel bad for metroid fans because I feel like I’ve been hearing “metroid dread” for a decade at this point and... oh wait

I’m looking forward to the Pokemon Presents in a few hours. Most hoping for confirmation of Arceus DLC even if it doesn’t come until later.

Also we are less than 33 hours away from Persona news this month. The music was not it.
I can't wait for absolutely nothing of note to happen (ok, that's not fair, they did announce Arena for one of these which is a thing)

I can't wait for absolutely nothing of note to happen (ok, that's not fair, they did announce Arena for one of these which is a thing)
I was pretty down on the year of announcements when I thought more things were counting toward it like the anime rebroadcasts for example.

Only two of the big seven announcements have happened so far, the merchandise and the Persona 4 Arena ports (the latter I’m ecstatic for). Gives me much more hope the last five will be equally substantial.

Can I play Monster Hunter Rise with my partner with them on Pc and me on Switch? I did not follow the news of the PC release. They wanted to try Monster Hunter and I think Rise is the best first step, especially if we can play together.
No. There's no cross play or cross progression between both versions, at least for now.

It's been so sad waiting for any crumb of Digimon Survive news. But atleast this shows It's still in development!

The first trailer hooked me so bad, like in the same way the FE3H trailer did when I first saw it (and that turned out to be my fav game in general). So I've been waiting for this game since forever!!

I love vn's, strategy gameplay, dark tones, and amazing soundtracks so this game has ME LIKES written all over it.

So I'll just keep on waiting for however long it takes. 🤘😭

On another note, also very interested in the Pokemon Direct today, I feel like we'll definitely get an Arceus dlc announcement in it. Other than that I dare not theorize. I don't like setting up false expectations. XD

Polygon's very effusive review of Steam Deck is really interesting and certainly makes me see how it's going to be a desirable device for enthusiasts. I haven't used Steam for years because I kept hoovering up cheap software without ever getting around to actually playing it; that, and once Switch came along and offered me the catch-all convenience, Steam, like other platforms, fell by the wayside for me. Time is always the issue in terms of finding another platform as a back up system, and maybe Steam Deck, with access to thousands of games, could be an even better companion system to Switch than my Series S. But right now it's an attractive hypothetical rather than something I'm really strongly wanting to get.

Serious musings aside, Polygon's Steam Deck review also made me realise just how much some people misunderstand why portable gaming has been Nintendo's great strength. The Polygon review describes the Vita as the most serious challenger Nintendo have ever faced, which really made me laugh. Not out of disrespect for what was a gorgeously designed and very capable device; but the Vita was in no way a serious challenge for Nintendo. Maybe it was just a slip up and they meant to say "PSP", but even that slip is pretty funny and revealing. The assumption is always that the device which appeals most to what the enthusiastic online crowd want is the best and most serious hardware proposition. There's an element of that thinking with Steam Deck once again.

That being said, the Deck absolutely has advantages Vita never had in that it can leverage the strengths of one of the world's strongest gaming platforms: Steam.

I’ve been playing F-Zero X off and on these last two weeks for the first time. I’ve posted here already I’m surprised I’ve never heard that X was more or less exactly like GX because I would have jumped on it far sooner. I just unlocked the Joker cup and I’m now far more surprised I’ve never once heard Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 64 is legit an actual course in the game and that it’s rad as heck like the rest of the game.

If Gen 9 is really 2022 like rumored, then I don't believe Breath of the Wild 2 is coming this year anymore.
It'd be a mistake to assume Pokemon is the One Big Game or that it potentially being present has any bearing on Zelda.

Nintendo were happy to launch Smash just after Pokemon in 2018. They had Link Between Worlds and Pokemon X & Y on 3DS in 2013. They had Luigi's Mansion 3 and Ring Fit Adventure just before Sword and Shield in 2019. Zelda being 2022 hinges on whether or not the game is ready for a 2022 launch.

I really wonder what would be the fan response to a Gen 9 that is like Sw/Sh in a post-Arceus world. I know I wouldn't be able to play such Pokémon games anymore.

I really wonder what would be the fan response to a Gen 9 that is like Sw/Sh in a post-Arceus world. I know I wouldn't be able to play such Pokémon games anymore.

Its going to be extremely underwhelming but will sell extremely well

I posted my new game project on Twitter yesterday and in honor of the thread we had before, I just had to label it as a "breathlike". (It's very Zelda inspired)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom