• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
not only is it real, it’s good

now do more
It just feels so good to play 😫, it's a genuine struggle to not do a playthrough every week

The real game of the year from 2021

I’m gonna have to buy fusion and the prime trilogy on Wii U soon
Damn right it is!

star-wars-palpatine.jpg

Gooooooood

Very weird to say this, but the GTA Trilogy MIGHT finally be worth it for some at a sale. They're perfectly playable now with the recent patch that dropped tonight.

Last edited:
I bought Elden Ring. Know nothing. Love Souls-games though. But it for Xbox One. Hope I'll be ok

I’m going to UI hell for some of the shit I’m pulling on that game I’m working on

“make it a diamond, it’s good enough for baseball, what’s the worst that could happen?”

ludicrous

The "Future Nintendo Hardware" thread is great because they say a lot of acronyms and I think that's neat

"they're gonna use FSR on RNA2 SoCs to DLSS the x86 7nm process"

no clue what any of it means but it's fun to look at
ppl when the switch 2 is revealed to have 69 terashits per megafart

Z3orwXX.png

The "Future Nintendo Hardware" thread is great because they say a lot of acronyms and I think that's neat

They will use some magic and voodoos to cook the new Switch

There's a lot that I like about classic Pokémon and a lot that I like about Arceus. I think both "styles" could benefit from taking certain things from each other while keeping other aspects limited to one series respectively.

However, one thing I am never ever going to budge on in a billion years is battle transitions. If Gen 9 has them I will straight up skip the games.

How much have they fixed now? Is there any patch notes?
They aren‘t any so far, which makes sense considering they announced patches to be dropping next week, not this week lol. So this 1.0.6 update is either the announced one dropped early, or an extra update solely for the Switch.

Mostly the technical affair of the games were improved. Framerate is so much better I actually want to continue on playing now for more than 20 minutes. I‘m pretty sensitive to lag due to my history with high-FPS PC gaming, and this is definitely playable now. Image quality is pretty good in handheld mode now, and it doesn‘t look terrible anymore in docked mode (50 inch 4K TV, if you need a reference). Render distance in San Andreas is MUCH improved, while it‘s moderately better in Vice City. At least I don‘t crash into cars spawning in front of me anymore, which is the most important thing.

I just read a twitter thread about how "Elden Ring should be getting Cyberpunk 2077 level reviews because of how badly it plays on PC, just look at this clip!"

[clip shows 59FPS gameplay with minor stuttering]

"This is entirely unacceptable!!!"

TwitterGamingHumanity was a mistake.

FSR = FidelityFX Super Resolution = fancy upscaling tech that looks better than normal upscaling
RNA2 = Radeon DNA = AMD's graphics architecture, it's just a name
SoC = System on a Chip, i.e. a GPU and CPU on the same chip die
DLSS = Deep Learning Super Sampling = Nvidia's proprietary AI powered upscaling technology, or as some call it, black magic
x86 = an Intel CPU architecture
7nm = 7 nanometers = a marketing term for the semiconductor fabrication process some relatively newer chips are made on

FSR = FidelityFX Super Resolution = fancy upscaling tech that looks better than normal upscaling
RNA2 = Radeon DNA = AMD's graphics architecture, it's just a name
SoC = System on a Chip, i.e. a GPU and CPU on the same chip die
DLSS = Deep Learning Super Sampling = Nvidia's proprietary AI powered upscaling technology, or as some call it, black magic
x86 = an Intel CPU architecture
7nm = 7 nanometers = a marketing term for the semiconductor fabrication process some relatively newer chips are made on

haha look at this guy coming up with weird stuff on the spot

There's a lot that I like about classic Pokémon and a lot that I like about Arceus. I think both "styles" could benefit from taking certain things from each other while keeping other aspects limited to one series respectively.

However, one thing I am never ever going to budge on in a billion years is battle transitions. If Gen 9 has them I will straight up skip the games.
I never played any Pokémon game(IIRC I tried one of the GBA or GB games but never really got anywhere), but I have both Brilliant Diamond and Arceus here(a previous owner bought both on pre order to my luck lol). I'm downloading Arceus just to have the feeling of playing a new game that everyone's playing, maybe I'll play online too. Is it a good showcase for beginners? Sounds like an over all good game. I loved Breath of the Wild. And I love Persona 5, so maybe I will like exploration with monster collection lol. If it has a good story I'll love it. Not a Pokémon fan myself, but I'll get into it.

I just read a twitter thread about how "Elden Ring should be getting Cyberpunk 2077 level reviews because of how badly it plays on PC, just look at this clip!"

[clip shows 59FPS gameplay with minor stuttering]

"This is entirely unacceptable!!!"

TwitterGamingHumanity was a mistake.
Since I'm getting a Steam Deck I keep wondering if I should be worried about the reception to PC performance and then I remembered that I'm a Switch only gamer and I probably won't care at all.

I never played any Pokémon game(IIRC I tried one of the GBA or GB games but never really got anywhere), but I have both Brilliant Diamond and Arceus here(a previous owner bought both on pre order to my luck lol). I'm downloading Arceus just to have the feeling of playing a new game that everyone's playing, maybe I'll play online too. Is it a good showcase for beginners? Sounds like an over all good game. I loved Breath of the Wild. And I love Persona 5, so maybe I will like exploration with monster collection lol. If it has a good story I'll love it. Not a Pokémon fan myself, but I'll get into it.

Arceus is very different from the other mainline series games, you have much more freedom and there's an increased focus on catching instead of fighting. Whereas Brilliant Diamond is as classic as it gets. In that sense, Arceus isn't a great "showcase" for the rest of the series but it's a pretty good game and if you liked the exploration in BotW, you will hopefully like it here as well (even if it is different). Wouldn't get my hopes up for a great story though!

Amazingly, I actually understand this sentence, and it technically does not make sense but it almost does

Wonder if Nintendo's social media stuff has stalled for some reason. They didn't do a post for Majora's mask, and normally we'd know the next n64 game by now given the last few updates

What makes that great is it the other side of Hitchcock tension coin. If you show people talking at a table then a bomb goes off, you get a jump scare but no tension. The key is to show the bomb under the table earlier so you get the tension.

This is similar. We see Link setting up the boulder. We know what he's doing. So there is anticipation. And when it goes off, the hilarity is doubled.

I can't get over how ugly the steam deck is. It feels like the Nintendo DS to the DS Lite of the Switch lol.

Which just reminds me how fucking remarkable it was that Nintendo managed to pull off the Switch in 2017 after giving us the Wii U Gamepad...

Specifically, they were smart to halt their MM-themed countdown. That would have been a bad, bad look.
Agreed. I guess whoever does their pr just generally thinks it's not the time to share rn. I wonder. I'm so used to other companies basically being business as usual so I didn't expect Nintendo to take a moment off marketing. Not saying it's a bad move, just something I didn't expect

I can't get over how ugly the steam deck is. It feels like the Nintendo DS to the DS Lite of the Switch lol.

Which just reminds me how fucking remarkable it was that Nintendo managed to pull off the Switch in 2017 after giving us the Wii U Gamepad...
Nintendo usually has launched with a Fischer Price model and then knocks its out of the park afterward with the design (though I do like the OG GBA for the wide handheld factor of the SP).

Agreed. I guess whoever does their pr just generally thinks it's not the time to share rn. I wonder. I'm so used to other companies basically being business as usual so I didn't expect Nintendo to take a moment off marketing. Not saying it's a bad move, just something I didn't expect
To be fair, someone (may have been in this thread, in which case apologies for not crediting properly!) recently pointed out that NoA took a break from posting for a week after the George Floyd protests began in June 2020, and NoE took an additional two days on top of that. They also delayed a direct by two weeks in 2018/2019 when there was an earthquake that hit Japan

Nintendo may not always listen to their fans but at least they're aware of global events.

I love checking a thread and the last post was posted like 3 minutes ago and it just says "Edit: Nevermind"

it's basically the forum equivalent to a suspicious person whistling to feign nonchalance

After watching live footage of Steam Deck.

My hot take is I should just stick to Switch for now. At least the text will guarantee to be readable. Hope the industry as a whole realizes this as an issue and ends these tiny fonts trend for good (and for gamer eyes).

I’m waiting for the reveal so someone can break things down in terms of DBZ power levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom