• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've reached the final battle of Legends: Arceus. It's taking me much longer than I thought, so I had to put my Switch on the charger; I haven't beaten it yet, though I always come close!

There is one thing I have to say about this game that keeping running through my head: WHY DIDN'T WE GET A POKEMON GAME THIS GOOD SOONER?
It is really fun, I want a Legends Unova or Legends Johto.

The content are rather thin in the early days and they change monetized modeling to be more greedy than the previous game.
The second zone seems to have helped a lot with that. As someone who plays more casually I don't have much of an issue with that, but I'm also far from a "Whale" in the f2p sense. I'm really just so impressed with how the game feels.

Johto would benefit from a game entirely dedicated to it and doesn't have the spotlight shared with Kanto imo, so yeah of the different options I actually think that's the best pick. It's also the region where the different ideas of PLA would map most cleanly onto.

A quick heads up - I've compiled a list of resources for ways we can support Ukraine.

Carry on

offer-nice.gif

Today was my monthly ritual of the good news roundup, which I do to bolster my mental health.

I don’t mean to downplay the many terrible things happening in the world. My heart goes out to all those who are suffering, and I stand in solidarity with the people of Ukraine.

I just believe that for all that the world can be a scary place, there is still good to be found. With that said, here's some things that went right recently. I hope it helps.

- HIV is close to being eliminated in Australia, with last year seeing the lowest number of cases since 1984

- A historic ruling in Ecuador has given the country's 14 indigenous groups the power to veto mining and oil projects on their lands.

- Iceland is phasing out commercial whaling

- Researchers have found a way to turn stem cells into bone cells, which could be used to help regrow bone lost to cancer or degenerative disease.

- South Australia smashes renewable energy record, running entirely off wind and solar power for a full week.

- In a world first, a man whose spinal cord was severed in a motorcycle accident walks again thanks to new implant.

Last edited:
Welp, I just finished Legends: Arceus. 85 hours, Pokedex completed.

I can already feel the void in my life this game is going to leave behind. I want to play it for the first time all over again...

(Also, the fact that my post resulted in memes devolving from Legends into "egg" is absolutely hilarious to me, and yet I shouldn't be surprised. Fami, keep being Fami!)

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Edit: Hidden post, this does not concern anyone who is not Fami.

Last edited:
There isn't anything I could add that hasn't already been said by others here and more eloquently, but my heart goes to the people of Ukraine and if any of you have family in that region I hope they stay safe.

Thinking about it a bit more, given the context of how well most switch software and in particular how well Botw and all the Pokémon games have sold, Skyward Sword HD and Pokémon Snap only doing around 2-3 million or so each if that’s correct is pretty disappointing. You’d think they’d be a lock to do a bit better just by virtue of a small percentage of parents buying the wrong Zelda/Pokémon game by accident

Thinking about it a bit more, given the context of how well most switch software and in particular how well Botw and all the Pokémon games have sold, Skyward Sword HD and Pokémon Snap only doing around 2-3 million or so each if that’s correct is pretty disappointing. You’d think they’d be a lock to do a bit better just by virtue of a small percentage of parents buying the wrong Zelda/Pokémon game by accident
To be fair, Pokemon spinoffs never sell that well, so it's impressive that New Pokemon Snap managed to almost surpass the original which had the pokemania boost.

I have decided that my next game (until either I get a Steam Deck or Triangle Strategy releases) will be Ace Attorney 1. I know basically nothing about the games except memes, but I imagine the case structure will probably mean it'll be easier to put on pause and pick something else up. Or I'm hilariously wrong on that front, who knows

It'll be my first VN game too so I'm interested to see how this'll go. I'm not usually a huge story person in games but I do like reading in general so maybe it'll balance out? Won't know until I try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom